- 2019/10Taiwan: ECOVE, a CTCI Company, Honored with Technology Contribution Award, a Special Award Recognized by CTCI Foundation at Its 60 AnniversaryECOVE, a CTCI company, is dedicated to improving resource cycling efficiency and offering tailor-made solutions to waste treatment. It has been honored with “Technology Contribution Award" from CTCI Foundation for providing safe, highly- efficient, and stable operating services in the industry. The award ceremony was held on Oct. 4 at Marriott Hotel, Taipei. On behalf of ECOVE, Associate Chief Engineer Yi Ching-Yun and Principal Engineer J. W. Chang accept the honor from Vincent C. Siew, former Vice President of the Republic of China, Taiwan.
Founded in 1959, CTCI Foundation commits itself to introducing cutting-edge knowledge of science and technology, cultivating scientific talents, and promoting prosperity. To celebrate its 60th anniversary and recognize individuals and groups making significant contributions to the country, the Foundation organized a "Science and Technology Contribution Award" with award ceremony held on October 4.
Since 2003, ECOVE has been operating Tainan Science Park Resource Recycling Center (hereinafter referred to as “the Center”), a comprehensive hazardous and special waste treatment plant, the engineering design, planning, and construction work of which implemented by ECOVE’s mother company, CTCI Corp., and ran without any unscheduled shutdown or work accident for 15 consecutive years. For this O&M project, ECOVE applies technical knowhow to advance efficiencies and provide total solution to hazardous and special waste treatment, including incineration, solidification, physicochemical treatment, and landfill. After taking over the plant, ECOVE has been actively creating an ecological environment for the Center and has won the“ROC Enterprise Environmental Protection Award-- Silver Award” for the third consecutive year. With effective O&M service, ECOVE has played an indispensable role in making the Tainan Science Park industry chain staying focused on R&D and production works to enhance productivity to the nation.
The project team, consists of 9 ECOVE employees, has decided to devote the proceeds (NTD$200,000) to CTCI Education Foundation for supporting engineering education, talent cultivation, and sustainable environment.
- 2019/10Taiwan: Dedicated to Development of Smart Engineering Applications, CTCI Signed a LOI with NCKUTaiwan’s biggest EPC turnkey services contractor, CTCI, and National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) signed a memorandum of Letter of Intent (LOI) on October 31 to work jointly in smart engineering, smart plant, green resources technologies, big data analysis, etc. CTCI looks forward to enhancing capabilities in intelligent applications, strengthening international competitiveness, and jointly cultivating talents in Artificial Intelligence, IoT, data analysis, information/communication, and engineering technology.
The signing ceremony was held at the headquarters of CTCI and was signed by John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI, and Dr. Huey-Jen Su, President of NCKU. Guests attending the ceremony include Group Second Vice Chairman Andy Sheu, Executive Supervisor Hwei-Nan Yih, GISB CEO Wu Kuo-Ann, GRCB CEO J. J. Liao, GSS CEO Ming-Cheng Hsiao, Chief HR Officer Connie Lin, CRO of Group Research & Innovation Center Casey Yeh, Dr. Hsieh Sun-Yuan, NCKU Vice-President for Research and Development Office, and Professor Cheng, Fan-Tien, Chair of NCKU Intelligent Manufacturing Research Center.
John T. Yu said that over the past few years, CTCI had been actively introducing various intelligent technology applications into turnkey engineering. Its purpose is to build a digital innovation and intelligent engineering platform exclusively operated by CTCI with iEPC intelligent turnkey plant service.The iEPC version 1.0 stage is scheduled to be accomplished in 2020. It is believed that with this cooperation model, the goal of intelligentization of CTCI's iEPC turnkey engineering will be accelerated. CTCI will encourage all units of the Group to interact with NCKU in various smart application fields, including smart engineering, smart plant, green resources technologies, big data analysis to accelerate the process of group intelligentization, and jointly cultivate talents in engineering.
Dr. Huey-Jen Su, President of NCKU, said that smart technology is one of the development goals of NCKU. She believed that cooperation with CTCI would bring new inspirations to NCKU, and NCKU will also be the best partner for CTCI in Taiwan. In the future, the Global Research & Industry Alliance at NCKU will serve as a bridge between CTCI and NCKU to make communications more smoothly. By providing students with internship opportunities at CTCI, CTCI may recruit NCKU's talents, realizing the vision of being "The Most Reliable Global Engineering Services Provider".
- 2019/10Vietnam: CTCI Succeeds in Acquiring Mega Power Plant EPCC Contract in VietnamTaiwan’s largest EPC contractor CTCI has been awarded an EPCC contract for Van Phong-1 1,320MW Thermal Power Plant BOT Project in Vietnam in cooperation with IHI Corporation, Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation, and Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction Co., Ltd as consortium. The contract award marks a milestone for the company to execute large-scale power plant in Vietnam and paves its way to bid for similar projects in the future.
The project, located in Van Phong Economic Zone, Khanh Hoa Province in the southern part of Vietnam, comprises two supercritical coal-fired boilers (660 MW each) targeted to be commercially operated in 2023 to mitigate power shortage in southern Vietnam. The owner, Sumitomo Corporation, a Japanese trading house, established Van Phong Power Company Limited (VPCL) as a Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) company and signed a 25-year BOT Contract and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Ministry of Industry and Trade and Vietnam Electricity (EVN) in 2018.
CTCI has proven expertise in power plants solutions of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Operation, and Maintenance. Its track records of the execution of power plant projects include Talin, Linkou, Tunghsiao, Datan, and Lungmen Power Plant Project in Taiwan, TOP SPP Small Power Producer Project in Thailand, and the 300MW Kimanis Combined Cycle Power Plant in Malaysia.
Back in 2001, CTCI has established CIMAS Engineering Co., Ltd. in Vietnam for development of local business opportunities. “While the project contributes a share of fostering Vietnam’s economic development by addressing challenges faced locally, it further consolidates CTCI’s position in Vietnam market” says CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu.
Awards & Certifications
- 2019/09Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 60 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). The team successfully broke a new safety record of 60 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries in Sept. 2019 following the over 50 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries record reached in May for onsite HSE management performance. CTCI is committed to attaining the goal of no hurt by joining hands with its business partners and subcontractors.
ORPIC, owned by the Government of the Sultanate of Oman, is created to pursue investment opportunities in the energy sector both inside and outside Oman. Located in the Sohar Industrial Port Area 100 km afar from north of Omani capital Muscat, the Project is part of the 4 EPC packages in the Complex and has the largest contract value for building steam cracker and utilities, the most vital part in LPIC Complex. Subcontractor of the 4 EPCs packages are internationally renowned engineering companies. The plant commissioning is scheduled in 2020.
- 2019/09The US: CTCI Selected as a Member of DJSI Component for Five Years in a Row, Ranks Third Place in Engineering & Construction Industry GloballyRobecoSAM, an international investment company with a specific focus on sustainability investments, recently announced the results of 2019 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) components. CTCI has been selected in the Emerging Markets index for five years in a row, ranks third place in the Engineering & Construction Industry category, and retained top place in the Economic & Social Dimension among global peers, sustaining its position as an industry leader in Taiwan.
This year, totally 3,519 companies were invited by RobecoSAM globally to participate in the DJSI Index assessment, while CTCI was listed by DJSI in its Emerging Markets index. For Emerging Markets index, 98 enterprises, including CTCI, were selected from the 808 participating enterprises. This year, CTCI is highly recognized for performances in Economic and Social Dimension, ranking the 1st place among its peers. Specifically, it performs well in non-financial criteria including Codes of Business Conduct, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, Human Capital Development, as well as Occupational Health and Safety.
In terms of promotion of sustainability, CTCI has devised long-term goals to be achieved by 2021 separated by four core business areas, iEPC (intelligent EPC), Green Engineering, Circular Economy, and Smart Plants in response to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) proposed by the United Nations. Meanwhile, internally, we enhance colleagues’ awareness of sustainability issues and participation rate by organizing Corporate Sustainability Action Initiative contest, while externally, we promote youth sustainability education through CTCI Education Foundation, holding a variety of activities including Youth Sustainability Leadership Program, and Taiwan in My Eyes-120h.
CTCI achieved a bright business operation record in 2018, with new contract amount and backlog of contract reached 110.7 billion and 208 billion, grew by 129 % and 25 %, respectively. Also, CTCI continues to be listed by Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine within Top 100 International Contractors and International Design Firms, able to independently execute large-scale EPC turnkey project services exceeding a contract value of USD1 billion.
CTCI’s CSR practice has been widely recognized by various quarters; it is once again listed among “Top 100 for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility” by CommonWealth Magazine, and recognized with various honors in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards (TCSA), including "The Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards -- Top Ten Domestic Corporate". CTCI is committed to continuously exerting its influence to sustainability as the most reliable global engineering services provider, the trailblazer in green innovation, employer that builds a brilliant workplace, and, last but not least, a corporate citizen willing to commit.
- 2019/09Taiwan: CTCI Corp., ECOVE, CTCI ASI Won the 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award, CommonWealth Magazine--ECOVE Ranks 1st Place in Medium-sized EnterpriseResults for Top 100 of the 2019 Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award organized by CommonWealth magazine have come out. Three CTCI companies have made the list. CTCI Corporation ranks 25th in the large enterprise category, while ECOVE, an affiliate of CTCI, came in 1st place under medium-sized enterprise. CTCI ASI finished 7th. Once again, CTCI’s endeavor to fulfill corporate social responsibility combining its core expertise has been recognized. The award ceremony was held on Sep. 5.
CTCI receives high scores in “corporate governance”, “corporate commitment”, “social participation” as well as “environmental protection” items. Apart from steady growth in operations and adherence to sustainable development, CTCI has established CTCI Education Foundation, engaged in industry-academy cooperation, and participated in forums and trades programs, aiming to expand the influence of engineering, improve education level, promotes global sustainability and industry upgrading. Besides, it has always applied its core competence in green engineering technologies to provide customers with environmental protection and energy-saving solutions that are economically viable. CTCI strives to innovate and improve green competitiveness in the industry, leading its subcontractors to contribute to environmental sustainability.
Finishing in 1st place under medium-sized enterprise, ECOVE has applied its expertise in Energy-from-Waste and actively participated in the certification of environmental education facilities. It also designed environmental education courses based on the characteristics of EfW plants, human factors and geography. At the same time, citizens and schoolchildren are invited to visit local plants in an effort to improve public knowledge of environmental protection and energy cycling, exercising its business influence.
CTCI ASI continues to enhance its ranking this year. Apart from implementing corporate governance, promoting wellbeing in the workplace, it has engaged in talent cultivation by means of industry-academy cooperation and industry partnerships. It also applies its core competence in innovative research and development, dedicating itself to smart plants, airports, manufacturing, process safety and facility intelligent solutions, committed to the creation of energy data, development of energy performance management platforms and energy management solutions. This has in turn led to greener engineering management in all levels of the domestic supply chain, assisting its clients to undergo intelligent transformation. Now the positive results have been recognized.
Along with other members of the group, CTCI is working to fulfill responsibilities as a world citizen and has incorporated core operations to make better use of business influence. It strives to benefit business, society and the environment in order to contribute to sustainable development on a global scale.
CTCI Spokesperson Name: Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Job Title: Executive Vice President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10099 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Name: Patrick Lin Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 16011 e-mail: email@example.com