Awards & Certifications
- 2019/09The US: CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for Five Years in a Row, Ranks Third Place in Engineering & Construction Industry GloballyRobecoSAM, an international investment company with a specific focus on sustainability investments, recently announced the results of 2019 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components. CTCI has been selected in the Emerging Markets index for five years in a row, ranks third place in the Engineering & Construction Industry category, and retained top place in the Economic & Social Dimension among global peers, sustaining its position as an industry leader in Taiwan.
This year, totally 3,519 companies were invited by RobecoSAM globally to participate in the DJSI Index assessment, while CTCI was listed by DJSI in its Emerging Markets index. For Emerging Markets index, 98 enterprises, including CTCI, were selected from the 808 participating enterprises. This year, CTCI is highly recognized for performances in Economic and Social Dimension, ranking the 1st place among its peers. Specifically, it performs well in non-financial criteria including Codes of Business Conduct, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, as well as Occupational Health and Safety.
In terms of promotion of sustainability, CTCI has devised long-term goals to be achieved by 2021 separated by four core business areas, iEPC (intelligent EPC), Green Engineering, Circular Economy, and Smart Plants in response to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) proposed by the United Nations. Meanwhile, internally, we enhance colleagues’ awareness of sustainability issues and participation rate by organizing Corporate Sustainability Action Initiative contest, while externally, we promote youth sustainability education through CTCI Education Foundation, holding a variety of activities including Youth Sustainability Leadership Program, and Taiwan in My Eyes-120h.
CTCI achieved a bright business operation record in 2018, with new contract amount and backlog of contract reached 110.7 billion and 208 billion, grew by 129 % and 25 %, respectively. Also, CTCI continues to be listed by Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine within Top 100 International Contractors and International Design Firms, able to independently execute large-scale EPC turnkey project services exceeding a contract value of USD1 billion.
CTCI’s CSR practice has been widely recognized by various quarters; it is once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine, and recognized with various honors in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards -- Top Ten Domestic Corporate". CTCI is committed to continuously exerting its influence to sustainability as the most reliable global engineering services provider, the trailblazer in green innovation, employer that builds a brilliant workplace, and, last but not least, a corporate citizen willing to commit.
- 2019/09Taiwan: CTCI Corp., ECOVE, CTCI ASI Won the 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award, CommonWealth Magazine--ECOVE Ranks 1st Place in Medium-sized EnterpriseResults for Top 100 of the 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award organized by CommonWealth magazine have come out. Three CTCI companies have made the list. CTCI Corporation ranks 25th in the large enterprise category, while ECOVE, an affiliate of CTCI, came in 1st place under medium-sized enterprise. CTCI ASI finished 7th. Once again, CTCI’s endeavor to fulfill corporate social responsibility combining its core expertise has been recognized. The award ceremony was held on Sep. 5.
CTCI receives high scores in “corporate governance”, “corporate commitment”, “social participation” as well as “environmental protection” items. Apart from steady growth in operations and adherence to sustainable development, CTCI has established CTCI Education Foundation, engaged in industry-academy cooperation, and participated in forums and trades programs, aiming to expand the influence of engineering, improve education level, promotes global sustainability and industry upgrading. Besides, it has always applied its core competence in green engineering technologies to provide customers with environmental protection and energy-saving solutions that are economically viable. CTCI strives to innovate and improve green competitiveness in the industry, leading its subcontractors to contribute to environmental sustainability.
Finishing in 1st place under medium-sized enterprise, ECOVE has applied its expertise in Energy-from-Waste and actively participated in the certification of environmental education facilities. It also designed environmental education courses based on the characteristics of EfW plants, human factors and geography. At the same time, citizens and schoolchildren are invited to visit local plants in an effort to improve public knowledge of environmental protection and energy cycling, exercising its business influence.
CTCI ASI continues to enhance its ranking this year. Apart from implementing corporate governance, promoting wellbeing in the workplace, it has engaged in talent cultivation by means of industry-academy cooperation and industry partnerships. It also applies its core competence in innovative research and development, dedicating itself to smart plants, airports, manufacturing, process safety and facility intelligent solutions, committed to the creation of energy data, development of energy performance management platforms and energy management solutions. This has in turn led to greener engineering management in all levels of the domestic supply chain, assisting its clients to undergo intelligent transformation. Now the positive results have been recognized.
Along with other members of the group, CTCI is working to fulfill responsibilities as a world citizen and has incorporated core operations to make better use of business influence. It strives to benefit business, society and the environment in order to contribute to sustainable development on a global scale.
- 2019/08The US: CTCI Corporation Continues to be Listed by ENR among Top 100 International Engineering Companies in 2019The rankings of 2019 Engineering News-Record magazine (ENR) had been released. CTCI Corporation has been continuously listed within the international contractors, global contractors, and international design firms. Among over 200 enterprises listed, CTCI Corporation has been placed within the Top 100 list for International Design Firms and International Contractors for four years in a row, moreover, the ranking of International Contractors has continued heading upwards for five consecutive years. This demonstrates a successful business expansion result in the overseas market for CTCI.
ENR, a prestigious international magazine, conducts its surveys for engineering companies annually. ENR rankings have strong credibility and are important indexes for international engineering industry. ENR rankings have two main categories which are design firms and contractors based on company’s annual sales revenues of the previous year. Under the two categories, companies in the "International" list are ranked on the basis of overseas revenues, whereas companies in the "Global" list are ranked according to their total revenues of domestic and overseas projects.
In recent years, CTCI makes constant efforts on business growth and has successfully expanded international markets by enhancing its competitiveness and international visibility, and is thus able to continue standing at the top 100 international engineering companies list.
- 2019/08Taiwan: Taichung Power Plant No.1-10 Coal Handling System Improvement Project Contracted by CTCI Honored as 2019 Green Project Site by TaipowerDue to excellent performance on environment protection, TPC Taichung Coal Handling project contracted by CTCI (main contractor) had been selected as a winner for distinguished honor of TPC 2019 Green Environmental Protection Site. On 22 Aug. 2019, CTCI Chairman Yu received this award from TPC Chairman Yang Wei-Fuu on behalf of the company. At the award ceremony, Chairman Yu attributed this award to the joint effort and contribution of all project team members, along with the vendors and Owners’ guidance. Furthermore, GC Yu is committed to engineering a safer and healthier workplace with CTCI’s most reliable engineering services.
To comply with Air Pollution Control Act of EPA, TPC held this event to promote the “Green Environmental Protection Construction Site” policy. The scope of evaluation covers issues including management system, plan, execution results, and innovation achievements. To transform the open coal yard to indoor storage, a steel structure coal shed with long-span and huge storage buildings will be built for this project. After project completion in 2022, it is expected that the air quality in Central Taiwan will be significantly improved. Moreover, at the design stage, CTCI had taken into consideration the recycling and reuse of rainwater, coal waste water, and surface runoff. Besides, for the earthwork a balance between the cut and fill has been achieved, leaving no disposal problem. At the construction site, achievements in HSE include detention basin, dust-proof mesh, pedestrian-vehicle separation, gravel paving for access road, garbage sorting and recycling, and ditch cleaning. With a holistic approach to environmental protection, till today, CTCI has not violated any applicable laws by the competent authority.
CTCI is committed to applying its expertise in green engineering to the sustainable development of Taiwan and the globe, staying true to the brand spirit of being the most reliable global engineering services provider.
- 2019/07Taiwan: CTCI Certified to Both ISO 45001:2018 & CNS 45001 for Occupational Health and Safety Management, a Pioneering Engineering Company in TaiwanThe Taiwan-based international EPC contractor CTCI continually improves occupational health and safety performance and is recently certified to Taiwan’s CNS 45001 occupational health and safety management systems following certification to Taiwan’s first international occupational health and safety management system standard, ISO 45001:2018 by International Standard Organization last year. This makes CTCI Taiwan’s first example of engineering company certified to both standards.
The certification demonstrates CTCI’s commitment to follow the trend of international standard and build an even healthier and safer working environment, realizing the vision of becoming “The Most Reliable Global Engineering Services Provider” and setting an example for the industry.
In the certification ceremony, the CEO of CTCI Group Shared Services, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, stated “CTCI not merely provides the best engineering technological quality and service, but stress employees’ safety and health at the workplace more than anything else. We are committed to promoting HSE policies which stresses “Safety First”, actively sharing international engineering technologies and practices with the industry. In the long run, we hope to enhance HSE management performance of the nation.”
CTCI, with four decades of development in the global EPC lump sum contracting markets, is placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors by Engineering News-Record magazine. It has set a model for sustainable operations in the industry with its HSE policy which includes a statement to “Insist on Safety as the First Priority”. Besides being selected for Emerging Markets Index membership for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan for 4 consecutive years, it has made improvements in the percentile ranking of “Occupational HSE”, reaching the 100th percentile in 2017 and 2018. The performance consolidates CTCI’s leading position among other peers in the international engineering industry, winning it customer’s trust and recognition.
- 2019/06Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 50 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). The team successfully created a safety record of 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries in January 2019. This May, the project team broke the record with over 50 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries for onsite HSE management performance.
The total safety record has been accumulated during Apr. 26, 2016 to May 12, 2019. A grand celebration ceremony has been held on Jun. 26. On behalf of CTCI, CTCI GEB DCEO Mr. M. H. Wang and EPC1 Project Director Min Li Lee attended the ceremony. Guests attending the ceremony included Owner ORPIC EPC 1/2/3/4 General Manager Mr. Rami Al Khourzom and EPC1 Project Manager Mr. Khalifa Al Makhmari, senior management of McDermott attending the ceremony include Senior Vice President Mr. Tareq Kawash and Liwa Project Director Mr. Wim Berendsen. Totally 11 subcontractors of over 50 nationalities witnessed this historic moment together. At the ceremony, a trophy was conferred to subcontractors, acknowledging their joint efforts to achieve this milestone. In a shared commitment, everyone is determined to attain the goal of no hurt.
ORPIC, owned by the Government of the Sultanate of Oman, is created to pursue investment opportunities in the energy sector both inside and outside Oman. Located in the Sohar Industrial Port Area 100 km afar from north of Omani capital Muscat, the Project is part of the 4 EPC packages in the Complex and has the largest contract value for building steam cracker and utilities, the most vital part in LPIC Complex. Subcontractor of the 4 EPCs packages are internationally renowned engineering companies. The plant commissioning is scheduled in 2020.
- 2019/05Taiwan: Three CTCI Listed Companies Evaluated as Top 5% of the 5th Corporate Governance EvaluationIn the 5th Corporate Governance Evaluation by Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx), three listed companies in CTCI Group (CTCI Corp., CTCI Advanced Systems, ECOVE) finished in the top 5% of the TWSE and TPEx listed categories. In addition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE finished in the top 10% of listed companies in the non-finance and non-electronics industry with a market value of 10 billion TWD or more. ECOVE is the only TPEx listed company to be ranked in this category. The two evaluations above are divided into 7 and 5 levels respectively, with CTCI placing at the highest level in both. The awards ceremony was held on May 28th. Executive Vice President of CTCI, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, the Chairman of CTCI Advanced Systems, Teng-Yaw Yu, and the Chairman of ECOVE, Jun-Jer Liao, were present to accept the awards.
This year's evaluations were mainly carried out using the 172 indicators in 4 major dimensions: protecting shareholders' rights and interests, equal treatment, enhancing board structure and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice. A total of 1,554 companies, including 868 TWSE listed companies and 686 TPEx listed companies, were evaluated. The awards recognize CTCI's efforts in several areas including operational performance, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
As a leader in Taiwan's engineering industry with the "Most Reliable" brand spirit, CTCI continues to improve its corporate governance and strives for sustainable business performance. Through the promotion of "Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice," corporate social responsibility is incorporated into CTCI's business strategy. CTCI’s core professional technologies enable it to provide the world with the best engineering services and improve the competitiveness of domestic industries. This is done without neglecting economic, social, and environmental developments as part of the contribution towards global sustainability. Its outstanding performance has been recognized in several domestic and foreign evaluations, including constituent stocks in DJSI Emerging Markets Index for 4 consecutive years, top 40 constituent stocks for listed companies in the 1st Taiwan Sustainability Index, Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth Magazine, and Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards—Top Ten Domestic Corporate in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- 2019/05Taiwan: CTCI Retained Top 1 in the Contractor Sector in 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth Magazine with Various CTCI Companies ListedThis May, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released. As the outcome indicated, seven CTCI constituent companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises in its respective industry. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation ranks at the top 5% in the Top 650 Service Enterprises list, and has retained Top 1 in the contractor sector. With outstanding business performance, ECOVE Waste Management Corporation ascend the list for the first time.
The ranking released on May 2019 was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for the year 2018. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, and totally there are 2,100 excellent companies. The table below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI in various sectors.
- 2019/04UAE: CTCI/Chiyoda Joint Venture Titanium Sponge Plant Project in Yanbu Recognized as GCC Winner of 2019 MEED Projects Awards in the Industrial Project of the Year CategoryCTCI/Chiyoda Joint Venture Titanium Sponge Plant Project in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia is selected as the GCC winner in the Industrial Project of the Year category of 2019 MEED Projects Awards, in association with Mashreq.
Taking advantage of the owner ATTM’s (Advanced Metal Industries Cluster Company Limited of Saudi Araba/Toho Titanium Co., Ltd. of Japan) state-of-the-art production technology and competitive energy costs in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has become the 7th country to produce titanium sponge in the world after completion of the project in 2017, and the plant is among the most cost-competitive titanium sponge plants in the world.
The Titanium Sponge Plant project was selected as one of the important projects in ”Saudi Vision 2030” which is planned to reduce Saudi Arabia's dependence on oil and expected to contribute for establishment of “Titanium Supply Chain” within Saudi Arabia for economic development.
In spite of facing various and unexpected difficulties, this project was successfully completed within Contract schedule, attaining mechanical completion ahead of schedule on 28 May 2017 and achieving a record of 7 million safe man-hours without any disabling injuries.
In the first round of the competition, the project has been recognized as National Winner of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the category of Industrial Project of the Year of the MEED Project Award. Having been reviewed against other National Winners from across the GCC in the category, the project has been selected as the final winner of the GCC honour of the 2019 MEED Projects Awards on Apr. 24 at Dubai.
The success of the project has established CTCI's reputation and foundation for entering the Middle East's non-ferrous metal industry. Winning this honor has demonstrated CTCI’ capability to meet very stringent quality standards besides able to complete the project on time.
On behalf of CTCI, Chao-Wen Chen, Affiliate Managing Director of CTCI Arabia attended the gala ceremony to accept the GCC Winner award.
- 2019/02Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). With outstanding EPC interface integration and execution as well as onsite HSE management performance, the team successfully created a new safety record for CTCI, accumulating a 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries. To celebrate the achievement, a grand ceremony was held on Feb. 13, and 11 subcontractors with over 50 nationalities totaling 6,000 people share this historical moment. In a shared commitment, everyone is determined to attain the goal of no hurt.
Guests attending the ceremony included Owner ORPIC General Manager Mr. Rami Al Khourzom and Project Manager Mr. Khalifa Al Makhmari, CTCI GEB DCEO Mr. M. H. Wang, Project Director Min Li Lee, Construction Director W. P. Luo, and senior management of McDermott. The total record of a 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries was accumulated during Feb. 26, 2016 to Jan. 26, 2018. At the ceremony, a trophy was conferred to subcontractors, acknowledging their joint efforts to achieve this milestone.
ORPIC, owned by the Government of the Sultanate of Oman, is created to pursue investment opportunities in the energy sector both inside and outside Oman. Located in the Sohar Industrial Port Area 100 km afar from north of Omani capital Muscat, the Project is part of the 4 EPC packages in the Complex and has the largest contract value for building steam cracker and utilities, the most vital part in LPIC Complex. Contractor of the 4 EPCs packages are internationally renowned engineering companies. The plant commissioning is scheduled in 2020.
- 2019/01Taiwan: CTCI REI Certified to ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems & ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management SystemsCTCI REI has recently been certified to both ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems as well as ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems. The award ceremony has been held on Jan. 16, for which CTCI REI Chairman Guo-An Wu and President Din-Go Ku attended to accept the certificates. The certification of these two international standards demonstrates that CTCI has geared itself to the international conventions, dedicating itself to enhancing occupational HSE performance and reducing all related risks.
ISO 45001 is the world’s first Occupational Health and Safety Management System, which helps enterprises to construct a safer, healthier and more sustainable workplace by means of risk identification, constant improvement, and strengthening compliance with current legislation. ISO14001, on the other hand, is a world-renowned environmental management system, whose aim is to ensure businesses to attend to environmental protection while developing, hence contributing to sustainability worldwide.
CTCI REI has been staying committed to employees, clients, and suppliers, continuously bettering engineering quality and HSE management practice and establishing comprehensive standard operating procedures for project executions in line with international standards. Such performance has won it various honors in 2018, including Public Construction Golden Quality Award—for project management and supervision, Excellent Underground Pipeline Engineering Award" of the Chinese Taipei Society for Trenchless Technology, OSH award for excellence in public construction project by Ministry of Labor, and OSH award--Excellent project by New Taipei City Government. In the days to come, CTCI REI will continue to stay true to CTCI’s brand spirit of being the Most Reliable, promote quality/safety first HSE commitment, and create a safer, healthier workplace, hence building a business model for sustainable operations.