Latest Press Releases
- 2018/03CTCI Targets Offshore Wind Power Business Opportunities to Make Green Energy Shines for TaiwanCTCI Group is the largest EPC turnkey contractor in Taiwan. It has extensive experience in domestic and international turnkey projects. Major projects include CPC Refinery, Liquefied Natural Gas Station, High Speed Rail, and MRT. As the leading company of Taiwan's engineering contracting industry, CTCI also responds to the government's green power policy to contribute to the sustainable development of Taiwan's environment while pursuing the growth of the company. Therefore, it will not be absent for the offshore wind power business opportunities. Recently CTCI has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Germany-based wpd AG energy group. CTCI hopes to make green energy shine for Taiwan using its most reliable engineering technology.
Wpd is a wind power and solar optoelectronics developer and operator. It is headquartered in Bremen, Germany, and has operating locations in 18 countries. Since its establishment over 20 years ago, it has installed nearly 2,200 wind turbines and has a total capacity of more than 4,400 MW. In 2016, wpd acquired Taiwan's infraVest Group, becoming the largest private renewable energy operator which operates more than 380 MW on-shore wind power and solar power. It has also planned offshore wind farm sites, including 708MW offshore of Yunlin and 363MW off the coast of Taoyuan.
Offshore wind power is a crucial key to Taiwan’s energy transformation. CTCI will actively compete for related business by utilizing its competitive strength in engineering design and management. In early 2018, CTCI Group's CTCI Machinery Corporation has received German TÜV Group PED (EU Pressure Equipment Directive), EN1090 (EU Steel Structure Certification), and ISO3834 (Welding Quality Management System Certification). CTCI Machinery Corp is the first Taiwan company to get certification from both the US and EU. This is a plus to offshore wind power and underwater infrastructure engineering services.
At present, there are only about 1,000 days left to reach the 520MW policy target by the end of 2020. All developers are fully committed and strive to complete the first potential wind farm in Taiwan by 2020. CTCI will also uphold the brand spirit of "The Most Reliable" and actively pursue business opportunities to provide green energy construction for Taiwan.
- 2018/03CTCI Partners with Global Suppliers to March towards SustainabilityAs the largest domestic turnkey contractor, CTCI has won international recognition for its brilliant corporate social responsibility obligation performances over the years. CTCI has held a "Towards Sustainability - Better Together" 2018 CTCI Supplier Meeting on March 22, 2018, in hopes to collaborate with its supplier partners to fulfill corporate social responsibility and exert their collective global influences. CTCI also shared and promoted its business sustainability philosophy and achievements in order to build consensus, grow together, and create innovative opportunities in terms of environment, economic, and social sustainability development orientations.
A total of 24 suppliers from Eurasian region including Italy, Spain, China, Taiwan, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong were invited to participate, and a total of 44 high-level executives of these suppliers have attended this meeting. Todd Chen, President of EPC Operations, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, President of Group Shared Services, and Ting-Chuang Li, Senior Manager of the Procurement Division have represented the company to welcome the global suppliers during the event and shared the sustainable development and business outlooks of CTCI. Meanwhile, two heavyweight scholars/experts, Dr. Eugene Chien, Chairman of the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy (TAISE) and Dr. Yang Ku, CEO of TAISE, were invited to give keynote speeches on the topics of "International Development Trends and Targets for Sustainable Development" and "Sustainable Supply Chain management," respectively. Their speeches explored the key connections and impacts from the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) toward enterprise sustainable management, social responsibility investment, sustainable supply chain management, etc. The goal of the meeting was to enable participants to have a clearer knowledge and understanding of the sustainable enterprise operations and supplier management practices, and enable everyone to cooperate more closely.
During the meeting, CTCI specifically described its policies on quality management, Safety, Health and Environment policies, procurement operation procedures, and supplier management, as well as providing its future business outlooks. CTCI also awarded medals to manufacturers that have supplied excellent products in order to show recognition and gratitude for their support. The objective is to inspire more vendors to create intimate partnership opportunities with CTCI on a win-win basis.
As a member of the global village, CTCI has continued to fulfill its corporate social responsibility while pursuing enterprise growth in hopes to achieve corporate social responsibility with its partners together. In addition to being the first company to have its CSR reports to receive third-party verification in Taiwan, CTCI has also become the first in Taiwan to be selected by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for three years in a row since 2015, and the only Taiwanese company selected for the engineering industry category. In addition to establishing sustainable supplier chain development strategies, CTCI has also counseled and assisted suppliers to enhance their international capabilities. CTCI has also enhanced their awareness and corporate social responsibility executions via continuous sharing and advocacy. The goal is to enable the global suppliers and CTCI to grow together, and jointly move towards the path of sustainability.
- 2018/02ECOVE Invited to Attend the EAEO Forum to Deliver a Speech on Experiences in Municipal Solid Waste Management in TaiwanLooking around the world, the treatment of municipal solid waste is one of the trickiest problems that the government must deal with. If the government does not manage it properly, it will cause public health and environmental issues.
ECOVE, an affiliate of CTCI, is a global engineering services provider that specializes in EfW, waste management, solar power and circular economy business. In the 1980s and 1990s, waste crisis in Taiwan occurred because of limited space to bury garbage and waste. Founded during Taiwan's waste crisis, ECOVE quickly became a leader in EfW, waste management and resource recovery. Not satisfied with merely recovering energy from disposed resources, ECOVE kept improving its operations to recover as much energy as possible. ECOVE's successful experience in the treatment of garbage and wastes was appreciated by the European-Arab Environment Organization (EAEO) and has been invited to the Egyptian Environment Forum to deliver a speech.
EAEO, founded at Switzerland in 2006, is a non-governmental organization that keeps promoting the concept of sustainable development in Europe and Arab countries. It held “the First Arab Economic Forum for Eco-tourism and Protected Areas in Egypt”, which advocated the concept of eco-tourism and conservation of natural resources, has attracted numerous scholars, experts, enterprises and institutions from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Jordan.
On behalf of company, Richard Huang, ECOVE sales manager, made a speech on "experience in treatment of municipal solid waste in Taiwan" and introduced the company's successful projects and techniques in the field of circular economy. Huang's speech drew a lively discussion, during which he interacted with participants who recognized that Taiwan's experience in treatment of municipal solid waste could be apply in other developing countries.
As a leader in Taiwan's resource recycling industry, ECOVE, committed to actively participating in national/regional agendas and policies, is willing to share with peers and other countries in the world the successful experience in municipal solid waste management.
Latest Awards and Certifications
- 2018/04CTCI Is One of the Leading Corporations Certified to ISO 45001:2018 in Global Engineering IndustryThe Taiwan-based international EPC contractor CTCI continually improves occupational health and safety performance in the workplace and is recently certified to the first international occupational health and safety management system standard published by International Standard Organization, ISO 45001:2018. The certification shows its commitment to follow the trend of the international standard and build an even healthier and safer working environment, realizing the vision of becoming the most reliable global engineering services provider.
In the certification ceremony of ISO 45001:2018 on April 12, the CEO of CTCI Group Shared Services, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, stated: “CTCI takes the lead in being certified to ISO Occupational Health and Safety Standard in global engineering industry and this is the result of our teamwork; it also shows that CTCI actively takes the responsibility of HSE management and continues to surpass ourselves”. The Senior General Manager of HSE Management Department, Daniel Ting was also invited to give a speech on “How CTCI becomes a leader in building OHS management connected to global networks” in the ceremony to share CTCI’s experience in the transition to the OHS management system.
ISO 45001:2018 is the latest international standard that published on March 12, 2018 and developed by experts from more than 70 countries. It is expected that ISO 45001:2018 will take the place of the broadly implemented OHSAS 18001 to facilitate corporations to continually improve their OHS performance in the workplace. CTCI, with nearly 4 decades of development in the global EPC lump sum contracting markets, sets a model for sustainable operations in the industry with the HSE policy of “Insist on Safety as the First Priority”. Besides being evaluated as top 5% of the TWSE listed companies and the Taipei Exchange (TPEx) listed companies in the Corporate Governance Evaluation for years, CTCI has been selected for Emerging Markets Index membership for Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the field of Engineering & Construction Industry in Taiwan for 3 consecutive years, and placed within the Top 100 for International Design Firms and International Contractors by Engineering News-Record magazine. In 2018, CTCI wins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards for successful brand transformation.
- 2018/03CINDA, Subsidiary Company of CTCI, Honored with Vishwakarma Award by Construction Industry Development Council of India for Outstanding Construction Health, Safety & Environment and Green PerformanceThe project of RFCL (Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.) - Civil Work for U&O Package and PLL (Petronet LNG Limited) - Dahej Project contracted by CINDA, a subsidiary company of CTCI, has won the Vishwakarma Award in the category of Achievement Award for Construction Health, Safety & Environment and Green Performance by Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC). The award ceremony was held at India Habitat Center, Dehli on March 7. On behalf of the company, Mr. Tim Lin, Managing Director of CINDA, and Mr. Stellan Yang, Marketing & Sales Manager attended the ceremony for award accepting.
The Vishwakarma Award is a national honor held by CIDC which is devoted to attaining and sustaining a qualitative improvement in India’s work, methods, technology levels and standards of construction industry. Since 2008, CINDA has been dedicated itself to developing India market by adopting the high HSE policy standard and implementing such policies with due care. For years, CINDA has come close to learn the local engineering practices, and rapidly established related system and won credits from the industry in India. Along with other key players in India such as EIL (Engineers India Ltd) and L&T (Larson & Toubro), the winning of this important award signifies that its localization efforts has borne fruits in India. In the days to come, CINDA will continue to deliver the most reliable project execution practice and committed to providing green engineering services for India’s future development and ecological sustainability.
--Achievement Award for Construction Health, Safety & Environment
RFCL (Ramagundam Fertilizer & Chemical Ltd.) Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package
PLL (Petronet LNG Limited) - Dahej LNG Expansion Regasification Facilities Phase IIIB1 Project
--Green Performance Award
RFCL Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant Civil Work for U&O Package
- 2018/03GDDC, Turned Kaohsiung Harbor Area into Photovoltaic Power Facility, Honored with “Golden Boat Award” from Taiwan International Ports CorporationG.D. Development Corporation (GDDC), a subsidiary of industry-leading resource cycling services provider ECOVE, has completed an initiative in Taiwan of constructing a 5,980MWh photovoltaic power facility in Kaohsiung Harbor. GDDC's efforts have been recognized with the “Golden Boat Award- Special Contribution Award” for increasing revenue to Taiwan International Ports Corporation and activate the existing constructions in the harbor.
Cooperated with the National Renewable Energy and Green Port Policy, GDDC obtained the right to construct photovoltaic power facilities in Kaohsiung Harbor through public bidding in 2015. Up to now, GDDC has completed a total capacity of 4.6MW harbor photovoltaic power facility which can generate about 5,980MWh green power and cut down 3,170 metric tons of carbon emission annually. In 2018, the third phase of the parallel operation and additional 1.5MW photovoltaic power facility will be accomplished.
The Golden Boat Award is organized by Taiwan International Ports Corporation and is mainly awarded to outstanding enterprises which improved the management and operation of Kaohsiung Harbor; GDDC is the only awarded company in the solar photovoltaic industry.
In the next few years, GDDC will actively comply with national policies to perform a 20GW solar photovoltaic project and strive for investment opportunities in roof, ground and water fields. In addition, GDDC will cooperate with Gintech Energy Corporation which has extensive experience in the investment and operation of solar power plants in Taiwan and USA markets to look for opportunities in solar photovoltaic projects around the world.
CTCI Spokesperson Mr. Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Executive Vice President Tel: +886-2-2833-9999 # 10099 firstname.lastname@example.org CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Mr. Patrick Lin Chief Finance Officer Tel: +886-2-2833-9999 # 16011 email@example.com