- 2019/08Taiwan: “2019 Youth Sustainability Leadership Program” Held by CTCI EF, Center for Corporate Sustainability & Taiwan Institute for Sustainability Foundation--Opening Up New Opportunities for Sustainability“2019 Youth Sustainability Leadership Program” organized by CTCI EF, Center for Corporate Sustainability (CCS) & Taiwan Institute for Sustainability Foundation (TAISE) was held during July 30 to August 2. Totally 36 students from 27 colleges/universities in Taiwan participated in this training program for four days and three nights. The program aims to put forward proposals for the UN’s 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CTCI GSS CEO Ming-Cheng Hsiao and CTCI EF&TAISE Chairman Eugene Chien, ambassador-at-large, were invited to attend the opening and gave a welcoming address to the students, expecting them to exert influence as the younger generation, opening up new opportunities for sustainability globally. At the closing ceremony, Eugene Chien, ambassador-at-large conferred “Youth Sustainability Leadership Scholarship” to teams demonstrating outstanding performance.
This is the third term for this program, and to enable students to better understand the current international sustainability issues and SDGs, apart from training courses, for the first time, an “Innovative Proposals Development” course--a group competition for proposals on SDGs, was organized. The course combines a book published this year by CTCI EF, “UN’s Sustainable Development Goals—Philosophy and Practice for Sustainable Industries”, which explores four sustainability topics, food & agriculture, energy, city & transportation, as well as health & welfare. Hopefully, this would help strengthen the students’ leadership, encourage them to utilize what they have learned, plus innovative thinking, and contribute a share to promote sustainability globally.
- 2019/07USA: CTCI Secures GCGV 1.1 MTA MEG EPC Project of ExxonMobil, SABIC with McDermottCTCI, Taiwan’s leading EPC contractor, has secured Gulf Coast Growth Ventures (GCGV) Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) EPC Project in the United States by forming a Joint Venture, CTCI McDermott Integrated (CMI), with McDermott. The world-scale downstream module project sets a new record in contract value CTCI secures in the U.S. hydrocarbon market, and is CTCI’s first project to fully utilize its modularization technology in the U.S. EPC market.
The project owner is a Joint Venture between ExxonMobil and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). The MEG Project is located in San Patricio County, Texas, which enjoys ready access to rail and deep water port facilities. With the existing infrastructure and proximity to raw materials, this has created a positive business climate to make good use of the shale gas development in the U.S. and booming local petrochemical industry. GCGV acquired environmental permits in June, 2019. The completion of the Project, anticipated by 2022, is expected to bring production of 1.1 MTA monoethylene glycol (MEG) annually to satisfy the growing demands for MEG.
CTCI has accumulated experience in the hydrocarbon business since 1979 and has executed high-end EPC projects in the petrochemical processing, chemical, and LNG markets around the world. “With this Project, CTCI extends its service upward to front-end engineering design.” said John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI. “CTCI leverages its equipment modularization experience to that of the whole plant, a milestone for our modularization technology. We are committed to providing comprehensive engineering services to our Client, staying true to our brand spirit of being ‘The Most Reliable.’”
- 2019/07Taiwan: “2019 Taiwan in My Eyes--120h”—Summer Action Held by CTCI EF Concluded with Success: Let the World See Efforts by Taiwan Business to Realize SDGsA nationwide campaign ”2019 Taiwan in My Eyes 120h—Summer Action” was co-organized by CTCI Education Foundation (CTCI EF) and Center for Corporate Sustainability (CCS) which attracted 28 students from 12 countries in 6 universities that form 7 teams.
The event concluded on July 19 at CTCI headquarters, on which a Results Presentation event and award ceremony was held. Students shared in Chinese and English their observations and reflections during the 5-day, 120h exploration trip across Taiwan visiting enterprises across sectors with exemplary performance in promoting United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The students also record what they see in social media to share with their peers, voicing Taiwan’s SDG performance worldwide. At the event, CTCI EF and CCS Chairman Eugene Chien conferred “CTCI Exchange Scholarships” to winning teams to recognize their efforts to enhance Taiwan’s visibility in sustainability development and explore the diversity of Taiwan.
Awards & Certifications
- 2019/09The US: CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for Five Years in a Row, Ranks Third Place in Engineering & Construction Industry GloballyRobecoSAM, an international investment company with a specific focus on sustainability investments, recently announced the results of 2019 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components. CTCI has been selected in the Emerging Markets index for five years in a row, ranks third place in the Engineering & Construction Industry category, and retained the top place in the Economic & Social Dimension among global peers, sustaining its position as an industry leader in Taiwan.
This year, totally 3,519 companies were invited by RobecoSAM globally to participate in the DJSI Index assessment, while CTCI was listed by DJSI in its Emerging Markets index. For Emerging Markets index, 98 enterprises, including CTCI, were selected from the 808 participating enterprises. This year, CTCI is highly recognized for performances in Economic and Social Dimension, ranking the 1st place among its peers. Specifically, it performs well in non-financial criteria including Codes of Business Conduct, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, as well as Occupational Health and Safety.
In terms of promotion of sustainability, CTCI has devised long-term goals to be achieved by 2021 separated by four core business areas, iEPC (intelligent EPC), Green Engineering, Circular Economy, and Smart Plants in response to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) proposed by the United Nations. Meanwhile, internally, we enhance colleagues’ awareness of sustainability issues and participation rate by organizing Corporate Sustainability Action Initiative contest, while externally, we promote youth sustainability education through CTCI Education Foundation, holding a variety of activities including Youth Sustainability Leadership Program, and Taiwan in My Eyes-120h.
CTCI achieved a bright business operation record in 2018, with new contract amount and backlog of contract reached 110.7 billion and 208 billion, grew by 129 % and 25 %, respectively. Also, CTCI continues to be listed by Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine within Top 100 International Contractors and International Design Firms, able to independently execute large-scale EPC turnkey project services exceeding a contract value of USD1 billion.
CTCI’s CSR practice has been widely recognized by various quarters; it is once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine, and recognized with various honors in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards -- Top Ten Domestic Corporate". CTCI is committed to continuously exerting its influence to sustainability as the most reliable global engineering services provider, the trailblazer in green innovation, employer that builds a brilliant workplace, and, last but not least, a corporate citizen willing to commit.
- 2019/09Taiwan: CTCI Corp., ECOVE, CTCI ASI Won the 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award, CommonWealth Magazine--ECOVE Ranks 1st Place in Medium-sized EnterpriseResults for Top 100 of the 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award organized by CommonWealth magazine have come out. Three CTCI companies have made the list. CTCI Corporation ranks 25th in the large enterprise category, while ECOVE, an affiliate of CTCI, came in 1st place under medium-sized enterprise. CTCI ASI finished 7th. Once again, CTCI’s endeavor to fulfill corporate social responsibility combining its core expertise has been recognized. The award ceremony was held on Sep. 5.
CTCI receives high scores in “corporate governance”, “corporate commitment”, “social participation” as well as “environmental protection” items. Apart from steady growth in operations and adherence to sustainable development, CTCI has established CTCI Education Foundation, engaged in industry-academy cooperation, and participated in forums and trades programs, aiming to expand the influence of engineering, improve education level, promotes global sustainability and industry upgrading. Besides, it has always applied its core competence in green engineering technologies to provide customers with environmental protection and energy-saving solutions that are economically viable. CTCI strives to innovate and improve green competitiveness in the industry, leading its subcontractors to contribute to environmental sustainability.
Finishing in 1st place under medium-sized enterprise, ECOVE has applied its expertise in Energy-from-Waste and actively participated in the certification of environmental education facilities. It also designed environmental education courses based on the characteristics of EfW plants, human factors and geography. At the same time, citizens and schoolchildren are invited to visit local plants in an effort to improve public knowledge of environmental protection and energy cycling, exercising its business influence.
CTCI ASI continues to enhance its ranking this year. Apart from implementing corporate governance, promoting wellbeing in the workplace, it has engaged in talent cultivation by means of industry-academy cooperation and industry partnerships. It also applies its core competence in innovative research and development, dedicating itself to smart plants, airports, manufacturing, process safety and facility intelligent solutions, committed to the creation of energy data, development of energy performance management platforms and energy management solutions. This has in turn led to greener engineering management in all levels of the domestic supply chain, assisting its clients to undergo intelligent transformation. Now the positive results have been recognized.
Along with other members of the group, CTCI is working to fulfill responsibilities as a world citizen and has incorporated core operations to make better use of business influence. It strives to benefit business, society and the environment in order to contribute to sustainable development on a global scale.
- 2019/07Taiwan: CTCI Certified to Both ISO 45001:2018 & CNS 45001 for Occupational Health and Safety Management, a Pioneering Engineering Company in TaiwanThe Taiwan-based international EPC contractor CTCI continually improves occupational health and safety performance and is recently certified to Taiwan’s CNS 45001 occupational health and safety management systems following certification to Taiwan’s first international occupational health and safety management system standard, ISO 45001:2018 by International Standard Organization last year. This makes CTCI Taiwan’s first example of engineering company certified to both standards.
The certification demonstrates CTCI’s commitment to follow the trend of international standard and build an even healthier and safer working environment, realizing the vision of becoming “The Most Reliable Global Engineering Services Provider” and setting an example for the industry.
In the certification ceremony, the CEO of CTCI Group Shared Services, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, stated “CTCI not merely provides the best engineering technological quality and service, but stress employees’ safety and health at the workplace more than anything else. We are committed to promoting HSE policies which stresses “Safety First”, actively sharing international engineering technologies and practices with the industry. In the long run, we hope to enhance HSE management performance of the nation.”
CTCI, with four decades of development in the global EPC lump sum contracting markets, is placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors by Engineering News-Record magazine. It has set a model for sustainable operations in the industry with its HSE policy which includes a statement to “Insist on Safety as the First Priority”. Besides being selected for Emerging Markets Index membership for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan for 4 consecutive years, it has made improvements in the percentile ranking of “Occupational HSE”, reaching the 100th percentile in 2017 and 2018. The performance consolidates CTCI’s leading position among other peers in the international engineering industry, winning it customer’s trust and recognition.
CTCI Spokesperson Name: Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Job Title: Executive Vice President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10099 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Name: Patrick Lin Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 16011 e-mail: email@example.com