Awards & Certifications
- 2018/09CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for 4 Years in a Row: the Only Enterprise in Engineering & Construction Industry in TaiwanRobecoSAM recently announced the results of 2018 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components. CTCI has been selected in the Emerging Markets index for 4 years in a row, and is the only enterprise selected in Taiwan’s Engineering & Construction industry. This year, CTCI improves itself to the 4th place in the Engineering & Construction category, and retained the top place in the Economic Dimension, sustains its position as an industry leader in Taiwan.
In 2018, totally 3,504 companies were invited by RobecoSAM globally to participate in the DJSI Index assessment, while CTCI was listed by DJSI in its Emerging Markets index. For Emerging Markets index, 94 enterprises, including CTCI, were selected from the 802 participating enterprises. This year, CTCI is highly recognized for its performances in Economic and Social Dimension, which ranks the 1st and 2nd place among its peers, respectively. It also performs well in non-financial criteria including Policy Influence, Codes of Business Conduct, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, as well as Occupational Health and Safety. In 2017, CTCI launched a Fast Track Talent Development Program to systematically build the required capabilities in high-potential employees to meet the requirements for talents in the long-term. This has also helped CTCI to make a breakthrough in the Human Capital Development criterion, and for which it was given a full mark. Additionally, CTCI implemented sustainability impact assessment and is the first enterprise certified with ISO 45001:2018 by International Standard Organization. CTCI also convened a Supplier Meeting to partners with its global suppliers to fulfill corporate social responsibility and exert their collective global influences.
In recent years, CTCI’s CSR practice is widely recognized by various quarters; it is once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine, and was also recognized with various achievements in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards - Top Ten Domestic Corporate" award. CTCI is committed to continuously deliver world-class performance in three major aspects of corporate governance, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility fulfillment.
- 2018/08CTCI Corporation Continues to be Listed by ENR among Top 100 International Engineering CompaniesThe rankings of 2018 Engineering News-Record magazine (ENR) had been released. CTCI Corporation has been continuously listed within the international contractors, global contractors, international design firms, and global design firms. Among over 200 enterprises listed, CTCI Corporation has been placed within the Top 100 list for International Design Firms and International Contractors for three years in a row, besides, the ranking of International Contractors even moved upwards to the76th, a result of CTCI’s successful expansion in overseas market; while the rankings of Global Contractors and Global Design Firms were relatively behind because of the limited size of domestic market.
ENR, a prestigious international magazine, conducts its surveys for engineering companies annually. ENR rankings have strong credibility and are important indexes for international engineering industry. ENR rankings have two main categories which are design firms and contractors based on company’s annual sales revenues the previous year. Under the two categories, companies in the "International" list are ranked on the basis of overseas revenues, whereas companies in the "Global" list are ranked according to their total revenues of domestic and overseas projects.
In recent years, CTCI Corporation makes constant efforts on business growth and has successfully expanded international markets by enhancing the technical level, profitability, and international visibility, and is thus able to continue standing at the top 100 international engineering companies list.
- 2018/08CTCI Corp., ECOVE, CTCI ASI Won the 2018 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth MagazineThe Top 100 results for the 2018 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award organized by CommonWealth magazine have come out. Three CTCI companies have made the list. CTCI Corporation was ranked 24th in the large enterprise category, while ECOVE once again came in 3rd under medium-sized enterprise. CTCI ASI, a first-time participant, finished 9th. The award ceremony was held on August 29.
This is the 11th time CTCI Corp. has won the excellence in CSR award since it first came to be held in 2007. CTCI received high scores in corporate governance, corporate commitment, and social participation as well as in environmental protection. Apart from steady growth in operations and adherence to sustainable development, CTCI has always applied its core competence in green engineering technologies to provide customers with environmental protection and energy-saving solutions that are economically viable. CTCI strives to innovate and improve green competitiveness in the industry, in addition to presenting the concept of environmental protection to subcontractors. Through business influence, the aim is to encourage all parties in the value chain to reduce pollution, lower impact on human health and decrease the risk of environmental destruction in order to contribute to environmental sustainability.
Once again finishing in 3rd place under medium-sized enterprise, ECOVE has applied its expertise in waste-to-energy and actively participated in the certification of environmental education facilities. It also designed environmental education courses based on the characteristics of incineration plants, human factors and geography. At the same time, citizens and schoolchildren are invited to visit local plants in an effort to improve public knowledge of environmental protection. It has been an effective use of business influence in the education of environmental issues such as energy conservation, carbon reduction and resource recycling.
The first-time winner CTCI ASI has also applied its core competence in innovative research and development, dedicating itself to smart plants, airports, manufacturing, process safety and facility intelligent solutions. In addition, it is committed to the creation of energy data, as well as the development of energy performance management platforms and energy management solutions. This has in turn led to more green engineering management in all levels of the domestic supply chain, and its positive results have been recognized.
Along with other members of the group, CTCI is working to fulfill responsibilities as a world citizen and has incorporated core operations to make better use of business influence. It strives to benefit business, society and the environment in order to contribute to sustainable development on a global scale.
- 2018/07Five Energy-from-Waste Plants Operated & Managed by ECOVE Honored with the Excellence Awards in EPA 2017-2018 Annual AppraisalCTCI’s affiliate company, ECOVE, has long been dedicated to improve resource cycling efficiency; the efforts have been recognized with the annual evaluations for incineration plants organized by Environmental Protection Administration (EPA). ECOVE Miaoli Plant honored with the premium award; Keelung Plant, Taoyuan Plant, Houli Plant, and Wujih Plant honored with the Excellence Award. The award ceremony was held on July 3rd.
Miaoli Plant, having been awarded six years successively and set a record, deals with 170,000 metric tons of waste every year and generates 95,000 MWh of energy which could supply 26,000 household with electricity throughout the year. Also, the plant commits to lower greenhouse gases and reduces 40,000 metric tons of carbon emission.
In terms of community development, the major environmental education site built by ECOVE adopted the neighboring beach and invited coworkers as well as local residents for cleaning campaign. In the meantime, the plant was rated as a 5-Star environmental education facility title by EPA for turning into an environmental classroom where enthusiastic volunteers offered guided tours.
Houli and Wujih Plant, taking lead in the performance among the 24 incineration plants in Taiwan evaluated, cooperatively process 590,000 metric tons of waste annually, generate 350,000 MWh of energy which could supply electricity to 98,000 households for one year. In terms of electricity selling rate, Houli Plant is 82.83% while Wujih Plant is 80.36%; both of the two numbers are higher than national average.
Furthermore, Taoyuan Plant, having won its 8th award, rated as No. 1 in terms of the amount of waste annually (440,000 metric tons) and electricity selling rate (87.4%).
The committee also praised the good operating performances for waste control and the certification of environmental education site at Keelung Plant. The plant has also been actively involved in good-neighbor activities to enhance public awareness of environmental protection and neighborhood caring.
Criteria of the nationwide annual evaluations for incineration plants include operating performance, waste landing inspection, incineration plant slag, and stabilized fly ash control, all of which are conducted on site randomly.
The 5 awards confirm the long-term commitment and performance of ECOVE. In the days to comes, ECOVE will continuously commit to improve operating performance, environmental protection, pollution prevention, carbon reduction, and technical upgrading to contribute to the community.
- 2018/07CTCI and Its Subsidiary Listed by the Newly Launched Taiwan Sustainability IndexHaving a high confidence level of non-profit organizations and academically independent professionalism, Taiwan Sustainability Index (TWSI) is the first system in Taiwan sorting international and domestic integrated indicators. According to the selection result published by TWSI, CTCI Corp. and its subsidiary, ECOVE ENC, are both on the list of top 40listed components. CTCI Corp. even ranks top 1/3 on this list. In this competition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE ENC both stood out among 209 excellent candidates for their sustainable development performance. When pursuing the business growth, these companies can also juggle the sustainable development in economic, environmental and social aspects to create a positive cycle and a win-win-win situation for companies, investors and the society.
TWSI is a high confidence level index selected by both Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) and College of Business in National Taipei University that cooperated with each other. The selection is based on the SEED standards, including fours aspects such as society (S), economics (E), environment (E) and disclosure (D) and combining with more than 300 international and domestic indicators, as well as top academic research discoveries. In addition, among 209 candidates participating in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA) over last years, they selected those outstanding companies that fulfilled the corporate social responsibility and promoted the sustainable development. According to the data integration made by both sides and based on the cross analysis, the top 40 components with comprehensive performance were selected. Their market capitalization weighted index covers about 43.85% of the total market capitalization.
In recent years, CTCI has been awarded recognition for its corporate social responsibility as well as the promotion of sustainable development. CTCI not only has been selected for years as a component of the Emerging Markets Index by Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), selected on the list of CommonWealth Magazine for the Top 50 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility but also received many awards such as The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards-Top Ten Domestic Corporate, Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards of TCSA, etc. What's more, CTCI Education Foundation (CTCI EF) dedicates itself to promoting the sustainable education and sharing sustainable development results and experience with other countries via global activities in order to capture the value of sustainability and make this society a better place.
- 2018/05CTCI Retained Top 1 in the Contractor Sector in 2018 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth Magazine with Various CTCI Companies ListedThis May, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released. As the outcome indicated, 6 member companies of CTCI, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, and CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation continues to retain at the top 3% in the Top 650 Service Enterprises list, while its ranking for profitability is now improved to the 22nd place, and it has retained Top 1 in the contractor sector. Several CTCI constituent companies also increase rankings in the Top 650 Service Enterprises survey and in its respective industry.
The ranking released on May this year was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for the year 2017. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, and totally there are 2,100 excellent companies. Tables below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI in various sectors.
- 2018/05CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. and ECOVE Environment Corporation Evaluated as Top 5% in the“2017 Corporate Governance Evaluation System”Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx) announced the 2017 Corporate Governance Evaluation results. CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. (CTCI ASI) and ECOVE Environment Corporation (ECOVE) were evaluated as top 5% of the TPEx listed companies.
The award ceremony was held on May 29, 2018 at the 9th floor of Taipei 101. Mr. Chen-Chin Chen, Chairman of CTCI ASI, and Mr. J. J. Liao, Chairman of ECOVE, received the awards from Mr. Wellington L. Koo, Chairman of the Financial Supervisory Commission, on behalf of CTCI ASI and ECOVE respectively.
The TWSE and TPEx launched “Corporate Governance Evaluation System”, conducted by the Securities and Futures Institute (SFI) to evaluate the performance of corporate governance among listed companies. The evaluation indicators comprise the 6 categories and 99 indicators: protecting shareholder rights and interests, treating shareholders equitably, enhancing board composition and operation, increasing information transparency, putting corporate social responsibility into practice, and others.
In 2016, all the entries in the evaluation include 861 TWSE-listed companies and 675 TPEx-listed companies as a whole. The awards demonstrate that CTCI obeys the laws and regulations and voluntarily enhances mechanism of corporate governance.
- 2018/04CTCI Is One of the Leading Corporations Certified to ISO 45001:2018 in Global Engineering IndustryThe Taiwan-based international EPC contractor CTCI continually improves occupational health and safety performance in the workplace and is recently certified to the first international occupational health and safety management system standard published by International Standard Organization, ISO 45001:2018. The certification shows its commitment to follow the trend of the international standard and build an even healthier and safer working environment, realizing the vision of becoming the most reliable global engineering services provider.
In the certification ceremony of ISO 45001:2018 on April 12, the CEO of CTCI Group Shared Services, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, stated: “CTCI takes the lead in being certified to ISO Occupational Health and Safety Standard in global engineering industry and this is the result of our teamwork; it also shows that CTCI actively takes the responsibility of HSE management and continues to surpass ourselves”. The Senior General Manager of HSE Management Department, Daniel Ting was also invited to give a speech on “How CTCI becomes a leader in building OHS management connected to global networks” in the ceremony to share CTCI’s experience in the transition to the OHS management system.
ISO 45001:2018 is the latest international standard that published on March 12, 2018 and developed by experts from more than 70 countries. It is expected that ISO 45001:2018 will take the place of the broadly implemented OHSAS 18001 to facilitate corporations to continually improve their OHS performance in the workplace. CTCI, with nearly 4 decades of development in the global EPC lump sum contracting markets, sets a model for sustainable operations in the industry with the HSE policy of “Insist on Safety as the First Priority”. Besides being evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the Taipei Exchange (TPEx) listed companies in the Corporate Governance Evaluation for years, CTCI has been selected for Emerging Markets Index membership for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan for 3 consecutive years, and placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors by Engineering News-Record magazine. In 2018, CTCI wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for successful brand transformation.
- 2018/03CINDA, Subsidiary Company of CTCI, Honored with Vishwakarma Award by Construction Industry Development Council of India for Outstanding Construction Health, Safety & Environment and Green PerformanceThe project of RFCL (Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.) - Civil Work for U&O Package and PLL (Petronet LNG Limited) - Dahej Project contracted by CINDA, a subsidiary company of CTCI, has won the Vishwakarma Award in the category of Achievement Award for Construction Health, Safety & Environment and Green Performance by Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC). The award ceremony was held at India Habitat Center, Dehli on March 7. On behalf of the company, Mr. Tim Lin, Managing Director of CINDA, and Mr. Stellan Yang, Marketing & Sales Manager attended the ceremony for award accepting.
The Vishwakarma Award is a national honor held by CIDC which is devoted to attaining and sustaining a qualitative improvement in India’s work, methods, technology levels and standards of construction industry. Since 2008, CINDA has been dedicated itself to developing India market by adopting the high HSE policy standard and implementing such policies with due care. For years, CINDA has come close to learn the local engineering practices, and rapidly established related system and won credits from the industry in India. Along with other key players in India such as EIL (Engineers India Ltd) and L&T (Larson & Toubro), the winning of this important award signifies that its localization efforts has borne fruits in India. In the days to come, CINDA will continue to deliver the most reliable project execution practice and committed to providing green engineering services for India’s future development and ecological sustainability.
--Achievement Award for Construction Health, Safety & Environment
RFCL (Ramagundam Fertilizer & Chemical Ltd.) Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package
PLL (Petronet LNG Limited) - Dahej LNG Expansion Regasification Facilities Phase IIIB1 Project
--Green Performance Award
RFCL Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package
- 2018/03GDDC, Turned Kaohsiung Harbor Area into Photovoltaic Power Facility, Honored with “Golden Boat Award” from Taiwan International Ports CorporationG.D. Development Corporation (GDDC), a subsidiary of industry-leading resource cycling services provider ECOVE, has completed an initiative in Taiwan of constructing a 5,980MWh photovoltaic power facility in Kaohsiung Harbor. GDDC's efforts have been recognized with the “Golden Boat Award- Special Contribution Award” for increasing revenue to Taiwan International Ports Corporation and activate the existing constructions in the harbor.
Cooperated with the National Renewable Energy and Green Port Policy, GDDC obtained the right to construct photovoltaic power facilities in Kaohsiung Harbor through public bidding in 2015. Up to now, GDDC has completed a total capacity of 4.6MW harbor photovoltaic power facility which can generate about 5,980MWh green power and cut down 3,170 metric tons of carbon emission annually. In 2018, the third phase of the parallel operation and additional 1.5MW photovoltaic power facility will be accomplished.
The Golden Boat Award is organized by Taiwan International Ports Corporation and is mainly awarded to outstanding enterprises which improved the management and operation of Kaohsiung Harbor; GDDC is the only awarded company in the solar photovoltaic industry.
In the next few years, GDDC will actively comply with national policies to perform a 20GW solar photovoltaic project and strive for investment opportunities in roof, ground and water fields. In addition, GDDC will cooperate with Gintech Energy Corporation which has extensive experience in the investment and operation of solar power plants in Taiwan and USA markets to look for opportunities in solar photovoltaic projects around the world.
- 2018/03CTCI Wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for Successful Brand TransformationTaipei, TAIWAN — March 2018, CTCI, Taiwan’s largest EPC contractor, wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards, the highest recognition for excellence in brand repositioning. More than 27 countries are represented among this year’s winners, including Hewlett Packard Enterprise (USA), Siemens (Germany), and ABB (Switzerland). This important award enables CTCI to gain publicity in the international arena, letting the world see the brand values of Taiwan’s enterprises.
This time, applicants of the REBRAND 100® Global Awards are from 40 industries located in 61 countries and CTCI has been able to stand out from many international brands to win this honor. “After being in the industry for 40 years, we realized that CTCI needed to build a stronger brand to increase our ability to compete internationally,” says John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI. “The Awards is yet another recognition of our efforts to fast-track our international growth.”
In 2016, CTCI worked with DDG brand consultancy to explore and transform its brand in pursuit of a more ambitious international growth target. As a part of the effort, CTCI’s 22 subsidiaries were united under a single identity and single brand message that highlights CTCI’s core value, ‘Discover Reliable’. In so doing, CTCI invites clients to discover the most reliable engineering services through business cooperation, while internally, colleagues are encouraged to work together to internalize the “most reliable” brand spirit into its corporate DNA and give meaning to the concept of “reliability”.
Significant international project wins over recent years further cemented CTCI’s position at the forefront of the global EPC industry. CTCI’s work spans across Asia, the Americas, the Middle East, and Europe. Recent project win highlights include Orpic in Oman, Petronas in Malaysia, and JG Summit in the Philippines. These project wins add to CTCI’s long-held track record of providing reliable services. It has also been listed in Engineering-News Record as the top 100 “International Contractors” and “International Design Firms”. The REBRAND 100® Global Awards is another endorsement of CTCI’s determination to build the world's most reliable engineering services and lead the international EPC industry.
- 2018/01CTCI Machinery Corp. Becomes Taiwan's First Pressure Equipment Manufacturer Certified to Both European and American StandardsCTCI Machinery Corp., a member of CTCI Group, recently raised the bar on Taiwan’s industrial quality by obtaining at one stroke from TÜV Rheinland Group of Germany three certifications, namely PED (EU Pressure Equipment Directive), EN 1090 (EU Structural Steel Certification) and ISO 3834 (Welding Quality Management System Certification), and becomes the first pressure equipment and steel structure manufacturer in Taiwan that is simultaneously certified to both European and American standards of manufacturing technology and service capabilities.
Established in 1979 and formerly known as the Kaohsiung Fabrication Shop of CTCI Corp., CTCI Machinery Corp. of CTCI Group offers a full range of equipment for plant construction needs with its specialized technical and management services. Its clients include major corporations such as CPC Corp., Formosa Plastics, Taipower and China Steel Corp. CTCI Machinery Corp. provides services in the production and installation of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, condensers, furnaces, large storage tanks, boilers, etc. The company has received delegating authority from ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) of Nuclear Component Certification (N, NPT, NA, NS), general pressure vessels, and the certification marks on boilers and power piping (U, U2, S, PP), along with the “R” stamp issued by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector.
TÜV Rheinland Group, a global provider of certification and technical services, provides inspection, testing, certification and auditing services in industrial service sectors such as oil and gas, chemical and petrochemicals, energy and power, construction and process industries. With the newly acquired three certifications, CTCI Machinery Corp. becomes the first manufacturer in Taiwan certified to both European and American standards. Whether it is dealing with the underwater foundation structures of offshore wind turbines in Taiwan or exporting pressure equipment abroad, CTCI Machinery Corp. provides the most reliable, professional services both at home and abroad with top-notch quality and highest value.