- 2019/07Taiwan: "2019 Taiwan in My Eyes--120h" Event: Multi-national Students Voice to the World the Sustainable Operations of TaiwanA nationwide campaign "2019 Taiwan in My Eyes 120h—Summer Action" co-organized by CTCI Education Foundation and Center for Corporate Sustainability was launched on July 1 at CTCI headquarters. Participants are composed of 7 native Taiwanese and 21 foreign students from 12 countries in 6 universities. The event is focused on the exploration of Sustainable Development Goals of United Nations. CTCI Group Chairman John T. Yu & CTCI EF and TAISE Chairman Eugene Chien both were invited to attend the opening and gave a welcoming address to the students and wished them to grasp this opportunity to observe/share Taiwan’s sustainability practices with peers worldwide within the 5-day, 120h campaign via social media like Facebook.
During the five days, students are invited to visit several benchmark enterprises to see Taiwan's international engineering expertise, sustainable practices of energy transition, ecological footprint of textile manufacturing, waste resource cycling, and innovative technology development in central Taiwan. It is expected that trough the on-site visit, students will observe, exchange ideas, discuss and record what they see with their peers and most importantly, effectively promoting Taiwan's strength for sustainable development.' />
- 2019/06Taiwan: ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation, a CTCI Company, Builds Luzhu Photovoltaic Plant, Generating Green Power and Supplying for 561 Households Yearly
On June 25, ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation (ECOVE SEC), a company of CTCI Group Resource Cycling Business, announced that it has completed a photovoltaic project at Taoyuan Metro Luzhu Depot generating 2.04 million kWh power which could supply for 561 households and cut down 1,079 metric tons of carbon emission annually, equivalent to the amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by 4.1 Da'an Forest Parks in Taipei. With the benefits of power generation and carbon reduction, the plant will be an exemplary photovoltaic park in Taoyuan City.
ECOVE SEC possesses extensive experience of investment, development, construction, and operation of solar power plants in Taiwan as well as US market. So far, the Company has completed projects which generate a total of 135.14 million kWh power and cuts down 73,218 metric tons of carbon emission, which could help ease the power strain during peak hours and make a contribution to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Taoyuan Metro Corp. believes that solar power is a non-polluting industry with high utilization efficiency. It selected Luzhu Depot and Chingpu Depot to install solar modules on the roof. After a rigorous selection process, ECOVE obtained development rights of Luzhu Photovoltaic Plant in 2018 and takes responsibility for the overall planning, investment, construction and operation of the photovoltaic facilities.
In addition, ECOVE SEC also won development rights of Qingpu Photovoltaic Plant which will be completed in June of 2020, generating approximately 3.78 million kWh green power which could supply for 1,040 households and cut down 2,000 metric tons of carbon emission annually, equivalent to the amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by 7.6 Da'an Parks in Taipei.
In addition to Luzhu and Chingpu photovoltaic projects, ECOVE SEC has long been engaged in cooperation with local governments and major public transportation institutions, such as Taoyuan Metro Corp., Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Corp., Taiwan High Speed Rail Company, Hualien County Gov't, Civil Aviation Administration, and Taiwan Port Corp. to develop investment in photovoltaic power system. With the abundant experience, ECOVE will continue to support renewable energy projects with actions and establish a new model for power industry in green energy construction in Taiwan.
- 2019/06Taiwan: ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation, a CTCI Company, Builds Taiwan's First and Largest Rooftop Photovoltaic Facilities at a Purification PlantOn June 25, ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation, a company of CTCI Group Resource Cycling Business, announced that in response to the Government’s promotion for renewable energy it has completed a photovoltaic project at Taipei City Changxing Water Purification Plant, the first photovoltaic construction built on the roof of water purification plant. The photovoltaic facilities are expected to generate 2.13 million kWh power, cutting down about 1,180 metric tons of carbon emission yearly. With the benefits of power generation, suppression of algae growth, dust prevention, and carbon reduction, the plant will be an exemplary photovoltaic park in Taipei City.
ECOVE Solar Energy Corporation possesses extensive experience of investment, development, construction, and operation of solar power plants in Taiwan as well as USA markets. So far, the Company has completed projects which generates a total of 135.14 million kWh power and cuts down 73,218 metric tons of carbon emission, which could help relieve the voltage used during peak hours and make a contribution to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
In response to the Taipei City Photovoltaic Plan, the Taipei Water Supply Division attracted investment in the project of Changxing Water Purification Plant. After a rigorous selection process, ECOVE obtained development rights and is responsible for the overall planning, investment, construction and operation of the photovoltaic facilities.
For the reason that Taipei City takes up less lands and the sunshine radiation of which is less than in the south, ECOVE adopted the rooftop way to build Changxing plant. ECOVE laid a total of 5,936 solar modules with a total area of 11,483 square meters on the roof of the clean pools. According to 1,250 square meters of one standard swimming pool of the Olympic Games, the proportion of the photovoltaic plant is equivalent to the size of more than 9 swimming pools, the largest in the industry.
After the facilities start running, the Changxing photovoltaic plant generates 2.13 million kWh power which could supply for 610 households and cuts down 1,180 metric tons of carbon emission annually, equivalent to the amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by three Da'an Forest Parks in Taipei. Moreover, with the vast landscape combined with the Taipei 101 building and its multi-purpose uses such as energy development, water purification as well as environmental landscape, the photovoltaic plant is expected to become a new landmark in Taipei city.
In addition to Changxing photovoltaic project, ECOVE has long been engaged in cooperation with local governments and major public transportation institutions, such as Taoyuan Metro Corp., Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Corp., Taiwan High Speed Rail Company, Hualien County Gov't, Civil Aviation Administration, and Taiwan Port Corp. to develop investment in photovoltaic power system. With the abundant experience, ECOVE will continue to support renewable energy projects with actions and establish a new model for power industry in green energy construction in Taiwan.
Awards & Certifications
- 2019/06Oman: CTCI Breaks Safety Record in LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project, Achieving 50 Million Man-hours without Lost Time InjuriesCTCI and McDermott joint venture contracted LPIC EPC1 Steam Cracker with Off-Site Work & Utilities Project by Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC) in Liwa Plastics Industries Complex (LPIC). The team successfully created a safety record of 40 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries in January 2019. This May, the project team broke the record with over 50 Million Man-hours without Lost Time Injuries for onsite HSE management performance.
The total safety record has been accumulated during Apr. 26, 2016 to May 12, 2019. A grand celebration ceremony has been held on Jun. 26. On behalf of CTCI, CTCI GEB DCEO Mr. M. H. Wang and EPC1 Project Director Min Li Lee attended the ceremony. Guests attending the ceremony included Owner ORPIC EPC 1/2/3/4 General Manager Mr. Rami Al Khourzom and EPC1 Project Manager Mr. Khalifa Al Makhmari, senior management of McDermott attending the ceremony include Senior Vice President Mr. Tareq Kawash and Liwa Project Director Mr. Wim Berendsen. Totally 11 subcontractors of over 50 nationalities witnessed this historic moment together. At the ceremony, a trophy was conferred to subcontractors, acknowledging their joint efforts to achieve this milestone. In a shared commitment, everyone is determined to attain the goal of no hurt.
ORPIC, owned by the Government of the Sultanate of Oman, is created to pursue investment opportunities in the energy sector both inside and outside Oman. Located in the Sohar Industrial Port Area 100 km afar from north of Omani capital Muscat, the Project is part of the 4 EPC packages in the Complex and has the largest contract value for building steam cracker and utilities, the most vital part in LPIC Complex. Subcontractor of the 4 EPCs packages are internationally renowned engineering companies. The plant commissioning is scheduled in 2020.
- 2019/05Taiwan: Three CTCI Listed Companies Evaluated as Top 5% of the 5th Corporate Governance EvaluationIn the 5th Corporate Governance Evaluation by Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) and Taipei Exchange (TPEx), three listed companies in CTCI Group (CTCI Corp., CTCI Advanced Systems, ECOVE) finished in the top 5% of the TWSE and TPEx listed categories. In addition, CTCI Corp. and ECOVE finished in the top 10% of listed companies in the non-finance and non-electronics industry with a market value of 10 billion TWD or more. ECOVE is the only TPEx listed company to be ranked in this category. The two evaluations above are divided into 7 and 5 levels respectively, with CTCI placing at the highest level in both. The awards ceremony was held on May 28th. Executive Vice President of CTCI, Ming-Cheng Hsiao, the Chairman of CTCI Advanced Systems, Teng-Yaw Yu, and the Chairman of ECOVE, Jun-Jer Liao, were present to accept the awards.
This year's evaluations were mainly carried out using the 172 indicators in 4 major dimensions: protecting shareholders' rights and interests, equal treatment, enhancing board structure and operation, increasing information transparency, and putting corporate social responsibility into practice. A total of 1,554 companies, including 868 TWSE listed companies and 686 TPEx listed companies, were evaluated. The awards recognize CTCI's efforts in several areas including operational performance, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
As a leader in Taiwan's engineering industry with the "Most Reliable" brand spirit, CTCI continues to improve its corporate governance and strives for sustainable business performance. Through the promotion of "Total Participation CSR Excellence Practice," corporate social responsibility is incorporated into CTCI's business strategy. CTCI’s core professional technologies enable it to provide the world with the best engineering services and improve the competitiveness of domestic industries. This is done without neglecting economic, social, and environmental developments as part of the contribution towards global sustainability. Its outstanding performance has been recognized in several domestic and foreign evaluations, including constituent stocks in DJSI Emerging Markets Index for 4 consecutive years, top 40 constituent stocks for listed companies in the 1st Taiwan Sustainability Index, Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award by CommonWealth Magazine, and Most Prestigious Sustainability Awards—Top Ten Domestic Corporate in Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Awards.
- 2019/05Taiwan: CTCI Retained Top 1 in the Contractor Sector in 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey of CommonWealth Magazine with Various CTCI Companies ListedThis May, the results of CommonWealth Magazine's 2019 Top 2000 Enterprises Survey were released. As the outcome indicated, seven CTCI constituent companies, including CTCI Corporation, ECOVE Environment Corporation, ECOVE Environmental Services Corporation, CTCI Machinery Corporation, CTCI Smart Engineering Corporation, CTCI Advanced Systems Inc., and ECOVE Waste Management Corporation were listed in the Top 650 Service Enterprises in its respective industry. According to the survey, CTCI Corporation ranks at the top 5% in the Top 650 Service Enterprises list, and has retained Top 1 in the contractor sector. With outstanding business performance, ECOVE Waste Management Corporation ascend the list for the first time.
The ranking released on May 2019 was based on the consolidated revenues and profits of the companies for the year 2018. CommonWealth Magazine selects Top 1,350 Manufacturing Enterprises, Top 650 Service Enterprises and Top 100 Financial Institutions, and totally there are 2,100 excellent companies. The table below reveal all the rankings garnered by companies of CTCI in various sectors.
CTCI Spokesperson Name: Ming-Cheng, Hsiao Job Title: Executive Vice President Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 10099 e-mail: email@example.com CTCI Deputy Spokesperson Name: Patrick Lin Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Ext: 02-2833-9999 # 16011 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org