Awards & Certifications
- 2019/05Taiwan: Three CTCI Listed Companies Evaluated as Top 5% of the 5th Corporate Governance EvaluationIn the 5th Corporate Governance Evaluation by Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx), three listed companies in CTCI Group (CTCI Corp., CTCI Advanced Systems, ECOVE) finished in the top 5% of the TWSE and TPEx listed categories. In addition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE finished in the top 10% of listed companies in the non-finance and non-electronics industry with a market value of 10 billion TWD or more. ECOVE is the only TPEx listed company to be ranked in this category. The two evaluations above are divided into 7 and 5 levels respectively, with CTCI placing at the highest level in both. The awards ceremony was held on May 28th. Executive Vice President of CTCI, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, the Chairman of CTCI Advanced Systems, Teng-Yaw Yu, and the Chairman of ECOVE, Jun-Jer Liao, were present to accept the awards.
This year's evaluations were mainly carried out using the 172 indicators in 4 major dimensions: protecting shareholders' rights and interests, equal treatment, enhancing board structure and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice. A total of 1,554 companies, including 868 TWSE listed companies and 686 TPEx listed companies, were evaluated. The awards recognize CTCI's efforts in several areas including operational performance, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
As a leader in Taiwan's engineering industry with the "Most Reliable" brand spirit, CTCI continues to improve its corporate governance and strives for sustainable business performance. Through the promotion of "Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice," corporate social responsibility is incorporated into CTCI's business strategy. CTCI’s core professional technologies enable it to provide the world with the best engineering services and improve the competitiveness of domestic industries. This is done without neglecting economic, social, and environmental developments as part of the contribution towards global sustainability. Its outstanding performance has been recognized in several domestic and foreign evaluations, including constituent stocks in DJSI Emerging Markets Index for 4 consecutive years, top 40 constituent stocks for listed companies in the 1st Taiwan Sustainability Index, Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth Magazine, and Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards—Top Ten Domestic Corporate in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- 2019/05Taiwan: CTCI Retained Top 1 in the Contractor Sector in 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth Magazine with Various CTCI Companies ListedThis May, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released. As the outcome indicated, seven CTCI constituent companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises in its respective industry. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation ranks at the top 5% in the Top 650 Service Enterprises list, and has retained Top 1 in the contractor sector. With outstanding business performance, ECOVE Waste Management Corporation ascend the list for the first time.
The ranking released on May 2019 was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for the year 2018. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, and totally there are 2,100 excellent companies. The table below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI in various sectors.
- 2019/04UAE: CTCI/Chiyoda Joint Venture Titanium Sponge Plant Project in Yanbu Recognized as GCC Winner of 2019 MEED Projects Awards in the Industrial Project of the Year CategoryCTCI/Chiyoda Joint Venture Titanium Sponge Plant Project in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia is selected as the GCC winner in the Industrial Project of the Year category of 2019 MEED Projects Awards, in association with Mashreq.
Taking advantage of the owner ATTM’s (Advanced Metal Industries Cluster Company Limited of Saudi Araba/Toho Titanium Co., Ltd. of Japan) state-of-the-art production technology and competitive energy costs in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has become the 7th country to produce titanium sponge in the world after completion of the project in 2017, and the plant is among the most cost-competitive titanium sponge plants in the world.
The Titanium Sponge Plant project was selected as one of the important projects in ”Saudi Vision 2030” which is planned to reduce Saudi Arabia's dependence on oil and expected to contribute for establishment of “Titanium Supply Chain” within Saudi Arabia for economic development.
In spite of facing various and unexpected difficulties, this project was successfully completed within Contract schedule, attaining mechanical completion ahead of schedule on 28 May 2017 and achieving a record of 7 million safe man-hours without any disabling injuries.
In the first round of the competition, the project has been recognized as National Winner of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the category of Industrial Project of the Year of the MEED Project Award. Having been reviewed against other National Winners from across the GCC in the category, the project has been selected as the final winner of the GCC honour of the 2019 MEED Projects Awards on Apr. 24 at Dubai.
The success of the project has established CTCI's reputation and foundation for entering the Middle East's non-ferrous metal industry. Winning this honor has demonstrated CTCI’ capability to meet very stringent quality standards besides able to complete the project on time.
On behalf of CTCI, Chao-Wen Chen, Affiliate Managing Director of CTCI Arabia attended the gala ceremony to accept the GCC Winner award.
- 2019/02Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). With outstanding EPC interface integration and execution as well as onsite HSE management performance, the team successfully created a new safety record for CTCI, accumulating a 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries. To celebrate the achievement, a grand ceremony was held on Feb. 13, and 11 subcontractors with over 50 nationalities totaling 6,000 people share this historical moment. In a shared commitment, everyone is determined to attain the goal of no hurt.
Guests attending the ceremony included Owner ORPIC General Manager Mr. Rami Al Khourzom and Project Manager Mr. Khalifa Al Makhmari, CTCI GEB DCEO Mr. M. H. Wang, Project Director Min Li Lee, Construction Director W. P. Luo, and senior management of McDermott. The total record of a 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries was accumulated during Feb. 26, 2016 to Jan. 26, 2018. At the ceremony, a trophy was conferred to subcontractors, acknowledging their joint efforts to achieve this milestone.
ORPIC, owned by the Government of the Sultanate of Oman, is created to pursue investment opportunities in the energy sector both inside and outside Oman. Located in the Sohar Industrial Port Area 100 km afar from north of Omani capital Muscat, the Project is part of the 4 EPC packages in the Complex and has the largest contract value for building steam cracker and utilities, the most vital part in LPIC Complex. Contractor of the 4 EPCs packages are internationally renowned engineering companies. The plant commissioning is scheduled in 2020.
- 2019/01Taiwan: CTCI REI Certified to ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems & ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management SystemsCTCI REI has recently been certified to both ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems as well as ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems. The award ceremony has been held on Jan. 16, for which CTCI REI Chairman Guo-An Wu and President Din-Go Ku attended to accept the certificates. The certification of these two international standards demonstrates that CTCI has geared itself to the international conventions, dedicating itself to enhancing occupational HSE performance and reducing all related risks.
ISO 45001 is the world’s first Occupational Health and Safety Management System, which helps enterprises to construct a safer, healthier and more sustainable workplace by means of risk identification, constant improvement, and strengthening compliance with current legislation. ISO14001, on the other hand, is a world-renowned environmental management system, whose aim is to ensure businesses to attend to environmental protection while developing, hence contributing to sustainability worldwide.
CTCI REI has been staying committed to employees, clients, and suppliers, continuously bettering engineering quality and HSE management practice and establishing comprehensive standard operating procedures for project executions in line with international standards. Such performance has won it various honors in 2018, including Public Construction Golden Quality Award—for project management and supervision, Excellent Underground Pipeline Engineering Award" of the Chinese Taipei Society for Trenchless Technology, OSH award for excellence in public construction project by Ministry of Labor, and OSH award--Excellent project by New Taipei City Government. In the days to come, CTCI REI will continue to stay true to CTCI’s brand spirit of being the Most Reliable, promote quality/safety first HSE commitment, and create a safer, healthier workplace, hence building a business model for sustainable operations.