Awards & Certifications
- 2017/10CTCI Group Won Numerous 2017 Taiwan Welding Society AwardsThe CTCI Group won numerous Taiwan Welding Society Awards, and the award ceremony was held during the October 27 general member assembly. The following are the introductions of our award-winning colleagues:
‧ CTCI Assistant Chief Engineer Chang Zong-Lin won the "Outstanding Welding Engineer Award"
Assistant Chief Engineer Chang Zong-Lin has been working at CTCI for over 20 years, and has numerous professional welding-related licenses, including AWS SCWI and non-destructive testing technician of RT, PT, MT, and VT Level Ⅱ. During his tenure at CTCI, he has participated in many large-scale projects. Mr. Chang has also participated in improving welding technology for special materials for domestic and overseas projects, such as 9% nickel steel for cryogenic storage tanks, low-alloy high-strength steel for ultra-supercritical pressure power boiler, and automatic welding process technology application and development. He has been invited to be a welding inspector and professional training course lecturer for TWS, welding engineer potential lecturer for TWS/JWES (Japan Welding Engineering Society), and CTCI’s welding lecturer of employee training courses. Chang Zong-Lin has contributed significantly to engineering design, construction, and welding technology, as well as passing down of knowledge in these fields.
‧ CTCI Machinery Corporation welder Wang Kuan-Min won the "Outstanding Welder Award"
Wang Kuan-Min is an outstanding welder at CTCI Group’s CTCI Machinery Corporation. Mr. Wang has over 22 years of welding experience with special alloys such as titanium, zirconium, aluminum, nickel, and copper, as well as having obtained many domestic and international welding certifications and licenses. He has participated in numerous large and important CTCI Group projects, and his welding quality has won the recognition of both domestic and international customers.
- 2017/10CTCI Group Second Vice Chairman Andy Sheu Honored with the CIE-USA Centennial MedalCTCI Group Second Vice Chairman Andy Sheu has made outstanding contributions to the oil and petrochemical engineering field over the years, and won the Chinese Institute of Engineers-USA (CIE-USA) Centennial Medal honor. The medal presentation ceremony was held with the centennial celebration on October 14 at the Palisades Premier conference center in New York.
The CIE-USA was founded on December 25, 1917 and is one of the oldest Chinese professional organizations and trade unions in the U.S. Its mission is to promote science, engineering, and technological development that covers civil, mechanical, electrical, computer science, biomedicine, renewable energy, and other engineering fields in the various areas of the U.S. as well as support Chinese-Americans to become national-class professional scholars. One of its early leaders includes the renowned railway engineer Tianyou Zhan. The CIE-USA has held numerous important events in recent years, such as the Asian American Engineer of the Year (AAEOY) award, the Modern Engineering and Technology Seminar (METS), and the Sino-American Technology and Engineering Conference (SATEC) in order to promote and recognize individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the science and engineering fields. The Centennial Medal honor won by Group Second Vice Chairman Andy Sheu is considered a special honor for the CTCI Group.
- 2017/09CTCI’s Achievement in Photovoltaic Systems Highly Recognized
GDDC Honored with the Outstanding Enterprises and Enterprise Initiators of 18th Golden Peak AwardsG.D. Development Corporation (GDDC), a subsidiary of the global engineering services provider CTCI, has long been dedicated to photovoltaics development; the efforts have been recognized with the Golden Peak Awards for the outstanding enterprises and enterprise initiators. The award ceremony was held at the Convention Center of CPC Building on Sep. 22th. GDDC President B. J. Liang accepted the award on behalf of the company.
Established in 2011, GDDC has completed dozens of photovoltaic plant development, investment, operation & maintenance projects. In addition to optimizing Taiwan’s environment for photovoltaic systems, GDDC has utilized this successful experience to develop US market and held entire ownership and managerial authority of the Lumberton Photovoltaic Power Plant located in the state of New Jersey, U.S.A.
The Golden Peak Awards, authenticated by Outstanding Enterprise Manager Association(OEMA), has 18 years of history and are set as ways to support technical innovation and cultivate international competition. The OEMA expected GDDC to keep mastering the economic pulse, implement technological innovation and move toward globalization. GDDC promised that it will be committed to the development of a sustainable low carbon and strengthen energy management.
- 2017/09CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for Three Years in a RowRobecoSAM announced the results of 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components on September 7th. CTCI has once again been selected in the Emerging Markets index for three years in a row, and is the only enterprise selected in Taiwan’s Engineering & Construction industry.
The DJSI compares a company’s performance to those of its peers, in order to identify best practices across the economic, social and environmental dimensions of corporate sustainable development, including Corporate Governance, Risk & Crisis Management, Supply Chain Management, Climate Strategy, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, Materiality, Occupational Health and Safety, etc. Special question items are designed for different industries as well. This year, CTCI scores exceptionally well, apart from improving itself to the sixth place in the Engineering & Construction category, CTCI scores the highest in the Engineering & Construction industry in the Economic Dimension in the percentile ranking. Moreover, CTCI is highly recognized for performances in Non-financial Project Evaluation, Supply Chain Management, Climate Strategy, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Environmental Reporting, Social Reporting, as well as Occupational Health and Safety. This year, CTCI once again delivers world-class performance in three major aspects of corporate governance, environmental sustainability, and social responsibility fulfillment.
In recent years, CTCI’s CSR practice is widely recognized by various quarters; not only has it been continuously evaluated as Top 5% for listed companies’ information transparency in the Corporate Governance Evaluation System conducted by Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation and Taipei Exchange; in 2016, CTCI once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine. With excellent performance in corporate sustainability, CTCI was also recognized with various achievements in 2016 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including “Sustainable Corporate Award,” gold medal for “Corporate Sustainability Report Award,” “Transparency and Integrity Award,” and “Growth through Innovation Award”. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu has been honored as the “Outstanding Corporate Sustainability Professional” as well.
- 2017/08CTCI Corporation Moves Upward in Several Rankings of 2017 ENR MagazineThe rankings of 2017 Engineering News-Record magazine (ENR) had been released. CTCI Corporation has once again performed remarkably and moved itself upwards in the rankings of international contractors, global contractors, international design firms and global design firms. Among the items, CTCI Corporation is even placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors.
ENR, a prestigious international magazine, conducts its surveys for engineering companies annually. ENR rankings have strong credibility and are important indexes for international engineering industry. ENR rankings have two main categories which are design firms and contractors based on company’s annual sales revenues. Among the ENR rankings, companies in the "International" list are ranked on the basis of overseas revenues, whereas companies in the "Global" list are ranked according to their total revenues regardless of where the project is located. In recent years, CTCI Corporation constantly makes efforts on growth and successfully expands the international markets by enhancing the technical level, profitability, and international visibility. Therefore, CTCI Corporation continues to jump in rankings among international engineering companies.
- 2017/08Incineration Plants Operated and Managed by CTCI Honored with the Excellence Awards in EPA 2016-2017 Annual AppraisalTo ensure the operation and quality of incineration plants, Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Executive Yuan implements the appraisal for incineration plants every year. SESC Miaoli Plant, Wujih Plant, Houli Plant, Keelung Plant, and Hsientien Plant Honored with the Excellence Award, of which Wujih Plant won Energy Saving Technology Award for the first time. The award ceremony was held on July 11th .
Miaoli Plant, having been awarded five years successively, deals with 170,000 metric tons of garbage and waste every year and generates 94,000 MWh of energy which could supply 24,000 household with electricity throughout the year. Also, the plant commits to lower greenhouse gases and reduces 64,00 metric tons of carbon emission annually.
In terms of community development, colleagues of Miaoli Plant, the major environmental education site built by FEC, adopted the neighboring beach and invited coworkers as well as local people for cleaning. In the meantime, the plant also was turned into an environmental classroom where the enthusiastic volunteers offered guided tours. As of this July, the cumulative number of participants has reached 1,126 people.
Houli and Wujih Plant, taking an absolute lead in the performance among the 24 incineration plants in Taiwan, cooperatively process 580,000 metric tons of garbage and waste annually, generate 350,000 MWh of energy which could supply 98,000 household electricity during one year. According to the EPA evaluation results, the average system running rate of Houli and Wujih Plant are 92.22% and 90.87% respectively. In the matter of selling electricity rate, Houli Plant is 82.83% while Wujih Plant is 80.36%.
It is worth mentioning that Wujih Plant, improving power generating efficiency remarkably to sell an additional 5,900 MWh of energy per year, honored with the Energy Saving Technology Award in the annual appraisal.
Furthermore, Keelung Plant gained full marks in the pollution abatement and occupational safety in this evaluation. The committee also praised the good operating performances for waste control and the certification of environmental education site at Keelung and Hsientien Plant . The plant has also been actively involved in good-neighbor activities to enhance public awareness of environmental protection and neighborhood caring.
Criteria of the nationwide annual evaluations for incineration plants include operating performance, garbage and waste landing inspection, incineration plant slag, and stabilized fly ash control, all of which are conducted on site randomly. This award confirms the long-term commitment and performance of group resource cycling business of CTCI. In the days to comes, CTCI will continuously commit to environmental protection, pollution prevention, energy saving, carbon reduction, technical upgrading, and contributing to the community.
- 2017/08CTCI Corp. and KD Holding Listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine in 2017The CommonWealth Magazine announced the winning enterprises of 2017 Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility. This year, CTCI Corporation’s ranking in the category of “large enterprise” ascends to the 22nd from the 28th in 2016, 6 places ahead; KD Holding continues to rank the 3rd in the category of “mid-size enterprise”. The award ceremony will be held on August 25th.
CTCI has been continuously honored with the award for several years and scores high in the aspects of “Corporate Governance”, “Corporate Commitment”, “Social Engagement”, and “Environmental Protection” this time. On top of carrying on stable growth with determination and sustainable operations, CTCI implements green engineering technology to provide its clients with cost-effective, eco-friendly energy-saving solutions to innovate and enhance its green competitiveness in the industry, while also encouraging subcontractors to engage in environmental practices. It is a sincere hope of CTCI to exert its influence to the value supply chain and thus reduce pollutions and risks that may cause harms to human being and environments, making great efforts to preserve the eco-environment.
With its emphasis on minimizing the air pollution issue for incineration plants, KD Holding once again ranks the 3rd at the list under the category of “mid-size enterprise” this year. With conducts including inviting local residents and students of surrounding areas for on-site visit of incineration plants to advocate energy saving and resource recycling concepts, KD Holding’s performance is well recognized by the judging panel. Winning the prize is a great honor for KD and CTCI Corporation, affirming CTCI’s efforts in fulfilling CSR.
- 2017/06CTCI Honored with 2017 Hexagon Intergraph Smart Materials Excellence Award for Successful Deployment of Intergraph Smart Materials Solutions for Materials ManagementWith years of successful deployment of Intergraph Smart Materials (MARIAN) solutions in its EPC project executions, CTCI is selected as the 2017’s recipient of Smart Materials Excellence Award by Hexagon. The award ceremony was held on June 14th in Hexagon's annual international conference at HxGN Live in Las Vegas as part of the PFC introduction session.
Smart Materials is the materials management solution in EPC industry with the highest market share. Besides the full application for materials data maintenance during project executions, CTCI develops the Intelligence Dashboard and Reports to monitor the materials status in real time. By combining CTCI Cloud technology, Smart Materials in CTCI also supports Multi-Office operation to meet CTCI’s global synergy requirement. In the future, CTCI will continue to utilize new smart technology to serve clients with innovative solutions and realize the vision of being the most reliable global engineering services provider.
- 2017/06CTCI’s Achievement in Photovoltaic Systems Highly Recognized
GDDC of Group Resource Cycling Business Honored with the 4th Top Solar System AwardG. D. Development Corporation (GDDC) of CTCI Group Resource Cycling Business has long been dedicated to Photovoltaics development and the efforts have been recognized with the 4th Top Solar System Award for Kaohsiung MRT Roof-Top PV Power Plant (Daliao Depot-Phase 2) Project. The award ceremony was held at TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall at the Photonics Festival in Taiwan on June 14th. GDDC President B. J. Liang accepted the award on behalf of the company.
Established in 2011, GDDC has engaged itself in long-term cooperation with domestic governments and transportation industries. Having gone through tough development, review, construction, and examination stages, GDDC has completed dozens of Photovoltaic plant development, investment, operation & maintenance projects. In addition to optimizing Taiwan’s environment for photovoltaic systems, GDDC has utilized this successful experience to develop US market and born fruits.
The award is a top honor in photovoltaics industry in Taiwan. With four months of stringent selections and reviews, GDDC stands out from dozens of other competitors to win this great honor. The Kaohsiung MRT Roof-Top PV Power Plant project has acquired the IPP license. Being an equal partner to Taiwan Power Company as a professional power provider, GDDC has won Client’s trust and the recognitions of the reviewers, adding its global market competitivity.
- 2017/06CTCI Honored with Various Awards by Chinese Institute of Engineers in 2017In 2017, CTCI is honored with various awards by Chinese Institute of Engineers (CIE). The award ceremony took place at the 2017 General Assembly of CIE held together with the Engineer’s Day Celebration on June 2, 2017.
‧CTCI Chief Engineer S. W. Chung and Assistant Chief Engineer G. D. Wang Honored with Outstanding Engineer Award
Mr. S. W. Chung has been serving in CTCI for nearly a decade, during which he demonstrated great leadership by delivering extraordinary performance in managing EPC lump sum projects, such as Talin #10 Sulphur Recovery Plant Project and other EPC Lump Sum projects in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. His capability in vertical integration and lateral communication has won him Clients’ trust and several honors from Ministry of Economic Affairs, including Public Construction Golden Quality Award in 2015 and 2016 from Public Construction Commission Executive Yuan in the category of Design and Construction and MOEA Public Construction Quality Award in 2015 and 2016, as well as PMI Taiwan Best Project Practice in Project Management Award, making considerable contributions to project executions and propelling.
Assistant Chief Engineer G. D. Wang has been serving in CTCI Electrical Engineering Dept. for over 20 years. He has participated in electrical design for petrochemical plants, power system basic design and simulation, design, commissioning of large scale power plant system in Taiwan and abroad, and Mass Rapid Transit power supply system. Mr. Wang has led electrical design teams in Taipei MRT Hsin-Chuang Lu-Chou line power supply project, Taipei MRT Xinyi Songshan Line Power Supply project, , Taichung MRT System Wurih-Wunsing-Beitunn Line power supply Project, and Tamhai LRT Phase I Power Supply and Trackwork Project. It is worth mentioning that by raising the plan for traction power supply equipment upgrading, we have lowered our dependence on foreign technologies and significantly enhanced Taiwan’s capability in project planning, hence making a great contribution to MRT power supply field and domestic transportation.
‧CTCI Senior Engineer Jill Li Honored with Excellent Young Engineers Award
Ms. Jill Li has been serving in CTCI for over 8 years and is responsible for geotechnical engineering design, inspection, and supervision for international EPC project. Ms. Li passed Civil Service Exam and is a certified Geotechnical Engineer who is also the recipient of CTCI’s civil engineering award. Apart from continuously advancing her expertise, Ms. Li has published thesis, sharing her work experiences to the academia. Works Ms. Lin participated in include optimization design study of mixing test of the mortar for planted piles, rescue of the sand boil failure of excavation for CW pump pit, and successfully liaising between engineering designing vendors, all of which demonstrated she has been able to reach the set goals during project executions, and won every party’s trust.
- 2017/05CTCI Corporation, Advanced Systems Inc., and KD Holding Corporation Evaluated as Top 5% in the “2016 Corporate Governance Evaluation System”Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx) announced the 2016 Corporate Governance Evaluation Results. This year's evaluation released the full results of TWSE/TPEx listed companies according to the corporate governance roadmap. CTCI Corporation (CTCI Corp.), Advanced Systems Inc. (ASI) and KD Holding Corporation (KD), were evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the TPEx listed companies.
The award ceremony was held on May 23, 2017 at Taipei International Convention Center. Mr. John Lin, Group Chief Vice Chairman, Mr. Ming-Cheng Hsiao, CEO of Group Shared Services, Mr. Hwei-Nan Yih, CEO of Group Intelligent Solutions Business, and Mr. J. J. Liao, CEO of Group Resource Cycling Business, received the awards on behalf of CTCI Corp., ASI and KD, respectively.
The TWSE and TPEx launched “Corporate Governance Evaluation System”, conducted by the Securities and Futures Institute (SFI) to evaluate the performance of corporate governance among listed companies. The evaluation indicators comprise the 5 categories and 103 indicators: protecting shareholder rights and interests, treating shareholders equitably, enhancing board composition and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice.
In 2016, all the entries in the evaluation include 843 TWSE-listed companies and 653 TPEx-listed companies as a whole. The awards demonstrate that CTCI group obeys the laws and regulations and voluntarily enhances mechanism of corporate governance.
- 2017/05Companies of CTCI Group Excel in the 2017 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth MagazineThis year, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released in May. As the outcome indicated, seven member companies of CTCI Group were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises, including CTCI Corporation, KD Holding Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, Sino Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Resources Engineering Inc., and CTCI Advanced Systems Inc. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation not only retained the Top 1 in the contractor sector, but also continued to sustain on Top 100 companies of Top 2000 Enterprises survey for 30 years in row.
The ranking of 2017 Taiwan's Top 2000 Enterprises was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for 2016, a result of the survey conducted by CommonWealth Magazine. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, the total are 2,100 excellent companies.
Tables below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI group in various sectors of the 2017 Top 650 Service Enterprises. CTCI Corporation retained the top 3% in terms of the overall ranking in the 650 service sector and sustained the leader in the contractor sector. Moreover, its rank for profitability in the Top 650 Service Enterprises improved to the 28nd this year. KD Holding Corporation ranked the 250th in the 650 service sector and retained the 8th in the investment holding company sector this year. The other companies of CTCI group were also listed and awarded good ranks this year.
It is highly expected that with continued efforts each member company of CTCI will be thriving year over year to rank at the top of the list.
- 2017/03CCSM Led by CTCI Honored by Malaysia’s Oil & Gas Giant PETRONAS for Outstanding Executions of RAPID Package 1 RFCC Project for Pengerang Integrated ComplexWith exemplary EPCC integration capabilities and on-site HSE performances for RAPID Package 1 RFCC Project (hereafter shortened as P1 Project) as part of the Pengerang Integrated Complex (PIC), CCSM (the consortium of CTCI Corp, Chiyoda Corp, Synerlitz Malaysia Sdn Bhd and MIE Industries Sdn Bhd) led by CTCI has recently been recognized with Best Contractor and Best Area Award for January 2017 in all RAPID Refinery and Cracker projects in the HSSE steering committee meeting and with a certificate of appreciation in Chief Executive Council meeting by the projects’ owner Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), an oil and gas company wholly owned by the Government of Malaysia. Additionally, CCSM also received PETRONAS’ recognition during the ceremony on 21 March 2017 to celebrate the successful installation of the heaviest modularized waste heat boilers that ever landed on Malaysia’s shores recognized by the Malaysia Book of Records. This success could be attributed to CCSM’s innovative and effective strategy, as well as professionalism. The boilers were assembled in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, each weighs about 2,000 tons.
PETRONAS is Malaysia’s largest state-owned oil and gas company and is the custodian for the nation’s oil and gas resources development and appreciation. Located in Pengerang, Southern Johor of Malaysia, PETRONAS’ Pengerang Integrated Complex (PIC) comprises the Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (RAPID) projects and Associated Facilities. Composed by over 40 projects, RAPID is separately contracted by large international EPCC contractors across Europe, the US, and Asia. PETRONAS’ PIC is scheduled to start up in early 2019. As one of the landmark projects worth over US 1 billion, the successful execution of P1 project paves the way for CTCI to execute more large scale international EPCC projects in the days to come.
- 2017/03CINDA, Company of CTCI, Honored with Vishwakarma Award by CIDC of India for Outstanding Construction Health, Safety & Environment PerformanceCINDA Engineering & Construction Pvt. Ltd. (CINDA), a subsidiary company of CTCI in India, has been honored with Vishwakarma Award under the category of Construction Health, Safety & Environment by Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) for outstanding performance of Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package owned by Ramagundam Fertilizer & Chemical Ltd. The award ceremony was held on March 7th at India Habitat Center, Dehli. On behalf of the company, Mr. Tim Lin, Managing Director of CINDA, and Mr. Gary Liu, Marketing & Sales Manager attended the ceremony for award accepting.
The Vishwakarma Award is a national honor held by CIDC which is devoted to attaining and sustaining a qualitative improvement in India’s work, methods, technology levels and standards of construction industry. Since 2008, CINDA has been dedicated itself to developing India market by adopting the high HSE policy standard and implementing such policies with due care. For years, CINDA has come close to learn the local engineering practices, and rapidly established related system and won credits from the industry in India. Along with other major EPCC contractors in India such as EIL (Engineers India Ltd) and L&T (Larson & Toubro), the winning of this important award signifies that CTCI has achieved a milestone in term of internationalization while its localization efforts also bear fruits in India.
- 2017/01CTCI SAMAC MMA/PMMA Project Awarded SABIC Green Flag for Best EHSS Performance Three TimesWith the excellent HSE performance of CTCI SAMAC MMA/PMMA Project, the project team has won three safety green flags consecutively. On behalf of CTCI Group, Deputy CEO M. H. Wang of GEB attended the award ceremony held by SABIC Group. SABIC E&PM EVP Mr. Omar Al-Amoudi praised CTCI for its successful project delivering results, and has urged other project teams to learn from CTCI’s example as a benchmark for EHSS performance.
The owner SAMAC, as a joint venture between SABIC and MRC, conducts quarterly safety audit on all EPC contractors in accordance with the performance rating, where good performance is awarded in the Green Category and the best performance among KSA is awarded with the Green Flag. Until now, quarterly safety audits were conducted 8 times and CTCI has been awarded for Green Category consecutively and has so far won 3 green flags.
SAMAC has been sparing no effort in promoting a safety culture at jobsites, and the requirements on EPC contractors are also strict. CTCI’s continuous awards and outstanding performance has verified the Owner’s full trust and affirmation. While all CTCI project team members are proud of the honor bestowed upon us, we will continue to achieve Owner’s requirements and exceed their expectations in the future by upholding our brand spirit of “Most Reliable”.