Awards & Certifications
- 2018/05CTCI Retained Top 1 in the Contractor Sector in 2018 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth Magazine with Various CTCI Companies ListedThis May, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released. As the outcome indicated, 6 member companies of CTCI, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, and CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation continues to retain at the top 3% in the Top 650 Service Enterprises list, while its ranking for profitability is now improved to the 22nd place, and it has retained Top 1 in the contractor sector. Several CTCI constituent companies also increase rankings in the Top 650 Service Enterprises survey and in its respective industry.
The ranking released on May this year was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for the year 2017. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, and totally there are 2,100 excellent companies. Tables below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI in various sectors.
- 2018/04CTCI Is One of the Leading Corporations Certified to ISO 45001:2018 in Global Engineering IndustryThe Taiwan-based international EPC contractor CTCI continually improves occupational health and safety performance in the workplace and is recently certified to the first international occupational health and safety management system standard published by International Standard Organization, ISO 45001:2018. The certification shows its commitment to follow the trend of the international standard and build an even healthier and safer working environment, realizing the vision of becoming the most reliable global engineering services provider.
In the certification ceremony of ISO 45001:2018 on April 12, the CEO of CTCI Group Shared Services, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, stated: “CTCI takes the lead in being certified to ISO Occupational Health and Safety Standard in global engineering industry and this is the result of our teamwork; it also shows that CTCI actively takes the responsibility of HSE management and continues to surpass ourselves”. The Senior General Manager of HSE Management Department, Daniel Ting was also invited to give a speech on “How CTCI becomes a leader in building OHS management connected to global networks” in the ceremony to share CTCI’s experience in the transition to the OHS management system.
ISO 45001:2018 is the latest international standard that published on March 12, 2018 and developed by experts from more than 70 countries. It is expected that ISO 45001:2018 will take the place of the broadly implemented OHSAS 18001 to facilitate corporations to continually improve their OHS performance in the workplace. CTCI, with nearly 4 decades of development in the global EPC lump sum contracting markets, sets a model for sustainable operations in the industry with the HSE policy of “Insist on Safety as the First Priority”. Besides being evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the Taipei Exchange (TPEx) listed companies in the Corporate Governance Evaluation for years, CTCI has been selected for Emerging Markets Index membership for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan for 3 consecutive years, and placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors by Engineering News-Record magazine. In 2018, CTCI wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for successful brand transformation.
- 2018/03CINDA, Subsidiary Company of CTCI, Honored with Vishwakarma Award by Construction Industry Development Council of India for Outstanding Construction Health, Safety & Environment and Green PerformanceThe project of RFCL (Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.) - Civil Work for U&O Package and PLL (Petronet LNG Limited) - Dahej Project contracted by CINDA, a subsidiary company of CTCI, has won the Vishwakarma Award in the category of Achievement Award for Construction Health, Safety & Environment and Green Performance by Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC). The award ceremony was held at India Habitat Center, Dehli on March 7. On behalf of the company, Mr. Tim Lin, Managing Director of CINDA, and Mr. Stellan Yang, Marketing & Sales Manager attended the ceremony for award accepting.
The Vishwakarma Award is a national honor held by CIDC which is devoted to attaining and sustaining a qualitative improvement in India’s work, methods, technology levels and standards of construction industry. Since 2008, CINDA has been dedicated itself to developing India market by adopting the high HSE policy standard and implementing such policies with due care. For years, CINDA has come close to learn the local engineering practices, and rapidly established related system and won credits from the industry in India. Along with other key players in India such as EIL (Engineers India Ltd) and L&T (Larson & Toubro), the winning of this important award signifies that its localization efforts has borne fruits in India. In the days to come, CINDA will continue to deliver the most reliable project execution practice and committed to providing green engineering services for India’s future development and ecological sustainability.
--Achievement Award for Construction Health, Safety & Environment
RFCL (Ramagundam Fertilizer & Chemical Ltd.) Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package
PLL (Petronet LNG Limited) - Dahej LNG Expansion Regasification Facilities Phase IIIB1 Project
--Green Performance Award
RFCL Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package
- 2018/03GDDC, Turned Kaohsiung Harbor Area into Photovoltaic Power Facility, Honored with “Golden Boat Award” from Taiwan International Ports CorporationG.D. Development Corporation (GDDC), a subsidiary of industry-leading resource cycling services provider ECOVE, has completed an initiative in Taiwan of constructing a 5,980MWh photovoltaic power facility in Kaohsiung Harbor. GDDC's efforts have been recognized with the “Golden Boat Award- Special Contribution Award” for increasing revenue to Taiwan International Ports Corporation and activate the existing constructions in the harbor.
Cooperated with the National Renewable Energy and Green Port Policy, GDDC obtained the right to construct photovoltaic power facilities in Kaohsiung Harbor through public bidding in 2015. Up to now, GDDC has completed a total capacity of 4.6MW harbor photovoltaic power facility which can generate about 5,980MWh green power and cut down 3,170 metric tons of carbon emission annually. In 2018, the third phase of the parallel operation and additional 1.5MW photovoltaic power facility will be accomplished.
The Golden Boat Award is organized by Taiwan International Ports Corporation and is mainly awarded to outstanding enterprises which improved the management and operation of Kaohsiung Harbor; GDDC is the only awarded company in the solar photovoltaic industry.
In the next few years, GDDC will actively comply with national policies to perform a 20GW solar photovoltaic project and strive for investment opportunities in roof, ground and water fields. In addition, GDDC will cooperate with Gintech Energy Corporation which has extensive experience in the investment and operation of solar power plants in Taiwan and USA markets to look for opportunities in solar photovoltaic projects around the world.
- 2018/03CTCI Wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for Successful Brand TransformationTaipei, TAIWAN — March 2018, CTCI, Taiwan’s largest EPC contractor, wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards, the highest recognition for excellence in brand repositioning. More than 27 countries are represented among this year’s winners, including Hewlett Packard Enterprise (USA), Siemens (Germany), and ABB (Switzerland). This important award enables CTCI to gain publicity in the international arena, letting the world see the brand values of Taiwan’s enterprises.
This time, applicants of the REBRAND 100® Global Awards are from 40 industries located in 61 countries and CTCI has been able to stand out from many international brands to win this honor. “After being in the industry for 40 years, we realized that CTCI needed to build a stronger brand to increase our ability to compete internationally,” says John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI. “The Awards is yet another recognition of our efforts to fast-track our international growth.”
In 2016, CTCI worked with DDG brand consultancy to explore and transform its brand in pursuit of a more ambitious international growth target. As a part of the effort, CTCI’s 22 subsidiaries were united under a single identity and single brand message that highlights CTCI’s core value, ‘Discover Reliable’. In so doing, CTCI invites clients to discover the most reliable engineering services through business cooperation, while internally, colleagues are encouraged to work together to internalize the “most reliable” brand spirit into its corporate DNA and give meaning to the concept of “reliability”.
Significant international project wins over recent years further cemented CTCI’s position at the forefront of the global EPC industry. CTCI’s work spans across Asia, the Americas, the Middle East, and Europe. Recent project win highlights include Orpic in Oman, Petronas in Malaysia, and JG Summit in the Philippines. These project wins add to CTCI’s long-held track record of providing reliable services. It has also been listed in Engineering-News Record as the top 100 “International Contractors” and “International Design Firms”. The REBRAND 100® Global Awards is another endorsement of CTCI’s determination to build the world's most reliable engineering services and lead the international EPC industry.
- 2018/01CTCI Machinery Corp. Becomes Taiwan's First Pressure Equipment Manufacturer Certified to Both European and American StandardsCTCI Machinery Corp., a member of CTCI Group, recently raised the bar on Taiwan’s industrial quality by obtaining at one stroke from TÜV Rheinland Group of Germany three certifications, namely PED (EU Pressure Equipment Directive), EN 1090 (EU Structural Steel Certification) and ISO 3834 (Welding Quality Management System Certification), and becomes the first pressure equipment and steel structure manufacturer in Taiwan that is simultaneously certified to both European and American standards of manufacturing technology and service capabilities.
Established in 1979 and formerly known as the Kaohsiung Fabrication Shop of CTCI Corp., CTCI Machinery Corp. of CTCI Group offers a full range of equipment for plant construction needs with its specialized technical and management services. Its clients include major corporations such as CPC Corp., Formosa Plastics, Taipower and China Steel Corp. CTCI Machinery Corp. provides services in the production and installation of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, condensers, furnaces, large storage tanks, boilers, etc. The company has received delegating authority from ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) of Nuclear Component Certification (N, NPT, NA, NS), general pressure vessels, and the certification marks on boilers and power piping (U, U2, S, PP), along with the “R” stamp issued by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector.
TÜV Rheinland Group, a global provider of certification and technical services, provides inspection, testing, certification and auditing services in industrial service sectors such as oil and gas, chemical and petrochemicals, energy and power, construction and process industries. With the newly acquired three certifications, CTCI Machinery Corp. becomes the first manufacturer in Taiwan certified to both European and American standards. Whether it is dealing with the underwater foundation structures of offshore wind turbines in Taiwan or exporting pressure equipment abroad, CTCI Machinery Corp. provides the most reliable, professional services both at home and abroad with top-notch quality and highest value.