- 2015/12CTCI Awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by CPC for Participation in “CPC Winter Charity Auction”CTCI has been continuously caring about the disadvantaged with real actions. In response to the activity of “CPC Winter Charity Auction”, CTCI bought an oil painting and participated in the appreciation tea party held by CPC Corporation at the Circular Hall of its Headquarters on Dec. 25th, 2015. During the party, Mr. Kuao-Yuan Chang, Senior General Manager of Hydrocarbon Business Operations, received the Certificate of Appreciate on behalf of the company.
CTCI has been participating in this winter charity auction for a consecutive of 3 years which was held by CPC to express the social care by CPC ant its contractors by inviting the enterprises and social welfare groups to take part in this activity. Taking this opportunity, CTCI has fulfilled its corporate society responsibilities and contributed to social stability. (HBO M&S I)
- 2015/12CTCI Associate Chief Engineer Huang Yu-Chih Honored with Outstanding Electrical Engineer Award by The Chinese Institute of Electrical EngineeringCTCI Associate Chief Engineer Huang Yu-Chih was recognized by the Chinese Institute of Electrical Engineering with Outstanding Electrical Engineer Award. The award ceremony was held on 25 December 2015 at National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences with Vice President Wu Den-Yih attending the ceremony as award presenter.
Mr. Huang Yu-Chih, Associate Chief Engineer of CTCI, has been serving in the company for 15 years. During Mr. Huang’s career, he was able to absorb expertise of electrical engineering in various fields, integrated his work experiences for plant engineering design and commissioning both at home and abroad, and applied which to petrochemical and power plants projects. With many of his first attempts to initiate such works both in Taiwan and overseas, he has helped to lead project teams to materialize the goal of localizing engineering design and commissioning technologies. Thus, we no longer have to rely on overseas vendors for power supply and commissioning technologies of power plants and can now complete them independently. For this reason, Mr. Huang has contributed greatly to enhance the competitiveness of the domestic industry and the professional image of CTCI.
(Brand Management Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/12GDDC Solar Power Plant Project Awarded Photovoltaic Intelligent Building Certificate (Silver Level) from Kaohsiung City GovernmentG.D. Development Corporation (GDDC) invested to build solar power plant of THSRC Yenchao depot and KRTC Daliao depot awarded to Photovoltaic Intelligent Building Certificate (sliver level) from Kaohsiung City Government. B.J. Liang, GDDC’s President, represented the company to accept the award from Mayor Chen Chu at the awards ceremony held on Dec.18th 2015 at Kaohsiung City Council.
GDDC is a pioneer to cooperate with KRTC and THSRC to build up the rooftop type utility grade solar power plant on the top of mass transit system buildings. It would achieve the benefits of energy conservation and carbon emissions reductions, and at the same time, contributing to the synergistic effect for the development of green energy among Kaohsiung City government, THSRC,KRTC and GDDC.GDDC will continue the development of a sustainable low carbon future and strengthen energy management.
- 2015/12CTCI Honored with BSI 2015 Green Enterprise AwardWith the determination and actions in carrying out sustainable development and fulfilling corporate social responsibilities, CTCI has been awarded 2015 Green Enterprise Award by BSI following the earlier Sustainable Corporate Governance Fulfillment Award and CSR Excellent Model Award. The award ceremony was held on December 23, 2015 at the Environmental Sustainability Standard annual conference by BSI and Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE). On behalf of the company, SVP Andrew Tsai of the Administration & PR Division accepted the award from Eugene Chien, Chairman of TAISE.
CTCI has been valuing green business management in its internal practice for energy saving while also introducing environmental friendly engineering technologies to provide clients with green engineering solutions that are cost-efficient to enable sustainable operations right from the engineering design stage to the decommissioning with a life cycle perspective. By so doing, we hope to innovate and enhance its green competitiveness of the industry and lead suppliers in the upper and lower stream to build a supply chain focusing on sustainability, and hence show our care to the environment with real actions.
(Brand Management Department, CTCI)
- 2015/12CTCI and MC/MHPS Consortium Awarded Taichung Power Plant Unit 1 to 4 AQCS Retrofit Project by TPCCTCI and MC/MHPS consortium has been awarded Taichung Power Plant Unit 1 to 4 AQCS Retrofit Project by Taiwan Power Company (TPC). The Notice of Award was issued by TPC on Dec. 30, 2015. This project will be executed through internal consortium while the contract award demonstrated CTCI’s technological capability in Air Quality Control System (AQCS) for beating Japanese and Korean competitors.
The Taichung Power Plant is the most important base load power plant of its kind in Taiwan. The project aims to improve emission quality, and reduce air polluting emissions. Scope of this project includes: retrofit of electrostatic precipitator, FGD scrubber & burners of boiler, and others. Scheduled to be completed within 41 months by late November in 2019, it will contribute to the benefits of reduced emissions of particulate pollutants, SOx and NOx by 61 tonnes/year (3.3%), 503 tonnes/year (3.2%), and 2,154 tonnes/year (9.9%) respectively. Once completed, the discharge concentration will stay at <15 mg/Nm3, <50 ppm, and <65 ppm, these discharge not only conform to the current emission standard, but will meet the more stringent ones scheduled to be enforced -- below 20 mg/Nm3, 60 ppm and 70 ppm-- by the year 2021, making a positive contribution to improve air quality.
- 2015/12SESC Pei-Yu,Lin Honored with the Excellent HSE Personnel Award from Ministry of LaborFollowing the recognition of the 2014 Taipei Labor Safety Award ,SESC Assistant Manager Pei-Yu,Lin once again won the Excellent HSE Personnel Award from Ministry of Labor under the keen competition. The award ceremony was held on 1 December 2015 at Taipei City Hall. Taipei City Mayor Wen-Che,Ko presented the honor roll certificates to the award winners to praise their performances and contribution to HSE management.
- 2015/12SESC Tainan Plant Honored with the Award of Outstanding Environmental Protection UnitsSESC Tainan Plant was honored with the award of 2015 Outstanding Environmental Protection Units from Tainan government. The award ceremony was held on 11 December 2015 at Evergreen Plaza Hotel (Tainan). SESC president Hsiu-Hua,Tiao represented SESC to accept this glory from EPA Air Quality Maintain and Noise Control Department director Hsien-Heng,Chen.
SESC adopts Tainan incineration plant air quality purification area, sets up reclaimed water irrigation system and ecological conservation zone for environmental greening and education purposes. In the days to come, SESC will keep promoting green energy and reducing carbon dioxide emissions. (SESC)
- 2015/12CTCI 2015 Academic Scholarship Granted to Outstanding University StudentsCTCI Corporation has established a scholarship to encourage and support excellent achievement of students devoted to pursuing higher education in engineering related departments in Taiwan since 2011. The “CTCI 2015 Academic Scholarship” has been granted to twelve students. The award ceremony was held on December 19, 2015 at CTCI Headquarters. The ceremony was presided over by President Michael Yang. School faculty of the students granted the scholarship were invited to make remarks, including Professor Da-Ming Wang, Chairperson of Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University (NTU), Professor, Shang-Hsien Hsieh and Professor Wen-Jeng Liaw of Department of Civil Engineering, NTU, as well as Professor Yian Tai of Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. During the ceremony, Ruo-Tong Lin, who was granted the scholarship when it was established and has been serveing in CTCI as a process engineer for 3 years also shared her work experience. A tea session was held for the awarded students to further exchange ideas with CTCI management team and the professors at the ceremony.
List of CTCI 2015 Academic Scholarship Winners
Department of Civil Engineering
Xiao-Qing Xu, National Taiwan University
Jia-Xin Zhan, National Taiwan University
Bo-Qing Li, National Taiwan University
Yi-Xuan Huang, National Cheng Kung University
Department of Chemical Engineering
Han-Zhang Qiu, National Taiwan University
Kai-Yu Huang, National Taiwan University
Xin-Hong Zhou, National Cheng Kung University
Chang-Zhi Chen, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering
Shang-Wei Chen, National Taiwan University
Zheng-Wei Hong, National Cheng Kung University
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Jing-Hao Xie, National Cheng Kung University
Xin-Lun Liu, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
(Human Resources Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/12CTCI Won the 15th Public Construction Golden Quality Award for CPC Talin Flare Gas Recovery System (FGRS) ProjectFollowing the recognition of 2015 MOEA Public Construction Excellent Quality Award, CPC Talin FGRS EPC Project contracted by CTCI won “The 15th Public Construction Golden Quality Award” of Public Construction Commission (PCC), Executive Yuan. The award ceremony was held at Taiwan CPC Corporation Headquarters on December 9, 2015. On behalf of CTCI, President Michael Yang and Vice President Simon Liao of HBO Project Division I accepted the design and construction awards respectively from the Minister of PCC, Mr. Xu Jun-Yi.
The major reason for CTCI to win the prize is the provision of facilities conforming to EPA regulations with optimum designs for energy saving, e.g. the application of high performance proprietary equipment Hijector for compression units, the first use of seal drum to prevent flare gas counter-flow, the application of sour water circulation loop to reduce the effluent of waste water, the simulation of ProMax software to reduce 20% of amine liquid, the simulation of Dynsim software to achieve near zero emission of waste gas, etc. Again, the award not only recognizes CTCI’s abilities and plentiful experiences of undertaking EPC projects worldwide, but proves that CTCI’s accomplishment in the field of professional consultation has received affirmation and highly appraised by Taiwanese government.
(CTCI HBO Project Division I)
- 2015/11CTCI and CB&I Joint Venture Selected as Contractor for ORPIC Liwa Plastic Industrial Complex -- Steam Cracker and U&O PackageJoint Venture of CTCI Corporation (CTCI) and CB&I has received a notice of intention to award from Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (Orpic) an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (“EPC”) contract for 880 KTA steam cracker and associated utilities package, which is approximately USD$2.8 billion. This is the first project CTCI undertakes in Oman. It is another mega project awarded to CTCI after it successfully contracted Petronas’ refinery plant project in 2014.
This project is located at Sohar port, which is 100km north from Muscat, the capital of Sultanate of Oman. This project is the biggest and the most important core package of Liwa Plastics Industrial Complex (LPIC). With the investment of LPIC, Oman will expand its petrochemical project to further downstream sectors, and achieve the goal of developing high-value-added petrochemical products. The joint venture of CTCI and CB&I won the mega petrochemical plant project by demonstrating their respective core competiveness. Once again, the awarding of the project proves CTCI’s outstanding engineering track records and abilities to execute international projects. Moreover, it also marks a milestone for Taiwanese enterprise winning a great battle in the international engineering markets.
(Investment Relation Office, CTCI)
- 2015/11CTCI Awarded 2015 Information Security Management Prize from BSICTCI implemented Information Security Management System to enhance information security and has passed the verification of BSI ISO 27001:2013 with zero nonconformity for the last two years. Considered as a model in information security management, CTCI was awarded 2015 Information Security Management Prize from BSI in its annual meeting on 25th November 2015. On behalf of the company, Mr. Chang-Chi Chen from CTCI IT Division accepted this award of honor from Mr. Peter Pu, Managing Director of BSI Taiwan.
Considering that the future development of smart city will be .centered on a digital business model, the complexity of hidden threat caused by internet security breach or the risk of information security violation are in an unforeseeable high level whether for the enterprise’s IoT, electronic payment, Financial Technology (FinTech), Industry 4.0 or 3C products for consumers. Hence,. CTCI has implemented information security management system since 2014. This award shows the international recognition towards CTCI Corporaton. As a company recognized with outstanding risk management performance, CTCI will continuously make great efforts to build up a safe environment for information management.
- 2015/11CTCI Assistant Chief Engineer Kuo-Fu Chuang Received the 2014 Chemical Engineering Technology Award from the Taiwan Institute of Chemical EngineeringCTCI Assistant Chief Engineer Kuo-Fu Chuang received the 2014 Chemical Engineering Technology Award from the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineering (TWICHE). The award ceremony took place on Nov. 5, 2015 at the General Meeting for the 62nd Anniversary of TWICHE.
Assistant Chief Engineer Kuo-Fu Chuang has been serving in CTCI Corporation for 22 years. As an Authorized Engineer, Mr. Chuang combines his expertise in process technology and safety engineering design in petrochemical plants to make a contribution to the upgrading of related applications. Major projects Mr. Chuang participated domestically and overseas include FPCC Refinery Complex Project, CPC No.6 Naphtha Cracker Project, CPC Talin No.10 Diesel HDS Project and EO/EG Project by Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co., all with extraordinary performance. Furthermore, many of the projects were even recognized with the honor of Best Project Awards by CTCI. With rich experience in process technology, Mr. Chuang spares no efforts to pass down technologies and cultivate juniors, and has been granted twice with CTCI Excellent Teacher Awards. For years, he has also been serving as lecturer for training courses hosted by TWICHE. Based on actual achievements, Mr. Chuang is well deserved for this honor bestowed upon him. (Administration & General Services Department, CTCI)
- 2015/11SESC Tainan Science Park Resource Recycling Center and Xindian Plant Honored with ROC Enterprise Environmental Protection Silver and Bronze Medal from Environmental Protection Administration, Executive YuanSESC Tainan Science Park Resource Recycling Center and Xindian Plant were honored with the 24th ROC Enterprise Environmental Protection silver and bronze medal. The award ceremony was held on 4 November 2015 at Taipei Hero House. Shu-Chiang Fu, the deputy administrator of Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan, presented the honor roll certificates and medals to the award winners. The award is the highest environmental protection accolade to enterprises, and there are 31 units winning the award this year. In the days to come, SESC will keep promoting environmental protection and fulfilling corporate social responsibility to fight for honors. (SESC)
- 2015/11CTCI and KD Holding Recognized by the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy with Various Honors of 2015 Corporate Sustainability Report AwardThe final result for winners of 2015 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards held by Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) was recently announced. CTCI and KD Holding are recognized by TAISE with “Silver Award” and “Bronze Award” of services industry respectively under the Taiwan Top 50 Corporate Sustainability Report Award. CTCI is also granted the honors of “Transparency and Integrity Awards” and “Growth through Innovation Awards”. The award ceremony was held at GIS MOTC Convention Center on 24 Nov 2015. On behalf of CTCI, Senior Vice President M. C. Hsiao of Executive Management Office received the awards from Vice President of R.O.C. Wu Den-Yih.
Since 2008, CTCI has been publishing Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR Report) and this is the eighth time it has received the award from TAISE. Aside from being recognized in the aspects of Operation and Governance, Social Welfare Involvement, and Environmental Protection, CTCI is also well acclaimed for its transparent, professional and robust corporate governance. Additionally, through innovative thinking, CTCI developed new 3D/4D technology and promoted it to overseas, thereby fostered industry upgrading, and contributed greatly to domestic fundamental engineering technologies. Also, under the synergistic planning of the Group for CSR promotion, KD Holding passed the third party verification for its CSR Report firstly published this year. The fact that CTCI Group wins the awards demonstrates that its efforts for sustainable growth and information disclosure are recognized greatly. In the future, the Group will continue to make a contribution and feedback to the society with the full strength of the enterprise.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/10CTCI Assistant Chief Engineer Wang Jia-Xing and Xu Bang-Kai, Welder Forman of CTCI Machinery, Honored with 2015 “Outstanding Contribution Award” and “Excellent Welding Technician Award” by Taiwan Welding Society RespectivelyCTCI Chief Engineer Wang Jia-Xing and Xu Bang-Kai, Welder Forman of CTCI Machinery were honored with 2015 “Outstanding Contribution Award” and “Excellent Welding Technician Award” by Taiwan Welding Society respectively. The award ceremony was held on October 23, 2015 at its General Meeting.
Serving in CTCI Corporation for over 40 years, Mr. Wang, currently Chief Engineer, has made considerable contributions to the sustainable development of the welding industry with his full dedication and rich experiences in the field that benefited greatly to various major constructions projects in Taiwan. Also, long been serving in Taiwan Welding Society as a committee member, Mr. Wang spares no efforts to pass down his technical expertise and foster talent, e.g., he has been working as a certified evaluator for skill evaluation certifications held by Workforce Development Agency, and cultivated many talents in the field during the execution of construction projects both at home and abroad. Over four decades, Mr. Wang stays passionate to guide his protégés, and until now, many would still approach him for the mentorship by the respected “Wang Sir”. His achievements had made him recognized by the ROC government as “The 3rd term of Top 10 Role Model for Technical Skills”.
Mr. Xu Bang-Kai has been serving in CTCI Machinery for twenty years, and is currently an Electric Welder Forman. He has mastered skills in GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)/SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)/FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding)/ SAW (Submerged Arc Welding), etc. and has accumulated rich experiences in welding for alloys, such as Titanium Alloy Steel, Zirconium Alloy Steel, Aluminum Alloy Steel, Nickel Alloy Steel, Copper Alloy Steel, etc. and well recognized for quality products by clients. He also demonstrates passion to cultivate young protégés to actively upgrade the welding expertise. (Brand Management Department, CTCI)
- 2015/10SESC Tainan Science Park Resource Recycling Center Honored with the Award of 2015 Outstanding Environmental Protection Units from Southern Taiwan Science ParkSESC Tainan Science Park Resource Recycling Center participated in the selection of Southern Taiwan Science Park Outstanding HSE Management Units, and won the award of 2015 Outstanding Environmental Protection Units. The award ceremony was held on 28 October 2015 at Tainan Science Park Prime Minister Restaurant. SESC president Hsiu-Hua,Tiao represented SESC to accept this glory from Tainan Science Park Commissioner Wei-Cheng, Lin. SESC will sustain outstanding environmental protection performances, and provide better services to Southern Taiwan Science Park.
- 2015/10SESC Houli Plant Honored with 2014 Excellent Occupational Safety and Health Unit Award from Ministry of LaborHouli Refuse Incineration Plant, operated and managed by SESC, was honored with 2014 Excellent Occupational Safety and Health Unit Award from Ministry of Labor. The award ceremony was held on 26 October 2015 at Taichung Municipal Services Building. SESC Chairman Chun-Che, Liao represented SESC to accept this honor from Taichung Mayor Chia-Lung,Lin. SESC will keep promoting occupational safety and health measures, building a better working place, maintaining safety and healthy environment, and sustaining outstanding industrial safety performances.
- 2015/10CTCI Group Invited to Attend the "Engineering Industry Globalization Conference”, Selected as a Flagship for the Top 5 Export Engineering IndustriesThe Engineering Industry Globalization Conference was held on 28 October 2015 under the auspices of Public Construction Commission Executive Yuan (PCC). It was announced that up to 470 million-worth TWD of fund are expected to be granted by the government within 4 years for the project financing of industrial projects. Furthermore, a unified plan is raised by PCC to establish teams for the promotion of fields inclusive of Energy Resources, Transportation and exporting within one year, with emphasis on five engineering industries: petrochemicals, power plants, ETC, MRT, and Environmental Protection & Resources. CTCI Group has been selected as a flagship for major export engineering industries, continuing to be a bellwether of domestic engineering industries.
Specializing in undertaking EPC turkey projects overseas, CTCI was consulted and approached by the government to provide strategic planning to optimize the road map of engineering industries prior to the Conference. This demonstrate CTCI’s determination and commitment to the vision of becoming the “The Most Reliable Global Engineering Service Provider” and excellent reputation it has won for professionalism and service quality, leading over the rest of the field in Taiwan.
Looking into the future, CTCI will continue to contribute its fields of expertise and comply with government policies, to work with government agencies progressing through diversified communication and integration. Hopefully, this could help reinforce government’s comprehension of CTCI Corporation and the posture of global engineering industries, and thus elevate the standard of domestic engineering industries and achieve the mission of globalization.
(M&S III, HBO)
- 2015/10Shilin Cultural Festival: Scenic Zhishan Concluded with SuccessThe closing ceremony of Shilin Cultural Festival: Scenic Zhishan was held on October 4th at the Shilin Official Residence cosponsored by CTCI and Zhishan Cultural and Ecological Garden. On behalf of the company, SVP Andrew Tsai attended the ceremony to give a speech and present awards. As a gesture to appeal publicly the importance of environmental protection, aside from the performance of musical marathon held, an environmental experience activity centered on ecological preservation of Taiwan and environmental concerns was offered as well. Besides, CTCI Group was invited to set up a tournament stand at the resource recycling area, to introduce the green marks approved by EPA and illustrate the operation process of incineration plants.
(Administration & General Services Department, CTCI)
- 2015/10CTCI Group Sponsored Sunshine Social Welfare Foundation to Establish Minsheng Rehabilitation Center in TaipeiThe dust explosion incident happened on June 27, 2015 at Formosa Fun Coast injured nearly 500 people. CTCI Group takes the initiative to express concern by donating NT$5 million to Sunshine Social Welfare Foundation for long-term physical and psychological rehabilitation. With over 3 months of active preparation, Minsheng Rehabilitation Center was opened on October 15. Invited by Sunshine Social Welfare Foundation, representatives from Taipei City Government, Department of Social Welfare, enterprises and medical/social welfare groups all attended the unveiling ceremony and blessing ritual. On behalf of the company, SVP Andrew Tsai of the Administrative & PR Division joined the event to show the support and encouragement to the victims.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/10CTCI SVP Pao-Yao Pan Elected as a Board Director (the 7th Term) for Chung-Hwa Railway Industry Development AssociationThe result of the postal voting for Board Directors and Board Supervisors election (the 7th term) of Chung-Hwa Railway Industry Development Association was announced on October 2 at its annual member meeting. CTCI SVP Pao-Yao Pan was elected as a Board Director.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/10SESC Xindian and Shulin Plant Honored with 2014 Excellent Occupational Safety and Health Unit Award from Ministry of LaborXindian and Shulin Refuse Incineration Plant, both operated and managed by SESC, honored with 2014 Excellent Occupational Safety and Health Unit Award from Ministry of Labor. The awards ceremony was held on 3 October 2015 at Fu Chou Riverside Park. The event was also combined with the 2nd New Taipei City Industrial Safety Labor Run activity, hoping to advocate labor health. SESC president Hsiu-Hua,Tiao represented SESC to accept this glory from New Taipei City Labor Affairs Department Commissioner Cheng-Ta, Hsieh. There are 6 units received the awards this time, and honorably, SESC won 2 of them.
- 2015/10CTCI Won the 2015 MOEA Public Construction Excellent Quality Award for CPC Talin Flare Gas Recovery System (FGRS) ProjectThe CTCI project of CPC Talin FGRS EPC Work won the “2015 MOEA Public Construction Excellent Quality Award.” The award ceremony was held at the 1st Meeting Room of Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) on October 23, 2015. On behalf of CTCI, Vice President Simon Liao of HBO Project Division I accepted the honor from Vice Minister of MOEA, Mr. Wei-Fuu Yang.
The purpose of holding the “MOEA Public Construction Excellent Quality Award” is to recognize the prized contractors’ contribution to quality control in performing public construction works, and to encourage them to enhance the qualities of public constructions in Taiwan. The names of prized contractors will be registered in the Excellent Contractor List of Public Construction Works with preferential bond fee.
The FGRS project contributes the benefit of environmental protection in accordance with the new EPA regulation of VOC exhaust and treatment. The award recognizes CTCI’s abilities and plentiful experiences of EPC projects worldwide, and proves that CTCI’s accomplishment in the field of professional consultation has received affirmation and was highly appraised by Taiwanese government.
(CTCI HBO Project Division I)
- 2015/10CTCI Corporation Placed on Several Rankings in 2015 ENR MagazineThe rankings of 2015 Engineering News-Record magazine (ENR) had been released. CTCI Corporation has once again performed remarkably and moved itself upwards in the following four rankings, international contractors, global contractors, international design firms, and global design firms.
ENR, a prestigious international magazine, conducts its surveys for engineering company annually. ENR rankings have strong credibility and are important indexes of international engineering industry. ENR rankings have two main categories which are design firms and contractors based on company’s annual sales revenues. Among the ENR rankings, companies in the "International" list are ranked on the basis of overseas revenues, whereas companies in the "Global" list are ranked according to their total revenues regardless of where the project is located. In recent years, CTCI Corporation constantly makes efforts on growth and successfully expands the international markets by enhancing the technical level, profitability and international visibility. Therefore, CTCI Corporation continues to jump in rankings among international engineering companies. (Investor Relation Office, CTCI)
- 2015/09Second Investor Conference of CTCI Group in 2015CTCI Group held second investor conference at the International Convention Center of National Taiwan University Hospital on September 30th.2015. Three companies under CTCI Group, CTCI Corporation, Advanced Control and System Inc.(ACS) and KD Holding, reported the operation reviews and strategy outlooks, new projects signed and financial review of 1st half of 2015, target market outlooks and region breakdown of potential business opportunities in 2016. The conference drew around one hundred participants, including the institutional investors, bankers and journalists.
The accumulated new contracts of CTCI Group amount to NTD 18.02 billion, while the backlog of contract amount to NTD 166.8 billion and the consolidated sales revenues amount to NTD 40.82 billion by August 31st,2015. By the end of 2015, there will be several mega projects bidding results announced, and this is expected to increase the new contract amount of CTCI Group. In 1st half of year 2015, net income after tax amount to NTD 1.23 billion. The EPS after tax is NTD 1.31, increased by 12.9% than the same period in year 2014. The gross profit margin and net profit margin after tax is 8.1% and 4.1%, respectively. The major projects awarded in 2015 are the LDPE basic design project of Formosa Plastic Corp.USA, Ethylene glycol (EG) plant expansion basic design project of Nan Ya Plastics USA, Gali Batu depot trackwork project and YNP Ti-sponge EPC project joint ventured with Chiyoda Corp.In the future, the business strategies of CTCI group are to maximize current business through horizontal and vertical expansion, including strengthening front end engineering design capabilities, and extending the current business operation to plant maintenance services, to actively acquire the selected and specialized technologies and required qualifications through merger and acquisitions or long-term strategic alliances, to develop new products, markets and technologies by leveraging the resources of overseas subsidiaries to develop business in new regions.
For ACS, the accumulated new contracts amount to NTD 1.13 billion, while the backlog of contract amount to NTD 1.63 billion .the consolidated sales revenues amount to NTD 0.94 billion and the net income before tax is NTD 0.07 billion by August 31st 2015. In 1st half of 2015, the net income after tax and EPS after tax is NTD 0.04 billion and NTD 1.67, respectively. The gross profit margin and net profit margin after tax is 13.3% and 5.4%, respectively. In 2015, the sales targets of ACS are to promote industry 4.0 (productivity 4.0) applications in continuous processing and batch manufacturing plants, to use smart city concept built on smart transportation and safety, and to develop the Chinese market with ACS products & services in energy savings and industrial safety. The future business development strategies are to utilize the products and solution services with mass replication sales method and to promote automation and ICT business opportunities that come along with the intelligent smart plants.
For KD Holding, the consolidated sales revenue and the net income before tax by August 31st,2015 is NTD 2.71 billion and NTD 0.71 billion, respectively. The net income after tax in 1st half of 2015 is 0.37 billion. The EPS after tax in the same period is NT$5.62, increased by 8.5% than the year 2014. The important contracts awarded were the service contract for equipment maintenance, overhaul, renewal and upgrade, and refuse crane operation for other WtE Plants and the service contract for O&M supervision for WtE plant in Guangdong and Shanghai of China. The important milestones in our progresses were acquiring 2 development rights of PV power plants, stepping into the PV power plant market in the US, smoothly undertaking the construction of New Jersey plant that is scheduled to operate in 2016, etc.The future outlook and strategies will be to continue the development policy on environmental protection, green energy and resource recycling, and to develop the business overseas based on the domestic experiences through cooperating with well-known European construction enterprise group, to co-develop the business in global environmental protection market.
(Investor Relation Office, CTCI)
- 2015/09SESC Tainan Plant Honored with 2014 Excellent Occupational Safety and Health Unit Award from Ministry of LaborTainan Refuse Incineration Plant, operated and managed by SESC, honored with 2014 Excellent Occupational Safety and Health Unit Award from Ministry of Labor. Tainan plant leader Jui-Ching, Shih represented SESC to accept this honor from Tainan Mayor Ching-Te, Lai on Excellent Industrial Safety Unit and Personnel Awards Ceremony with CEO Forum , held by Tainan government, on 17 September 2015. The attendees also shared their industrial safety management and employee health promotion experiences. Tainan plant and cooperation units will keep promoting occupational safety and health measures, building a better working place and making outstanding industrial safety performances. (SESC)
- 2015/09Opening Ceremony of Miaoli Plant as a Certified Site of Environmental Education Facilities Successfully HeldMiaoli incineration plant was built and operates by Fortune Energy Corporation (FEC). Due to the excellent management performance of FEC, Miaoli plant has been recognized with the Environmental Protection Agency Evaluation Excellence Award for consecutive years and even acquired the "Environmental education facilities place" certification at the end of 2014. The opening ceremony held on September 11 was presided over by the Deputy Magistrate of Miaoli County and the President of FEC. Following the ceremony, over 100 local students and nearby residents were invited to participate in environmental education courses.
A number of environmental education programs are available for application to the public via the website of Miaoli plant. In addition to environmental education courses provided, general visiting tour service is available too. In the future, FEC will continue to dedicate itself to developing diversified environmental education course and thereby transform incineration plants into teaching and learning facilities.
- 2015/09SESC Keelung Plant, Xindian Plant, Taonan Plant, Miaoli Plant, and Houli Plant Honored with the Premium and Excellence Awards in EPA 2014 Annual AppraisalThe result of 2014 appraisal held by Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Executive Yuan has been announced. This year, 24 incineration plants contend for 10 prizes, and SESC won 5 of them, including the premium award for Keelung Plant and the excellence awards for Xindian Plant, Taonan Plant, Miaoli Plant, and Houli Plant. SESC president Hsiu-Hua, Tiao and the president of Fortune Energy Corporation/Leading Energy Corporation Chin-Yu, Hsueh both attended the award ceremony held in Taipei Longbon Resort on 9-10th of September to accept this honor.
To ensure the quality of operation for incineration plants, EPA administers the appraisal every year. Formerly conducted in the form of “technical consultation,” it has been transformed into “performance appraisal” by EPA to help enhance maintenance management and operational technology of the incineration plants. SESC has been honored with the awards for several years, motivating it to commit to environmental protection, pollution prevention, energy saving, carbon reduction, technical upgrading, and industrial safety. In the days to come, SESC will keep enhancing management quality and performance of incineration plants, and fulfilling corporate social responsibility by principles of professionalism, integrity, teamwork, and innovation. (SESC)
- 2015/09CTCI is a Pioneer in the Engineering & Construction Industry of DJSI Emerging Markets in TaiwanThe Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) announced the results of its 2015 review on September 11, 2015. Despite the fact that CTCI took part in the DJSI assessment for the first time, CTCI was selected for Emerging Markets Index Membership with excellent performance and, therefore, became a pioneer enterprise in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan.
In 2015, there were a total of 3,470 enterprises that were invited globally to take part in the DJSI assessment, which were classified in 7 categories. CTCI was one of those invited among 800 candidates to participate in the “Emerging Markets” index, and were among 92 enterprises selected to be in the final competition. The assessment criteria included corporate governance, risk management, environment management, human resource development, stakeholder responsiveness, and many other diversified indices. Different assessment measures were designed specifically for different industries. This year, the assessment focused on the innovation of enterprise management, implementation status and information feedback. The performance of CTCI was highly rated in the areas of antitrust policy, risk management, environmental policy, management system, as well as employee safety and healthcare.
DJSI was launched by RobeccoSAM and S&P Dow Jones in 1999 as the first global sustainability benchmark. Owing to the fact that sustainability investing is a vital indicator, DJSI assessment has become a significant reference for investors. In 2015, there were a total of 13 Taiwanese enterprises selected for index membership. Most of the enterprises selected were from electronics, telecommunications, and financial industries. CTCI was the first and only enterprise selected in the field of engineering & construction industry in Taiwan. CTCI has reached a milestone in sustainability development in the domestic engineering industry. The honor signifies the sustainable operations performance of CTCI, which is highly recognized by international investment organizations, and significantly raises the competitiveness of CTCI in the global market.
Looking to the future, CTCI is determine to persist in the corporate principles of "Professionalism, Integrity, Teamwork, and Innovation" with our vision of becoming “The Most Reliable Global Engineering Service Provider". The six strategies of corporate governance developed include: maximizing the existing business, promoting new venture, optimizing engineering services, cultivating comprehensive talent, building brand image, and strengthening the group’s synergy. All in all, CTCI hopes to continue elevating its business strength and reach the goal of sustainable operations. As for the aspect of environmental protection, CTCI will use its core competency in developing green engineering and implement environmental friendly policies in cooperation with the suppliers. Moreover, the establishment of data system platform collects data related to energy-saving and emission reduction for analysis and future improvement. In terms of social participation, CTCI will organize effective health promotion activities and develop individual development plan to establish a happy work environment for the employees. Furthermore, by promoting enterprise volunteer activities to encourage all employees to take part in social welfare to show care to the underprivileged, and better fulfill its commitment to corporate social responsibilities.
- 2012/08The President Handover Ceremony of Fortune Energy Corporation/Leading Energy Corporation Concluded with SuccessThe executive vice president Chin-Yu, Hsueh of Fortune Energy Corporation/Leading Energy Corporation was named as the successor of the former president Pei-Ying, Yeh after his retirement. The handover ceremony was held on 27 August 2015. Chun-Che, Liao, chairman of Fortune Energy Corporation/Leading Energy Corporation, served as witness. Most senior officers, including vice chairman of CTCI group (also the chairman of KD Holding Corporation) John H. Lin, and senior vice president Ming-Cheng, Hsiao, also attended the ceremony in person.
Lin expressed two expectations to the new president Mr. Hsueh. One is making good use of the management power in the last decade of the BOT corporation and making efforts to maintain a good relationship with the government in order to lay the foundations for the management right after the expiration of the BOT contract. The other is implementing Corporate Social Responsibility. In addition to promoting environmental education, which enhances environmental consciousness, participating in public activities to support the underprivileged is one of the actions it takes to reach the goal of corporate sustainable operations.
Chun-Che, Liao also highly praised Pei-Ying, Yeh, the first BOT corporation president in CTCI Group, for expanding global business and breaking new ground. Even before his full retirement, Mr. Yeh was still dedicating himself to the bid preparation for the 6th incinerator in Singapore, .demonstrating an admirable attitude. The handover ceremony was successfully completed with greetings from guests.
(Fortune Energy Corporation/ Leading Energy Corporation)
- 2012/08CTCI and KD Holding Listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine in 2015The CommonWealth Magazine announced the winning enterprises of 2015 Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility. This year, CTCI and its subsidiary KD Holding ranked the 29th and 4th in the categories of “large enterprise” and “mid-size enterprise” respectively. The award ceremony took place on August 19. Mr. John H. Lin, Vice Chairman of CTCI Group, attended the ceremony and accepted the honors from Vice Premier of the Republic of China, Chang San-cheng.
This year, a total of 256 enterprises participated in the selection for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award, with 100 of them finally selected out. Among the 50 enterprises listed in the “large enterprise” category, most of the Top 30 enterprises selected are from technology and financial sectors with CTCI being the only enterprise awarded among the contractor sector. The assessment adopts international indicators and appraisal approach. Apart from having a steady growth for a consecutive of 3 years and preventing itself from causing social problems due to deficits, CTCI has been reviewed comprehensively under the four major aspects of “corporate governance,” “commitment of enterprise,” “social participation” and “environmental protection”. CTCI has been continuously honored with the award for several years and scoring high in the aspects of “corporate governance” and “environmental protection” this time. On top of carrying on stable growth with determination and sustainable operations, CTCI implements green engineering technology to provide its clients with cost-effective, eco-friendly, and energy-saving solutions to innovate and enhance its green competitiveness in the industry, while also spares no efforts for preservation of the ecological environment.
With its emphasis on environmental protection, KD Holding first participated in the selection and was recognized with the award by CommonWealth Magazine under the overall planning of CTCI Group. Dedicating to the promotion of environmental education, KD Holding invites local residents and student of surrounding areas for on-site visit of incineration plants to advocate energy saving and resource recycling concepts in the society. Winning the fourth place in the “Medium-Sized Enterprises” category is a great honor for KD, while the fact of CTCI and KD both honored with the awards affirms CTCI Group’s efforts in fulfilling CSR. (Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/07CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu Appointed as Advisory Director of the Newly Founded Center for Corporate SustainabilityTo raise the awareness of Taiwanese enterprise in sustainability development, improve CSR performance, and bring such practice in line with international standards, Taiwan Institute of Sustainable Energy (TAISE) founded “Center for Corporate Sustainability” (CCS). The founding ceremony was held on July 29th on the 43rd floor of Shin Kong Life Insurance Tower. CTCI Corporation, along with the other 26 leading enterprises in Taiwan, including China Steel Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, CPC Corporation, Taiwan Power Company, and PwC Taiwan, were invited as the founding members. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu was appointed as the consultative director. On behalf of CTCI, SVP Hsiao Ming-Cheng of the Executive Management Office attended the founding ceremony/the first meeting for advisory directors.
In the introductory remark, Mr. Wu Den-yi, Vice President of the R.O.C. addressed that the successful promotion of CSR concept lies in guidance of government policies supported by the objective review and assistance of non-governmental organizations. Most importantly, the support from enterprises and shareholders as well as the encouragement from the society play key roles and provide vital strengths. It is expected that through founding the CCS, enterprises in Taiwan may better perform CSR while attain higher level of CSR fulfillment; meanwhile, it may also assist enterprises in establishing the concept of CSR fulfilling as a universal value. The chairman of TAISE, Dr. Engine Chien stated that the aim of the Center is to unite enterprises to form a community and a platform to exchange ideas in the four major aspects of “legal regulations and standards,” “education and trainings,” “publishing and promotion,” and “research and development” to promote the work of corporate sustainability development and international exchange in the field.
By uniting the force of the enterprises, CTCI will continue to be committed to fulfill corporate social responsibilities while also dedicate to sustainable operations to jointly reach the goal of improving CSR practice in Taiwan in line with the international society.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/07Inauguration Ceremony of CTCI (Thailand) New Managing Director Concluded with SuccessInauguration Ceremony of CTCI (Thailand) Company Limited (CTCIT) has been held on July 15, 2015 in the main conference room of CTCIT office at the 18th floor. Vice Chairman of CTCI Group and Chairman of CTCI (Thailand), Mr. John Lin, chaired and witnessed the ceremony in which Mr. Jeff Hsu was inaugurated as the new Managing Director and the 10th Managing Director of CTCIT. Former Managing Director (4th Managing Director), Mr. Sherman Chin, and CTCIT managerial level staff members were invited to attend the ceremony.
Mr. John Lin gave his first speech to introduce Mr. Jeff Hsu by addressing his extensive expertise in Non-Hydrocarbon business of which will support new trends/opportunities, especially the rising demand of infrastructure project, power business, and environmental concerned business. CTCIT will focus on these new businesses in the near future from which it expects to gain more revenue. Mr. Jeff Hsu has worked with CTCI group for around 20 years, his extensive experience in Non-Hydrocarbon business, knowledge of Project Management and Marketing will well suit the need for CTCIT’s future.
Mr. Tseng expressed his thanks to all CTCIT staff members for their kind support during his assignment and asked all to continue to support Mr. Jeff Hsu upon his assignment as the new Managing Director of CTCIT.
In the augural address, Mr. Jeff Hsu, the new MD of CTCIT, states that CTCIT will continuously upgrade its capability to cover current business areas in Thailand and to extend services to new business area in neighboring Southeast Asia countries. At the end, he also expressed his sincere thanks and appreciated the kind support and contribution from all staff members and expressed his wish to create a better future with all CTCIT members.
- 2015/07CTCI Participated in “2015 Enterprise Visit for International Graduate Students” Held by CTCI FoundationTo help international graduate students better understand Taiwan’s business and working environment, CTCI Foundation organized “2015 Enterprise Visit for International Graduate Students” on July 2nd and invited CTCI Corporation to participate in this event. Led by Mr. Zheng Qing-Zong, Director of CTCI Foundation, 29 students from Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America who are currently studying Master or PhD program in the related fields of science, engineering or technology in Taiwan visited CTCI HQ to learn the business operation of CTCI and had discussions on the spot.
During the visit, Administration & General Services Department arranged a guided tour for CTCI office environment and facilities, and shared CTCI’s principles, visions and achievements of CSR fulfillment and green enterprise. Additionally, a speech on “E-Management along EPC Operation” was given by the Innovation R&D Center, which introduced CTCI’s new 3D/4D engineering technologies and drew enthusiastic participation from the guests. Through this event, CTCI has come closer to fulfill its mission to cultivate engineering talent. Also, it expects to increase brand awareness in the international engineering sector and establish a friendly relationship at the same time.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/06The 2015 General Shareholders Meeting of KD Holding Corporation & The 9th Meeting of the 6th Term of the Board of DirectorsKD Holding Corporation held its annual General Shareholders Meeting on June 22nd, 2015 at Tianmu Convention Center, Mellow Fields Hotel. During the meeting, the motions included 2014 business report, financial statements, distribution of fiscal year 2014 earnings, the independent director nomination for Dr. Chien and the release of non-competition restriction on Dr. Chien were all adopted as submitted.
According to the Business Report, the consolidated sales revenues amounted to NT$3,925,027 thousand in 2014, increased by 4.66% from the year 2013. The net income after tax reached NT$674,036 thousand, increased by 8.66% compared with the year 2013. The earnings per share (EPS) after tax stood at NT$10.47, increased by 4.08% from the year 2013. In addition, cash dividend payable to shareholders of NT$607,249,885 was approved in the Shareholders Meeting (NT$9.3 per share with 65,272,899 common shares outstanding). Besides, the Board Meeting approved setting Aug 11, 2015 as the ex-dividend date.
- 2015/06Advanced Control & Systems Inc. Convened the 2015 Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting and the 7th Meeting of the Board of Directors for the 10th TermThe 2015 Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting of Advanced Control & Systems Inc. was held at Taipei Computer Association Executive Club Room 501, June 25, 2015.
In the meeting, the Company’s 2014 business report, financial statements, and distribution of 2014 profits were adopted. In addition, the amendments to the Company’s “Ethical Corporate Management Best Practice Principle” were approved. At the same day, the 7th meeting of the 10th term of the Board of Directors was held.
According to the business report released, the consolidated sales revenues of Advanced Control & Systems Inc. in 2014 is NT$1,353,826 thousand; the net Income reaches NT$76,293 thousand; the earnings per share (EPS) after tax is NT$3.30. In the 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, it was resolved that the cash dividend payable to shareholders will be NT$59,306,690. On that afternoon, the 7th Meeting of the Board of Directors for the 10th Term was held, setting August 3, 2015 as the ex-dividend date.
(Advanced Control & Systems Inc.)
- 2015/06The 2015 General Shareholders Meeting of CTCI Corporation & The Eighth Meeting of the Thirteen Term of the Board of DirectorsCTCI Corporation held its annual General Shareholders Meeting on Thursday, June 22nd, 2015 in Tianmu Convention Center, Mellow Fields Hotel. During the meeting, the motions included 2014 business report, financial statements, distribution of fiscal year 2014 earnings were all carried.
According to the Business Report, the consolidated sales revenues amounted to NT$57,691,937 thousand in 2014, increased by 10.47% from the year 2013. The consolidated net income reached NT$1,882,119 thousand, increased by 14.64% compared with the year 2013. The earnings per share (EPS) after tax stood at NT$2.51, increased by 13.06% than the year 2013. In addition, cash dividend payable to shareholders of NT$1,698,089,340 was approved in the Shareholders Meeting. The ex-dividend date was determined to be on August 3rd, 2015 in the Board Meeting as well.
In 2014, total new contract awarded to CTCI Group was about NT$77,866,000 thousand, increased by 16.35% than the year 2013. Most remarkably, the consolidated contract backlog of the entire Group was NT$187,102,280 thousand at the end of 2014, maintaining its strong performance above NT$100 billion level for the past six consecutive years.
(Investment Relation Office, CTCI)
- 2015/06CTCI Group Received a Certificate of Appreciation from Sunshine Social Welfare Foundation for Donating to Victims of Formosa Fun Coast Dust Explosion Incident for RehabilitationThe dust explosion incident happened on June 27, 2015 at Formosa Fun Coast injured nearly 500 people. CTCI Group takes the initiative to express concern by donating NT$5 million to Sunshine Social Welfare Foundation for long-term physical and psychological rehabilitation. CTCI colleagues are also encouraged to donate to related fund-raising account to extend a helping hand.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/06CTCI Corporation, Advanced Control & Systems Inc., and KD Holding Corporation Evaluated as Top 5% in the “2014 Corporate Governance Evaluation System”Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) announced the top 20% of the 2014 Corporate Governance Evaluation Results. CTCI Corporation (CTCI) and its subsidiaries, Advanced Control & Systems Inc. (ACS) and KD Holding Corporation (KD), were evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the Taipei Exchange (TPEx) listed companies.
The award ceremony was held on June 10, 2015 at Taipei International Convention Center and Mr. Ming-Chung Tseng, the Chairman of Financial Supervisory Commission, attended the ceremony as award presenter. Mr. Ming-Cheng Hsiao, Senior Vice President of CTCI,
Mr. Hwei-Nan Yih, Chairman of ACS, and Mr. J. J. Liao, President of KD, received the awards on behalf of CTCI, ACS and KD, respectively.
The TWSE and TPEx launched “Corporate Governance Evaluation System” conducted by the Securities and Futures Institute (SFI) to evaluate the performance of corporate governance among listed companies. The evaluation comprises 5 categories: protection of shareholders’ rights, equitable treatment of shareholders, board composition and management, information transparency and protection of stakeholder interests, and corporate social responsibility with totally 92 evaluation indicators.
In 2014, all the entries in the evaluation include a total of 798 TWSE-listed companies and 595 TPEx-listed companies. The awards demonstrate that CTCI Group complies with the laws and regulations and voluntarily improve corporate governance.
(Secretariat of the Board, CTCI)
- 2015/06CTCI Corporate Sustainability Report 2014 Certified with AA1000 and GRI G4.0The 2014 Corporate Sustainability Report published by CTCI is certified with high level of AA1000 Assurance Standard with core indicators disclosed in accordance with GRI G4.0 guideline by the British Standards Institution, Taiwan branch (BSI Taiwan). The accreditation ceremony was held on 3 June 2015 in the conference room at the 17th floor of CTCI headquarters. On behalf of CTCI, President Michael Yang received the certification from Peter Pu, Managing Director of BSI Taiwan.
Since 2008, CTCI has been publishing Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR Report) for eight consecutive years, demonstrating the determination and actions of CTCI in carrying out sustainable development and fulfilling social responsibilities. This year, we continue to strengthen and develop environmental friendly and energy saving engineering technologies to provide clients with green engineering solutions that are energy saving, cost-efficient and enabling sustainable operations right from the quotation stage. Also, we proposed operation strategies in response to the changing global and industry environment. In the days to come, CTCI will continue to implement CSR related policies and specifically realize its commitment to such responsibilities.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/06TCI Group Honored with Various Awards by Chinese Institute of Engineers in 2015In 2015, CTCI Corporation is honored with various awards by Chinese Institute of Engineers (CIE). The award ceremony took place at the 2015 General Assembly of Chinese Institute of Engineers held together with the Engineer’s Day Celebration on June 5, 2015.
CTCI EVP Mark W. H Yang and VP C.F. Chiou Honored with Outstanding Engineer Award
EVP Mark W. H Yang has been serving in CTCI Foundation/CTCI Corporation for over four decades, during which he has been dedicating to the development of engineering technologies and promotion of industrial innovation, and therefore set the cornerstone of CTCI’s sustainable operations. EVP Yang is truly an ideal model for all engineers with high level engineering expertise in all aspects, also he is an expert in the fields of natural gas receiving terminal as well as cryogenic transportation and pipeline of liquefied natural gas, furthermore he even demonstrated his professional expertise in long-distance subsea pipeline and skill of project management of multinational EPC lump sum project.
Serving in CTCI Corporation for 35 years till now, VP Chin-Fwu Chiou has been studying the process technology and accumulated both strong expertise and rich experiences in the field. All the years, VP Chiou has been devoted to his work, fearing no obstacles and daring to take challenges whether in the research of process technology or project executions. In recent years, VP Chiou has been actively promoting the design work of natural gas processing and liquefaction plant and other new technologies, whose dedication and practical attitude has made him a model for all engineers.
Taipei MRT Xinyi Songshan Line Systemwide Electrical & Mechanical Work--Power Supply System Project Contracted by CTCI Won Outstanding Engineering Award by the Chinese Institute of Engineers
The project “Taipei MRT Xinyi Songshan Line Systemwide Electrical & Mechanical Work— Power Supply System” is contracted by the Kawasaki/Marubeni/CTCI (KMC) Consortium. Through the integration of expertise in rail engineering and rich experience of the KMC Consortium and the cooperation by supervisory authorities and Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation, the project had been completed and open to traffic on schedule, hence finalizing the initial network plan approved by the Executive Yuan in 1986 for Taipei Metropolitan Area. The project not only is recognized with Outstanding Engineering Award by the Chinese Institute of Engineers, but also won the 2011 Superiority Award on Construction Audit by Department of Rapid Transit Systems (DORTS), Taipei City Government.
The challenge and complexity for Taipei MRT Xinyi Songshan Line Project is huge compared with construction work of other sections for Taipei metro, considering that the sections link with the existing MRT routes when completed, the related construction integration and testing works have to be undertaken at night, with the team take shifts during non-operating hours, lest it may impact the daily operations and safety during the service hours. The completion of Taipei MRT Xinyi Songshan Line Project has effectively enhanced the traffic condition and air quality in Taipei Metropolitan Area, making tangible contributions for making Taipei a healthy international city.
(Administration & General Services. Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/06Companies of CTCI Group Excel in the 2015 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth MagazineThis year, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released in May. As the outcome indicated, seven member companies of CTCI Group were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises, including CTCI Corporation, KD Holding Corporation, E&C Engineering Corporation, Sino Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, Resources Engineering Services Inc., and Advanced Control & Systems Inc.
The ranking of 2015 Taiwan's Top 2000 Enterprises was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for 2014, a result of the survey conducted by CommonWealth Magazine. In the Top 650 Service Enterprises , CTCI Corporation retained Top 1 in the contractor sector for years in a row, improved itself to the 28th in terms of the overall ranking in the service sector and to the 35th in profitability in the Top 650 Service Enterprises this year. KD Holding Corporation retained the 5th in investment holding company sector this year, and ranked the 304th in the service sector. E&C Engineering Corporation ranked the 33rd in the contractor sector and the 312nd in the service sector this year; Sino Environmental Services Corporation retained the 2nd in the environmental service sector and ranked the 383rd in the service sector. CTCI Machinery Corporation ranked the 43rd in the contractor sector and ranked the 454th in service sector. Resources Engineering Services Inc. ranked the 54th in the contractor sector and the 557th in service sector. Last but not least, Advanced Control & Systems Inc. retained the 35th in the IT equipment sales and services sector and ranked the 579th in the service sector this year, becoming the one with the most remarkable progress within CTCI Group.
Tables below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI Group in various sectors of the 2015 Top 650 Service Enterprises. It is highly expected that with continued efforts each member company of CTCI Group will be thriving year over year to rank at the top of the list.
- 2015/06CTCI Headquarters and Hsientien, Miaoli WtE Plants Operated by SESC Honored with “Cumulative Record without Accident Proof” by Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Ministry of LaborIn order to enhance the consciousness for both employers and employees in HSE field, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Ministry of Labor promotes the activities of “Cumulative Record without Accident Proof” and encourages public institutions to execute self-management to achieve the objective of ZERO accident. CTCI headquarters was honored with a cumulative record without accident proof from January 2007 to January 2015, with a total of 30.51 million hours. Hsientien WtE plant, which is operated by SESC, accumulated a total of 1.2 million hours from May 2006 to December 2014; Miaoli WtE plant accumulated a total of 0.72 million hours from March 2008 to December 2014.
The aforementioned proof awarded by Industrial Safety and Health Association of the R.O.C. demonstrates that CTCI Group’s efforts and performance in HSE field have been well recognized. In the future, the Group will continue promoting the HSE Management System and encouraging everyone to participate in the prevention of occupational hazard and protecting safety & health for every worker.
(CTCI HSE Management Dept./SESC)
- 2015/05SESC Assistant Manager Pei-Yu Lin Honored with the Award of Labor Safety Held by Taipei City GovernmentLin-Pei Yu, assistant manager of SESC, won the 2014 Labor Safety Award for “Excellent Personnel in Promoting HSE”. The award ceremony was held by Taipei City Government at the Taipei City Hall on 29th May 2014 and Ms. Lin Pei -Yu received the award from Taipei City Mayor Ko Wen-Je. The award recognizes both the prize winner and SESC’s efforts to maintain a healthy and safe work environment
- 2015/05SESC Hsintien and Shulin WtE Plants Honored with Excellent Organization Award for Labor Safety and Health Held by New Taipei City GovernmentSESC Hsintien and Shulin WtE Plants operated and managed by SESC participated in selection of “Award for Labor Safety and Health” held by New Taipei City Government and won the excellent award. The ceremony was held at the New Taipei City Hall on 26th May 2014. Vice President Clark Lee represented SESC to receive the award from the New Taipei City Mayor Chu, Li Luan.
This evaluation was conducted for the 4th time and New Taipei City Government organizes experts and inspectors to execute the documents review and site survey to realize the actual performance of all candidates. The fact that SESC won the prize for 2 years in a row proves the affirmation in SESC’s organizational operation, plan management, occupational hazard prevention facilities, HSE trainings and HSE self-management, etc. The New Taipei City Government has planned to recommend Hsintien and Shulin WtE Plants to contend for five star awards in Taiwan for further honor.
- 2015/05RESI Chairman Handover Ceremony Concluded with SuccessThe handover ceremony of RESI’s new Chairman was held at RESI’s office on May 25th, 2015. The Senior Vice President Mr. Ming-Cheng Hsiao of CTCI Group was the overseer of the ceremony. Under the witness of SVP Hsiao, the new Chairman of RESI Mr. Kuo-Ann Wu took over the official stamp from the predecessor Mr. John H. Lin. The Chairman Yih, Hwei-Nan and the President Yin-Fan Liu of Advanced Control & Systems Inc. were also invited to participate and witness the ceremony as well as RESI’s supervisors and crew.
Vice Chairman Lin of CTCI Group presented an introduction of new Chairman of RESI Mr. Kuo-Ann Wu, who had served in important government positions, including the Deputy Secretary-General of Secretariat, and Taipei City Government and Deputy Minister of Public Construction Commission, Executive Yuan. Chairman Wu had been involved in major domestic infrastructure projects and accumulated more than 25 years of project-planning experiences in infrastructure. Vice Chairman Lin encouraged RESI to actively participate in the potential public works of “ONE BELT ONE ROAD” and also wishes RESI to make progress in business operations under the new Chairman's leadership.
According to new Chairman Wu, RESI should strive to cooperate with engineers both in engineering design and construction sectors and maximize its specialty in engineering design/construction works from the EPC perspective. With the instructions from top management of CTCI Group and assistance of all RESI members, we shall take challenges rigorously in the future. (RESI)
- 2015/05CTCI Retaining TOP 1 EPC Contractor in Taiwan CommonWealth Magazine’s Exclusive Interview with CTCI Chairman YuCommonWealth Magazine interviewed CTCI Chairman John T. Yu and published the article entitled: “Taiwan’s Top 1 EPC contractor - CTCI Group, Massively Increase New Contracts up to NT$80 billion by ‘Fighting for the pie with all the competitors’ in the Overseas Market”. With a strong ambition to challenge itself in the global engineering market and to broaden business horizons, CTCI now plays a major role in the global arena of EPC lumpsum contracting. In terms of the overall ranking in the Top 650 Service Enterprises, CTCI Corporation ranked as the 28th this year, retaining Top 1 in the contractor sector for 11 years in a row and moved up to the 35th in profitability in the service sector. The tables below reveal the rankings of CTCI Group. The interview was published in the CommonWealth Magazine, No.572 (13 May, 2015). Please refer to the attachment for the media report.
- 2015/04CTCI Corporation, Advanced Control & Systems Inc. and KD Holding Corporation Ranked as "Grade A++" in the "2014 Information Disclosure and Transparency Rankings"Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) & GreTai Securities Market (GTSM) announced the 2014 Information Disclosure and Transparency Rankings Results on April 2, 2015. CTCI Corporation (CTCI) and its subsidiaries, Advanced Control & Systems Inc. (ACS) and KD Holding Corporation (KD), were ranked the highest "Grade A++" level in the “2014 Information Disclosure and Transparency Ranking Results." Such an achievement demonstrates that CTCI Group’s efforts in ensuring corporate governance and information transparency have been well recognized.
This year, there are 60 TWSE-listed companies and 13 GTSM-listed companies that ranked as “Grade A++” in the 1,393 listed companies participated in the ranking. CTCI, ACS and KD are ranked as the highest grade of the Information Disclosure and Transparency Ranking System (IDTRS) for 6, 7 and 3 years in a row, respectively.
The Securities and Futures Institute (SFI), entrusted by TWSE and GTSM, launched IDTRS to evaluate the transparency of information for all listed companies in Taiwan in 2003. The IDTRS gauged the level of corporate transparency by searching information via Market Observation Post System and company websites. The SFI has divided ranking level of this appraisal into 7 grades. The entire system successfully enhanced investors’ confidence in Taiwan’s capital market. Under such stringent evaluation mechanism, it is indeed a great honor that all of the three listed companies of CTCI Group ranked as the highest grade of the IDTRS.
(CTCI Secretariat of the Board)
- 2015/03SESC Keelung WtE Plant Inaugurated, Certified as a National Environmental Education Facility and VenueThe Keelung WtE Plant, which is operated and managed by Sino Environmental Services Corporation (SESC), received the certification as a National Environmental Education Facility and Venue from Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan, and Conference of National Environmental Education. It was inaugurated on 20th March, 2015 with hundreds of participants, including deputy mayor and chairman of Keelung city.
Within the plant, a space for environmental education is organized, combined with local history, natural resources and lessons to provide a vivid, happy and rich experience for the public. In addition, it also enables the public to be more familiar with the environment, enhance the consciousness of environmental protection and learn how to practice these concepts in daily life. The honor also recognized SESC’s efforts for its continuous promotion for enhancement of plant facilities, social environmental education, and fulfillment of corporate social responsibilities.
(Sino Environmental Service Corporation)
- 2015/03First Investor Conference of CTCI Group in 2015CTCI Group held first investor conference at the International Convention Center of National Taiwan University Hospital on March 23rd, 2015. Three companies under CTCI Group, CTCI Corporation, Advanced Control and System Inc. (ACS) and KD Holding, reported the operation reviews and strategy outlooks ,new projects signed and financial review of 2014,target market outlooks and region breakdown of potential business opportunities in 2015.The conference drew around one hundred participants, including the institutional investors, bankers and journalists.
For CTCI Group, the accumulated new contracts amount to NTD 77.87 billion and the backlog reaches the record high of NTD 187.08 billion by December 31st, 2014.In 2014, the consolidated sales revenues and net income after tax of the group is NTD 57.69 billion and NTD 1.88 billion, respectively. The EPS after tax is NTD 2.51, increased by 13.1% than the year 2013. For the operation performance in 2014, important contracts awarded are the EPCC contract for PETRONAS’ RFCC/LTU/PRU units (RFCC) in Malaysia (consortium of CTCI Corp., Chiyoda, CCJV P1 E&C, SYNERLITZ AND MIE), Saudi Methacrylates Company (SAMAC) MMA and PMMA project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Trackwork project for Thomson Line from the Land Transport Authority of Singapore. In the future, the business strategies of CTCI group are to maximize current business through horizontal and vertical expansion, such as to strengthen front end engineering design capabilities, and extend the current business operation to plant maintenance services, to actively acquire the selected and specialized technologies and required qualifications through merger and acquisitions or long-term strategic alliances, to develop new products, markets and technologies by leveraging the resources of overseas subsidiaries to develop business in new regions.
For ACS, the accumulated new contracts amount to NTD 0.94 billion and the backlog reaches NTD 1.55 billion by December 31st, 2014. In 2014, the consolidated sales revenues and net income after tax is NTD 1.35 billion and NTD 76 million, respectively. The EPS at the same period is NT$3.30. The gross profit margin and net profit margin after tax is 12.7% and 5.6%, respectively. In 2015, the sales targets of ACS are to increase the proportion of overseas sales revenues, to increase the portion of products plus services sales revenues and to increase the gross margin by expanding Intelligence Manufacturing (IM) and Information & Communication Technology (ICT). The strategies of Main Automation Contract (MAC) are to develop unique automation business, to focus on system integration and commissioning services, and to transfer MAC experience in hydrocarbon business to the general industries.
For KD Holding, the consolidated sales revenue and the net income after tax in 2014 is NTD 3.93 billion and NTD 0.67 billion, respectively. The EPS in the same period is NT$10.47, increased by 3.1% than the year 2013.The gross profit margin and net profit margin after tax is 26.2% and 20.2%, respectively. For the operation performance in 2014, important contracts awarded are the service contract for equipment maintenance and refuse crane operation for southern district waste to energy plant of Kaohsiung City, the service contract for plant overhaul for middle district waste to energy plant of Kaohsiung City and the service contract of renewal and upgrade of mechatronics system of the incineration plant of Taoyuan international airport. The important progresses of KD holding in 2014 were acquiring 20% shares of BORETECH Resource Recovery Engineering Co.Ltd, (Cayman) to enter resources recycling business and achieved commercial operation of PET bottle recycling and slicing plant in the US. For the prospect of 2015, KD Holding’s business strategies are domestic environmental protection and mechatronics system maintenance business upgrading, active expansion of incineration plant business in overseas markets, such as China, Southeast Asia and India, vertical integration and horizontal extension of the PET bottle recycling business, and steady expansion of the solar power generation volume.
(CTCI, Investor Relation Department)
- 2015/03E&C President Handover Ceremony Concluded with SuccessThe handover ceremony of the President of E&C Engineering Corporation (E&C) was held at E&C office on March 12, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. The handover ceremony was administered by Chairman S. W. Lou. Former President Y. S. Liao handed over the official seal to the newly appointed President David Chu. CTCI Group Vice Chairman John Lin, Board Director Pao-Yao Pan and Board Supervisor Ming-Cheng Hsiao were invited as honorable guests to attend the ceremony. The simple but solemn ceremony was concluded with success.
(E&C Engineering Corporation)
- 2015/03CTCI Won the Annual Excellent Performance Contractor Award from DuPont Kuan Yin PlantThe DuPont DTT KYC III Project contracted by CTCI was awarded the Annual Excellent Performance Contractor Award by DuPont Kuan Yin Plant. The award recognized CTCI’s efforts to maintain a record of no safety accident during construction, provided assistance to the owner to successfully execute safety training of high-risk activities (HRA) for subcontractors, as well as reviewed and supervised the work plans to ensure the HRA were safely completed.
The award ceremony was held on March 13, 2015 at DuPont Kuan Yin Plant. CTCI Vice President Simon Liao represented CTCI to receive the award from Plant Manager of DuPont Kuan Yin Plant, Frank Lin.
(CTCI Project Division I)
- 2015/03CTCI Honored with the 4th "National Industrial Innovation Award--Deep Development of Industry Fundamental Technology Award"On March 18th, Ministry of Economic Affairs announced winners of the 4th "National Industrial Innovation Award" at its official website (http://www.NIIA.tw). CTCI won the “Deep Development of Industry Fundamental Technology Award” with “3D/4D Application in Lump Sum turnkey Project”. The award presentation ceremony is expected to be held in early June of 2015.
The core structure of CTCI’s topic for the award is based on the concept of digital plants. Through innovative thinking, CTCI developed new 3D / 4D technology and methods of operation, and integrated enterprise private cloud with Lump Sum turnkey engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning and transfer work, all of which are applied in the digital plants. These technology, when applied in domestic and global Lump Sum turnkey projects, can not only upgrade project quality reduce operating costs, ensure plant safety and shorten the construction process, but also enhance the competitiveness of enterprises, thereby creating customer value, and leading the domestic industry to enhance the 3D / 4D technical capacity. There were 259 groups took part in the election with 44 winners (24 for industry, 4 for academia and 16 for research institutions) selected this year. Through a rigorous peer review procedure, CTCI’s innovation and technology have gained considerable recognition. (CTCI Piping Engineering Dept.)
- 2015/01ACS Received a Thank-You Letter from Taoyuan International Airport CorporationACS has undertaken“Taoyuan International Airport Pavement Rehabilitation and Navigation Facilities Upgrading Project and AGL and NC Backup Runway” by Taoyuan International Airport, and completed the construction of ground surface lighting system for 05R/23L runway and southern taxi way on schedule. The 05R/23L runway was successfully operated on 8th January 2015. Appreciating what ACS has accomplished in propelling national key projects, Taoyuan International Airport Corporation sent a thank-you letter to ACS, and kindly suggested ACS to reward those who have been involved in the project and played a major role. The recognition has motivated ACS to continuously provide quality services to its clients. (ACS)
- 2015/01CTCI Awarded ISO 27001:2013 CertificateTo show its great emphasis on information security and information security risk management, also to continuously satisfy our customers with the optimized security and high quality IT services, CTCI Corporation set up a special project implementing ISO/IEC 27001 system and rebuilding ISMS (Information Security Management System) from June 2014.
The certification scope, in addition to the server room and network management which are necessary for the IT infrastructure, the others start with the company's core business EPC. After several months of hard work, CTCI was successfully certified with zero non-conformity by BSI (British Standards Institute) on December 12, 2014.
CTCI Corporation held ISO 27001: 2013 certificate award ceremony on January 23. The certificates were issued by the BSI Taiwan managing director Peter Pu; CTCI President Michael Yang received the award on behalf of the company. At the ceremony, special thanks were given by President Yang to the BSI auditors providing lots of valuable advices. In addition, he also praised the competent leadership and the efforts of colleagues; because of the colleagues participated in this project, the preparation of certification was completed within only five months.
It is hoped by President Michael Yang that through the PDCA cycle, CTCI can improve ISMS continuously, while also expand the verification scope to other system compliance. Moreover, he wants to further promote the spirit of ISO 27001 to various subsidiaries within CTCI group, in order to enhance the group's information security management required by the international quality standards.
- 2015/01CTCI Recognized by Taipei City Fire Department as the 2014 Outstanding Workplace for Fire Prevention Self-ManagementCTCI headquarters building was recognized by Taipei City Fire Department as the 2014 Outstanding Workplace for Fire Prevention Self-Management. The Taipei City Fire Department held a “119 Fire Prevention Advocacy Campaign” on 17 January 2015 at the Shanti Boulevard plaza; during the same day the awarded entities were publicly commended. Senior Vice President Andrew Tsai represented CTCI to accept this honor. The honor bestowed to CTCI not only recognized our accomplishments for fire prevention works performed at the HQ building, but has motivated us to continue efforts for related measures to provide a safer work environment to our staff.
(Administration & General Services Dept., CTCI)
- 2015/01Vice Chairman John H. Lin Honored by Sino-Arabian Cultural & Economic Association with “Outstanding Contribution Award to Sino-Arabian Relations, 2014”Recommended by CTCI Foundation and CTCI Corporation, CTCI Group Vice Chairman John H. Lin is selected by the Sino-Arabian Cultural & Economic Association for “Outstanding Contribution Award to Sino-Arab Relations, 2014”. The award ceremony will take place at the 5th floor of Chinese Petroleum Building on 14 January 2015, pm 6:00 at its annual member meeting.
The award specified above is hosted by the Sino-Arabian Cultural & Economic Association with an aim to reward persons who have tangible contributions to foster cultural interactions, develop bilateral trade, undertake engineering projects with excellent quality, or enhance mutual friendship and civil diplomacy with Saudi Arabia. The candidates were recommended by the board directors and supervisors of the Association, followed by document reviews to select persons with special contribution to Sino-Arab relations.
Vice Chairman John H. Lin has been dedicating efforts to the promotion of related affairs. Thanks to his relentless efforts, CTCI was able to penetrate the Middle East engineering market. Over the years when mobilized to Saudi Arabia, Vice Chairman Lin successfully led project teams to win contracts which were finalized with success, and substantially enhanced Sino-Arab cultural and economic interactions. The honor bestowed to Vice Chairman Lin affirms his long-term efforts and contribution to foster Sino-Arab relations both individually and to CTCI Group