Latest Press Releases
- 2018/02CTCI Group Donated NT$2 Million to Extend a Helping Hand to Hualien Earthquake VictimsA magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck City of Hualien late February 6, 2018, claiming lives and damaging buildings in and around Hualien. Expressing its grief towards this calamity, CTCI Group takes the initiative to express concern by donating NT$2 million to the relief account of local government authority, to extend a helping hand and help the victims get through the tough times and rebuild their homes soon.
- 2018/01CTCI Education Foundation Launches "2018 Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h"--
Sustainable Development through the Eyes of Students from 22 CountriesThe first session of "2018 Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h" is a joint effort from CTCI EF and TAISE. The opening ceremony was held at CTCI headquarters on January 22, where Group Chairmen John T. Yu and CTCI EF Chairman Eugene Chien presented team flags to 12 university delegations from the island. 22 nationalities were represented, including 12 ROC nationals and 36 foreign students. Through their vision, inspiration and creativity, they shared Taiwan's experience in sustainable development on social media in 120 hours using different languages. A diverse, beautiful and insightful Taiwan is presented to the rest of the world.
17 UN sustainable development goals have been incorporated into "Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h". In addition, five major sites have been identified based on five themes (construction engineering, communications commission development, sustainable air navigation and weather services, environmental education, technological innovation and transformation). The sites include CTCI, FarEasTone, Eva Air, CTCI ECOVE Miaoli Incinerator Plant, Tainan Science Park Bureau, among others. The first stop is CTCI headquarters. where chairman John T. Yu highlights CTCI's rise from a domestic company to Global Top 100 after 40 years of hard work. It is also the only Taiwanese engineering company to be included in the DJSI three years running. Besides leading efforts in sustainable engineering domestically and internationally, CTCI has been actively engaged in the resource cycling industry. To fulfill corporate social responsibility, CTCI EF was also created in 2016 with the aim of cultivating young talents, improving education and creating lifelong learning environments. This is the perfect example of CTCI's desire to increase social influence and improve national competitiveness.
"Taiwan in My Eyes - 120h" is an international educational program launched by CTCI EF in the previous year. Through explorations, observations and field trips in Taiwan, foreign students will gain a better understanding of sustainable development and education on the island.
For all of our latest news, visit:
CTCI Education Foundation Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CTCIEF/posts/
Center for Corporate Sustainability Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/ccstw/
- 2017/12Saudi Kayan Furnace-10 Project Successfully Reaches Mechanical CompletionSaudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), one of the three largest petrochemical producers globally, has provided project management services for its affiliate Saudi Kayan Furnace-10 and Olefin Debottlenecking Project (SKF-10 Project) contracted with CTCI. CTCI had completed Furnace-10 (Cracking Furnace Package) on July 31st, 2017, and the olefin Debottlenecking (ODBN) related works was completed on 15th December 2017, which includes improving of cooling water circulation system, adding an extraction tower system, and improving the performance for part of column. The annual output of ethylene will be augmented by up to 12.2 %.
SKF-10 Project is located in the Jubail Industrial City. Executing the revamping works in the existing olefin-recycling unit requires further compliance with the operating plant, which presents a challenge to the project team. Under the stringent and complicated operating environment, the owner conducts regular EHSS audits and nationwide work safety competitions; Project team was able to accumulate 1.6 million safety hours without lost time injury and even selected as winner of Best EHSS Mega Project Performer in 2nd Quarter 2017 for outperforming contractors from worldwide. This achievement has strengthened CTCI’s track record in the Middle East for winning customer trust with exceptional quality.
Latest Awards and Certifications
- 2018/03CTCI Wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for Successful Brand TransformationTaipei, TAIWAN — March 2018, CTCI, Taiwan’s largest EPC contractor, wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards, the highest recognition for excellence in brand repositioning. More than 27 countries are represented among this year’s winners, including Hewlett Packard Enterprise (USA), Siemens (Germany), and ABB (Switzerland). This important award enables CTCI to gain publicity in the international arena, letting the world see the brand values of Taiwan’s enterprises.
This time, applicants of the REBRAND 100® Global Awards are from 40 industries located in 61 countries and CTCI has been able to stand out from many international brands to win this honor. “After being in the industry for 40 years, we realized that CTCI needed to build a stronger brand to increase our ability to compete internationally,” says John T. Yu, Group Chairman of CTCI. “The Awards is yet another recognition of our efforts to fast-track our international growth.”
In 2016, CTCI worked with DDG brand consultancy to explore and transform its brand in pursuit of a more ambitious international growth target. As a part of the effort, CTCI’s 22 subsidiaries were united under a single identity and single brand message that highlights CTCI’s core value, ‘Discover Reliable’. In so doing, CTCI invites clients to discover the most reliable engineering services through business cooperation, while internally, colleagues are encouraged to work together to internalize the “most reliable” brand spirit into its corporate DNA and give meaning to the concept of “reliability”.
Significant international project wins over recent years further cemented CTCI’s position at the forefront of the global EPC industry. CTCI’s work spans across Asia, the Americas, the Middle East, and Europe. Recent project win highlights include Orpic in Oman, Petronas in Malaysia, and JG Summit in the Philippines. These project wins add to CTCI’s long-held track record of providing reliable services. It has also been listed in Engineering-News Record as the top 100 “International Contractors” and “International Design Firms”. The REBRAND 100® Global Awards is another endorsement of CTCI’s determination to build the world's most reliable engineering services and lead the international EPC industry.
- 2018/01CTCI Machinery Corp. Becomes Taiwan's First Pressure Equipment Manufacturer Certified to Both European and American StandardsCTCI Machinery Corp., a member of CTCI Group, recently raised the bar on Taiwan’s industrial quality by obtaining at one stroke from TÜV Rheinland Group of Germany three certifications, namely PED (EU Pressure Equipment Directive), EN 1090 (EU Structural Steel Certification) and ISO 3834 (Welding Quality Management System Certification), and becomes the first pressure equipment and steel structure manufacturer in Taiwan that is simultaneously certified to both European and American standards of manufacturing technology and service capabilities.
Established in 1979 and formerly known as the Kaohsiung Fabrication Shop of CTCI Corp., CTCI Machinery Corp. of CTCI Group offers a full range of equipment for plant construction needs with its specialized technical and management services. Its clients include major corporations such as CPC Corp., Formosa Plastics, Taipower and China Steel Corp. CTCI Machinery Corp. provides services in the production and installation of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, condensers, furnaces, large storage tanks, boilers, etc. The company has received delegating authority from ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) of Nuclear Component Certification (N, NPT, NA, NS), general pressure vessels, and the certification marks on boilers and power piping (U, U2, S, PP), along with the “R” stamp issued by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector.
TÜV Rheinland Group, a global provider of certification and technical services, provides inspection, testing, certification and auditing services in industrial service sectors such as oil and gas, chemical and petrochemicals, energy and power, construction and process industries. With the newly acquired three certifications, CTCI Machinery Corp. becomes the first manufacturer in Taiwan certified to both European and American standards. Whether it is dealing with the underwater foundation structures of offshore wind turbines in Taiwan or exporting pressure equipment abroad, CTCI Machinery Corp. provides the most reliable, professional services both at home and abroad with top-notch quality and highest value.
- 2017/12Group Chairman John T. Yu Honored with “National Outstanding CEO Award” from Vice President Chen for Guiding CTCI Group to Achieve Global CompetitivenessAs the largest EPC turn-key turnkey engineering contractor in Taiwan, CTCI Group has operated for nearly 40 years, and has grown from a local, small-scale engineering company to one of the top 100 global engineering brands worldwide as well as a coveted partner by many global enterprises. CTCI's global footprints have covered multiple economic zones throughout Asia, the Middle East and America; moreover, it has also demonstrated outstanding performance in terms of corporate governance, quality and engineering safety, and corporate social responsibility (CSR). It has also been nominated as a constituent stock in the Emerging Market Sustainability Index by DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index) for three consecutive years from 2015 to 2017. CTCI Group Chairman John Yu has won the 2nd “National Outstanding CEO Award” from the Chinese Professional Management Association (CPMA) for his outstanding leadership skills in enhancing CTCI's global competitiveness. To honor his contributions, the award was presented by Vice President Chen Chien-Jen during the awards ceremony on December 9th.
“National Outstanding CEO Award” honors CEO of organizations who have reaped positive profit over the last five consecutive years, and demonstrated exceptional performance. During Vice President Chen's speech, he pointed out that excellent professional managers are important promoters in the economic upgrade and transformation of Taiwan. Besides enhancing the competitive edge of their own businesses, they can also create economic benefits for the country. Besides solidifying our roots in Taiwan, CTCI Group is also actively expanding to the global market. Through fearless ambitions and competencies that rival both our Asian and global counterparts, CTCI has successfully established its global competitiveness, and is currently one of the few Taiwanese engineering groups that can rival world-class engineering companies.
Chairman Yu has also stated in his acceptance speech that the honor was both a glory and an encouragement after having dedicated his entire life to the engineering industry and to CTCI. He would also like to dedicate the award to CTCI Group, which has operated tirelessly in Taiwan for nearly 40 years and to all colleagues that have worked diligently with him. Looking to the future, CTCI Group will continue to provide the most reliable engineering services, while revamping itself to become an ideal brand to all workers and attract talents to the engineering industry. Moreover, CTCI aspires to speak up for the domestic engineering industry, to enhance the global image of Taiwanese businesses. And through these efforts, CTCI anticipates to lead everyone in the engineering business to expand globally so that the entire world can get to know CTCI and to increase the international visibility of Taiwan!
CTCI Spokesperson Mr. Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Executive Vice President Tel: +886-2-2833-9999 # 10099 firstname.lastname@example.org CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Mr. Patrick Lin Chief Finance Officer Tel: +886-2-2833-9999 # 16011 email@example.com