- 2019/01Taiwan: “2019 Taiwan in My Eyes--120h” Event Starts at CTCI HQ: Students from 22 Countries Voice to the World the Sustainable Operations of TaiwanA nationwide campaign ”2019 Taiwan in My Eyes-- Sustainability Tactics” co-organized by CTCI Education Foundation and Center for Corporate Sustainability was launched on January 21 at CTCI headquarters. The event is focused on the exploration of Sustainable Development Goals of United Nations. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu & CTCI EF and TAISE Chairman Eugene Chien both were invited to attend the opening and gave a welcoming address to the students at the opening and wished them to grasp this opportunity to observe/share Taiwan’s sustainability practices with peers worldwide within the 5-day, 120h campaign.
This campaign has been held for the 4th time and the response is incredible. For the recent session, participants are composed of 12 native Taiwanese and 36 foreign students from 22 countries in 11 universities. Aside from self-selected sites visits to explore Taiwan’s sustainability dimensions, during the five days, students also visit several benchmark enterprises to see Taiwan’s international engineering expertise/track record, sustainable practices of semiconductor industry, ecological education, transformation of the hydrocarbon industry, and innovative technology development in central Taiwan. It is expected that trough the on-site visit, students will observe, exchange ideas, discuss and record what they see in social media with their peers and most importantly, effectively promoting SDGs education worldwide.
- 2018/10Taiwan: CTCI-HDEC Joint Venture to Establish Taiwan's First Integrated Sewage Treatment and Reclamation PlantCTCI Corporation (CTCI), Taiwan's largest EPC contractor, has joined hands with Hsin-Dar Environment Corporation (HDEC), as a joint venture and awarded BTO Project of LinHai Sewage Treatment Plant and Reclaimed Water by Kaohsiung City Government. For this project, a special purpose company, HDEC-CTCI (Linhai) Corporation, responsible for investment, build, and operation of the project is established. The contract, valued at NT$4.33 billion and with an 18-year concession period, is Taiwan’s first project combining sewage treatment and large reclamation unit together. The reclaimed water could be provided for industrial use, transforming itself into a little reservoir of the city. The plant is scheduled to be commercially operated in 2021, and by when, totally 33,000 CMD reclaimed water will be provided for Kaohsiung Linhai Industrial Park, effectively easing the strain of local water demand.
The contract, being part of the six demonstration plants to be built in the Public Sewage Treatment Plant Discharge Water Recycling and Reuse Promotion Project, is to build sewage treatment plant and reclamation plant in one step; in 1st phase, it is expected to build a 55,000 CMD Sewage Treatment Plant to produce 33,000 CMD reclaimed water for industries at Linhai Industrial Park. In the future, the capacity could be further expanded to 60,000 CMD, combining with the 45,000 CMD by Fengshan Shi Wastewater Reclamation Plant at 2nd phase, over 100,000 CMD reclaimed water could be steadily produced for Linhai Industrial Park and thus laying a cornerstone for local industry development.
CTCI, with 20 years of experience in water resource treatment, has completed various water reclamation plants for the hydrocarbon industry and municipal wastewater treatment plants projects, and is keen on the business opportunities of water resource in the context of circular economy. With the new contract awarded, CTCI is committed to deliver the Most Reliable engineering quality and green engineering practices, contributing its share for the sustainability of the environment.
- 2018/10Taiwan: Putting Circular Economy into Practice --CTCI Joins Hands with Evergreen Steel to Build Taiwan's Landmark BOT Biomass Energy CenterBacked by its rich experience and project performance in the fields of waste management and Energy-from-Waste business, CTCICorporation (CTCI) , Taiwan's largest EPC turnkey service contractor, has successfully secured the "Taoyuan City Biomass Energy Center Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Project" under a Joint Venture (JV) formed by CTCI Corporation, ECOVE, an affiliate of CTCI, in conjunction with Evergreen Steel Corporation (Evergreen). The JV also established “EVER ECOVE Corporation” as the concession company for the BOT project, with CTCI responsible for the EPC work of the project and ECOVE Environment Services Corporation, a subsidiary of ECOVE, responsible for its operation and maintenance.
The landmark Biomass Energy Center BOT project in Taiwan is expected to be completed in the second half of 2021 with a concession period of 25 years. Different from the traditional energy from waste plant, it will not only achieve the dual benefits of proper waste disposal and energy recovery (electricity generation) but will also lead the trend and create a new generation of cycling-type environmental park with low pollution, diversified treatment, and sustainable operation. It will become a model indicator for the promotion and development of the circular economy by the Taoyuan City Government.
The scope of this project includes waste pretreatment, thermal process (waste incineration), anaerobic digestion, landfill and other related facilities. The facility puts the circular economy into practice by directing waste to reduction, reuse and recycling. After completion, the center will be responsible for handling household waste and industrial & commercial waste in Taoyuan City, and recovering waste heat generated during heat treatment to generate electricity. Through the anaerobic digestion technology, the facility is able to process the kitchen waste which is with high moisture content and not suitable for direct burning, and create the best solution to treat kitchen waste and further generate electricity as well.
CTCI has been deeply cultivating the resource cycling industry for 20 years and is the only investor/builder in Taiwan that has the turnkey capability of the energy from waste plant and owns successful implementation experience of the only two incineration plant BOT projects in Taiwan. ECOVE is the first environmental resource management service company in Taiwan to acquire the qualifications for the operation of energy from waste plants overseas. Its services include the resource recycling of various materials such as waste disposal and energy from waste, wastewater treatment, and renewable energy development. ECOVE's business landscape covers Macao, China, Southeast Asia, and the United States. The three major businesses of aviation, shipping, and steel owned by the JV partner Evergreen Group, also with a mission of guarding the green earth. Evergreen Steel is leading in the Biomass Energy Center project, has a foothold in environmental protection and has made the investment to two companies, namely Hsin Yung Enterprise and Super Max Engineering. In the future, Evergreen Group will also expand its business in environmental protection.
In this project, the JV team of CTCI and Evergreen stood out from the fierce competition with its high energy efficiency, technical solutions for effective processing of multiple wastes, and the concept of putting the circular economy into practice. CTCI is committed to continuing to uphold the brand spirit of "The Most Reliable" and join hands with Evergreen to establish Taoyuan City as an advanced, environmentally friendly homeland.
Awards & Certifications
- 2019/02Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). With outstanding EPC interface integration and execution as well as onsite HSE management performance, the team successfully created a new safety record for CTCI, accumulating a 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries. To celebrate the achievement, a grand ceremony was held on Feb. 13, and 11 subcontractors with over 50 nationalities totaling 6,000 people share this historical moment. In a shared commitment, everyone is determined to attain the goal of no hurt.
Guests attending the ceremony included Owner ORPIC General Manager Mr. Rami Al Khourzom and Project Manager Mr. Khalifa Al Makhmari, CTCI GEB DCEO Mr. M. H. Wang, Project Director Min Li Lee, Construction Director W. P. Luo, and senior management of McDermott. The total record of a 40 Million Man-hours withou
- 2019/01Taiwan: CTCI REI Certified to ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems & ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management SystemsCTCI REI has recently been certified to both ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems as well as ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems. The award ceremony has been held on Jan. 16, for which CTCI REI Chairman Guo-An Wu and President Din-Go Ku attended to accept the certificates. The certification of these two international standards demonstrates that CTCI has geared itself to the international conventions, dedicating itself to enhancing occupational HSE performance and reducing all related risks.
ISO 45001 is the world’s first Occupational Health and Safety Management System, which helps enterprises to construct a safer, healthier and more sustainable workplace by means of risk identification, constant improvement, and strengthening compliance with current legislation. ISO14001, on the other hand, is a world-renowned environmental management system, whose aim is to ensure businesses to attend to environmental protection while developing, hence contributing to sustainability worldwide.
CTCI REI has been staying committed to employees, clients, and suppliers, continuously bettering engineering quality and HSE management practice and establishing comprehensive standard operating procedures for project executions in line with international standards. Such performance has won it various honors in 2018, including Public Construction Golden Quality Award—for project management and supervision, Excellent Underground Pipeline Engineering Award" of the Chinese Taipei Society for Trenchless Technology, OSH award for excellence in public construction project by Ministry of Labor, and OSH award--Excellent project by New Taipei City Government. In the days to come, CTCI REI will continue to stay true to CTCI’s brand spirit of being the Most Reliable, promote quality/safety first HSE commitment, and create a safer, healthier workplace, hence building a business model for sustainable operations.
- 2018/12Taiwan: CTCI REI Wins Dual "Public Construction Golden Quality Award", The Highest Honor in Public WorkWinners for the highest honor in public works, the Public Construction Golden Quality Award have been announced. For entrusted project management and supervision service contract with Jia-Shan Air Force Base EPC Project, CTCI REI was recognized by the 18th annual Public Construction Golden Quality Award, issued by the Public Construction Commission of the Executive Yuan. In the Facilities category, the project management unit and supervision unit received two special awards for excellent quality of project management and supervision execution performance. The award ceremony was held on December 18 in the CPC Convention Hall of the Chinese Petroleum Building. On behalf of CTCI REI, Chairman Wu Kuo-Ann and President Gu Dingguo accepted the award from Wu Tze-cheng, Minister of the Public Construction Commission.
Jia-Shan Air Force Base’s electrical power, fire fighting, ventilation and air conditioning, water supply and system control systems for the turn-key project were completed for nearly 30 years. As such, critical infrastructure such as mechanical and electrical equipment has gradually entered a high-risk period for failure. After the CTCI REI team completed its evaluation and planning review of the case, it integrated capturing reality point cloud and BIM (building information modeling) at the design stage, in order to effectively reduce construction conflicts and design change, and to benefit future maintenance management. At the same time, it used an optical fiber ring network topological architecture to build the north-south tunnel sharing & supporting intelligent monitoring center to control the operation of mechanical and electrical equipment. In this way, it effectively strengthens the monitoring function. To maintain the security and safety of the tunnel and staff, it adopted LSFH (low smoke and free of halogen) cable and waterproof and moisture proof planning considering the closure and humidity characteristics of the tunnel. Also, to solve the issue of diminishing manufactured products, priority is given to using domestic products and equipment. If it is a foreign product, it needs to obtain a letter of commitment regarding continued supply of products. With robust project management and supervision of the implementation capacity, the CTCI REI team effectively improved the five major systems in the building, including electric power, ventilation and air conditioning, fire fighting, water supply and system control to maintain the operation of critical infrastructure such as telecommunications, transport, energy, reservoirs and electricity and ensure the military’s lasting strength.
During the construction period, for more than 80 days the project experienced stationing of warplanes for necessary precautions against typhoons and for military training. The team acted immediately to adjust the construction area and time, carried out the construction of major equipment, and maintain the normal operation of the unit according to the temporary supporting measures. The project was completed on schedule with excellent quality. The award of this honor once again recognizes CTCI’s persistence and commitment to provide the “Most Reliable” engineering services.
CTCI Spokesperson Name: Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Job Title: Executive Vice President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10099 e-mail: email@example.com CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Name: Patrick Lin Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 16011 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org